Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking Ahead - Schedule
(10-04-2018, 01:35 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I think (I'm hoping) the Dline is going to start being a force. If the D can pick it up a little bit we should be able to make some noise.

If the Defense plays how we hope they would before the season started and the Offense continues to play like they have only getting better as the season continues, this Bengals team will be the number 1 seed and be playing in the AFC Championship game and with luck, be playing in the Super Bowl.

I just hope the team doesn't peak to soon.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2018, 12:10 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I know, I know, we just need to concentrate on the Dolphins. No we don't we're not the players we're fans we get to look ahead.

Four of our next five games are at home with a bye week thrown in there before the Saints.

Dolphins - H
Steelers - H
@ Chiefs
Bucs - H
BYE
Saints - H

This stretch is critical ! Again I know every game is critical....But we need to take advantage of this home stand and put ourselves in the drivers seat for down the stretch. If we could end up this at 7-2 we'd be in a mighty fine position to challenge for the Division.

We can beat the Dolphins, the Steelers are a mess. I don't think even the Chiefs are a juggernaut their D is vulnerable. The Bucs we have a good shot at. Brees is one you can't count out of any game but still.

If we can get four wins out of this stretch, oh boy. Three is a must !

Dolphins always play us tough and they are 3-1. Could definately see us pulling this one out though as long as we
stop the run somewhat and protect Dalton. The Steelers D is bad man, we should put up a lot of points just like this
last Falcons game. Should be able to hold off the Steelers O just enough to get the win.

Than if we win these next two the Chiefs game should get flexed so we can see it. The Chiefs D is very vulnerable
no doubt. Man, got some high scoring Offenses going against us this season. Just happy our Offense has been doing
so well helping us win games and should only get better once Price gets back.

The Bucs should start to come back down to earth especially with a QB controversy a brewin'.

The Saints D is suspect but i don't like facing them after the bye with Marv's poor job of getting his teams ready after
bye weeks. When we have more time to prepare we lose for some weird reason.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2018, 06:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Dolphins always play us tough and they are 3-1. Could definately see us pulling this one out though as long as we
stop the run somewhat and protect Dalton. The Steelers D is bad man, we should put up a lot of points just like this
last Falcons game. Should be able to hold off the Steelers O just enough to get the win.

Than if we win these next two the Chiefs game should get flexed so we can see it. The Chiefs D is very vulnerable
no doubt. Man, got some high scoring Offenses going against us this season. Just happy our Offense has been doing
so well helping us win games and should only get better once Price gets back.

The Bucs should start to come back down to earth especially with a QB controversy a brewin'.

The Saints D is suspect but i don't like facing them after the bye with Marv's poor job of getting his teams ready after
bye weeks. When we have more time to prepare we lose for some weird reason.

Give me that Kamara vs Mixon showdown! That's primetime showing right there! 
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2018, 06:26 PM)thillan Wrote: Give me that Kamara vs Mixon showdown! That's primetime showing right there! 

Yeah, that game could get flexed too if both teams keep winning.

Two of the most talented young RB's in the NFL. Should be entertaining. Just hope our LB's get better.

That is a tough matchup with Kamara's ability in the passing game.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2018, 01:36 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Speaking of Hubbard, defensively he had a so-so game Sunday, but I didn't notice what he did on offense. He blew the hole open for Gio's 2nd TD! He took out 2 defenders allowing Gio to duck into the endzone.

I watched the game a few times since we played it as well and Hubbard loves contact and helping this team in anyway. Gio track right behind him and followed him into the end zone was a thing of beauty.
Reply/Quote
I was thinking about taking my son up to Cincinnati for the Saints game. We both have off the next day. I would rather attend a game they SHOULD win and playing against the Saints is certainly not a should win game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2018, 10:59 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: I was thinking about taking my son up to Cincinnati for the Saints game. We both have off the next day. I would rather attend a game they SHOULD win and playing against the Saints is certainly not a should win game.

I would love the chance to see Drew Brees play! That would be reason enough for me to go! Plus we could win it, I believe!
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2018, 03:00 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I can only look at games in quarters or halves, that Saints game throws me off. Having two weeks to prepare for a game normally isn’t a Marvin strong point though.

I think it's a Lazor strong point though ThumbsUp
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote