Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking Ahead - Schedule
I know, I know, we just need to concentrate on the Dolphins. No we don't we're not the players we're fans we get to look ahead.

Four of our next five games are at home with a bye week thrown in there before the Saints.

Dolphins - H
Steelers - H
@ Chiefs
Bucs - H
BYE
Saints - H

This stretch is critical ! Again I know every game is critical....But we need to take advantage of this home stand and put ourselves in the drivers seat for down the stretch. If we could end up this at 7-2 we'd be in a mighty fine position to challenge for the Division.

We can beat the Dolphins, the Steelers are a mess. I don't think even the Chiefs are a juggernaut their D is vulnerable. The Bucs we have a good shot at. Brees is one you can't count out of any game but still.

If we can get four wins out of this stretch, oh boy. Three is a must !
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Oh ****. We're playing at Arrowhead?

Bobby Hart's gonna have eight false start penalties.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2018, 12:24 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Oh ****.  We're playing at Arrowhead?

His kickstep is really quick or he's been lucky and refs have let it go. I re-watched Sunday's game lastnight and he was definitely ahead of the snap a couple of times.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2018, 12:30 PM)sandwedge Wrote: His kickstep is really quick or he's been lucky and refs have let it go. I re-watched Sunday's game lastnight and he was definitely ahead of the snap a couple of times.

Yep and so was Glenn once or twice.
Reply/Quote

At least Bengals are not playing in Arrowhead in December when it seems that the Chiefs are invulnerable.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
It is going to come down to what Burfict's presence does to the Bengal's defense. And how Boyd holds up. Losing Eifert really hurts. But the Offense seems unstoppable got to give credit to Lazor. I think the Bengals can win any of those games. And I think the Bengals defensive front with Hubbard and Lawson in the mix is one of the best in the league.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2018, 01:30 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: It is going to come down to what Burfict's presence does to the Bengal's defense.  And how Boyd holds up.  Losing Eifert really hurts.  But the Offense seems unstoppable got to give credit to Lazor.  I think the Bengals can win any of those games.  And I think the Bengals defensive front with Hubbard and Lawson in the mix is one of the best in the league.

I think (I'm hoping) the Dline is going to start being a force. If the D can pick it up a little bit we should be able to make some noise.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2018, 01:30 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: It is going to come down to what Burfict's presence does to the Bengal's defense.  And how Boyd holds up.  Losing Eifert really hurts.  But the Offense seems unstoppable got to give credit to Lazor.  I think the Bengals can win any of those games.  And I think the Bengals defensive front with Hubbard and Lawson in the mix is one of the best in the league.

Speaking of Hubbard, defensively he had a so-so game Sunday, but I didn't notice what he did on offense. He blew the hole open for Gio's 2nd TD! He took out 2 defenders allowing Gio to duck into the endzone.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2018, 01:35 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I think (I'm hoping) the Dline is going to start being a force. If the D can pick it up a little bit we should be able to make some noise.

Austin seems allergic to blitz.   I know it seems the Defensive front isn't getting penetration but I think what Austin is doing is occupying lanes.  You will notice that the D-Lineman stay in their lanes and pressure more than sack the QB.    The reason Austin's Scheme seem to break down is because of the poor linebacker play.  Hasslet has got to go.  And where the hell is Jefferson?  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2018, 01:36 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Speaking of Hubbard, defensively he had a so-so game Sunday, but I didn't notice what he did on offense. He blew the hole open for Gio's 2nd TD! He took out 2 defenders allowing Gio to duck into the endzone.

Hubbard as a two way player in NFL.  The new H-Back and terror at D-Line.  He is amazing rookie.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
Hopefully we can get through the stretch at 3-2 or better. 2-3 wouldn't be shocking though.
Reply/Quote
7-2 would be mighty sweet after this key stretch. Gets me all tingly thinking about it.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
If we’re sitting at 6-3 at the end of that stretch I’ll be happy.

After that The schedule eases up. Denver, raiders and Cleveland twice.

Edit: I had an extra game in there...oops
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2018, 01:40 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Austin seems allergic to blitz.   I know it seems the Defensive front isn't getting penetration but I think what Austin is doing is occupying lanes.  You will notice that the D-Lineman stay in their lanes and pressure more than sack the QB.    The reason Austin's Scheme seem to break down is because of the poor linebacker play.  Hasslet has got to go.  And where the hell is Jefferson?  

I'm not totally sure but it seems Jefferson hasn't seen many snaps ?

And yes we need to roll the dice more and blitz some. It's not always gonna work and you'll get burnt here and there. But go down swinging !
I don't care much for the soft, play not to lose D.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2018, 01:44 PM)motoarch Wrote: If we’re sitting at 6-3 at the end of that stretch I’ll be happy.

After that The schedule eases up.  Denver, raiders and Cleveland twice.

Edit:  I had an extra game in there...oops

I'd be happy with that as well.   ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2018, 01:49 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I'd be happy with that as well.   ThumbsUp

Haha did you see me ninja edit my reply to your post :p
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2018, 01:51 PM)motoarch Wrote: Haha did you see me ninja edit my reply to your post :p

No, I missed that.  
Reply/Quote

I would LOVE it if the Bengals go in there 5-1 and the Chefs are undefeated.  Could get flexed to Prime Time.

Win, lose, or tie (puke), that would be a hell of a game...
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2018, 12:10 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I know, I know, we just need to concentrate on the Dolphins. No we don't we're not the players we're fans we get to look ahead.

Four of our next five games are at home with a bye week thrown in there before the Saints.

Dolphins - H
Steelers - H
@ Chiefs
Bucs - H
BYE
Saints - H

This stretch is critical ! Again I know every game is critical....But we need to take advantage of this home stand and put ourselves in the drivers seat for down the stretch. If we could end up this at 7-2 we'd be in a mighty fine position to challenge for the Division.

We can beat the Dolphins, the Steelers are a mess. I don't think even the Chiefs are a juggernaut their D is vulnerable. The Bucs we have a good shot at. Brees is one you can't count out of any game but still.

If we can get four wins out of this stretch, oh boy. Three is a must !

I'm honestly nervous about all of these games, minus Bucs. 

Miami is not a bad team by any means, especially on defense. Really hoping Ross can join the crowd this week, because Xavien Howard is not going to be an easy match for AJ (goes both ways though). They also have a front that can bring the heat, so of course Boyd will need to continue to do his thing. Overall, offense will be more difficult to execute this week than it was last week against Atlanta. I do thing we beat them though. Big x-factor is Burfict having an impact on run defense, because Miami loves play action when their RBs are playing well.  W

Steelers because they are the Steelers.. feel like they'll have a chip on their shoulder. We will 100% put up points against them though, that defense is BAD. I think we win this one. W

… I have the least hope against the Chiefs honestly. If Austin has us play man, I have more hope. But that means WJ3 and freakin' Dre would have to keep up with Tyreek Hill and Sammy Watkins.. and then one of our LBs would have to play great against Kelce. They just have too much on offense. Don't see much of a chance here. L

Bucs. W lol. If we lose this one I'm REALLY worried

Saints will be rough. Man do they have some offensive firepower, and that backfield will be nuts. Alvin Kamara against our LBs? No thanks. Michael Thomas is crazy good, so underrated. Jesse Bates will need to have a great day to shut this one down to me, because they have a really stout O-line. Defensive line isn't giving me much hope. L

That's just how I see it. Man do we have a tough schedule this year, the entire AFCN does. If both Ravens & Steelers lost and we won this weekend, it would be HUGE to me. 
Reply/Quote
I can only look at games in quarters or halves, that Saints game throws me off. Having two weeks to prepare for a game normally isn’t a Marvin strong point though.
Reply/Quote