Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking Ahead To 2018 Drafts
I won't be in Bengals.com Fantasy because posts say it's full up with a waiting list. That's OK, because many other Fantasy Leagues. I did CBS Sports Leagues last year or two. I notice people really load up on running back. Most of their teams all year are running backs. Because people hoard running backs, I do like to get a good one early, often round one. I may get away from doubling down early on running back just because people grab them so fast. Might be better to grab a RB, WR and a QB in first 3 picks. Have to have a top WR and a top QB. Then starting looking at a TE, RB, WR in next 3 picks. Kicker last. I can get a good defense late in draft also. If no good TE's after 3, I might wait until late rounds there also. Other than kicker, I like depth for by-weeks and injuries, but depth at all positions, not just running back. Maybe 2-QBs, 3-RBs, 5-WR's, 2-TE's, kicker, defense. I have players I like that maybe draft will say are bad picks. I took Bears running back Howard early last year and never regretted it, even though CBS said it was a bad pick.

If Bengals look like the can block in preseason, that certainly upgrades many Bengals to me. However I've been burned taking Eifert. Jacksonville might have some interesting picks. AJ Green goes so early, so I probably can't get him. Dalton could fall to where I can grab him as a later pick-back-up, and with blocking he could end up my starter. I like the young Jacksonville QB also. I had Brees and Rivers or Big Ben as back-ups last year, but might be time for me to think younger.

Looking forward to it. I'll probably draft 3 or 4 teams at least. I'm good at adding WR's during season, but adding a good RB can be next to impossible with so many teams overloaded on RB hoarding them. Still in Fantasy Baseball, but come August I have to build my wish lists and do some practice mock drafts. Really leaning towards a RB and a WR first 2 picks in hopes I can get big point scorers, hoping I can still get a high scoring QB. Looking forward to it.

I enjoy the other games more in Fantasy Football. Last year I followed Saints a lot because I had Brees and a few other Saints. I really think if Bengals can block, Bengals Defense, Dalton, Green, Mixon, Bernard, Boyd, maybe Eifert could be great. If Bengals show signs in preseason they can block, I'll be looking at more Bengals in 2018. It's fun because I end up following games I would never watch. For long time I watched Bengals and only Bengals. This makes the other games interesting to me. Looking forward to it again. I have to give up my hate for Steelers in these drafts because they have a few players that if they are there, you have to take them. They go off the boards fast though, often before this Bengal fan makes his pick.

Some players I'm looking at early. RB- Gurley, Elliott, Bell, Howard, Ingram, Hunt, McCoy, Gordon, Fournette, Kamara, Freeman. WR- Hopkins, Brown, Marvin Jones, K. Allen, Hill, AJ Green, Landry, D Adams, TE-Gronkowski, Kelce, Graham. QB- Brady, Wentz, Wilson, Smith, Stafford, Goff, Rivers, Bress, Big Ben, Rodgers. Of course the key is who I'm looking from mid rounds to late and have mock drafts practiced. If I can grab Vikings, Jaguars, Broncos, Eagles or Steelers Defense late, great. At end I'm hoping for kicker Gostlowski, Boswell, Gould, Bryant or Tucker. I wish I could grab all these early picks. I'll be lucky if I get 1 or 2. They go fast in the draft. I would have no problem grabbing 2 of these QB's by 4th or 5th round if draft falls that way. Being loaded at QB is not bad, and teams offer you good trades.

Good Luck to ya'll in your drafts, and by all means, in spite of Fantasy Teams, GO BENGALS.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote