Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Looking ahead at rest of Bengals 2023 season.
Bengals will have problems keeping pace with QBs such as Trevor Lawrence and Mahomes.   Maybe possible to keep pace with Steelers Pickett in rematch and Browns without their QB Watson or Chubb.  Maybe Bengals can avoid 0-6 in AFC North.  Teams with good QB's will put up too many points to keep up with.  

Remembering Paul Brown would take out John Stoffa and put in Dewey Warren or Sam Wyche, and after Cook injury would take out Sam Wyche and put in Virgil Carter.  If Browning plays bad, is AJ McCarron worth putting in.  If AJ McCarron any good, how come he didn't make it with any NFL team ?  Still, if Browning plays real bad, PB would bring in somebody else, worth a shot Paul Brown felt.

So don't like chances against the good QB's, but maybe Steelers QB or Browns back up QB to avoid 0-6 in AFC North. Things look bad now and they are, and I'm not counting on much rest of way. A win over Steelers or Browns would be nice, and they don't exactly have a top QB either.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I think at this point you're really just hoping the Bengals play hard in each game. Keep battling and use this time to get in some experience for next year. It's a tough schedule and Browning wont be good enough to win most of these games.

Personally will take a 1-5 stretch, where we win in Pittsburgh and keep the 5 losses to one-score possessions. I'd honestly take that.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 08:01 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: I think at this point you're really just hoping the Bengals play hard in each game. Keep battling and use this time to get in some experience for next year. It's a tough schedule and Browning wont be good enough to win most of these games.

Personally will take a 1-5 stretch, where we win in Pittsburgh and keep the 5 losses to one-score possessions. I'd honestly take that.

Yes a win over Pickett and Steelers. Bengals came close,   I also think Cleveland is not that good now with Watson out and Chubb out.  Baltimore is the only team worthy of play-offs in AFC North.   If any others sneak in they are one and done material against more healthy play-off teams.  A healthy Baltimore could just go to Super Bowl.

I hate to say Bengals don't have much of a chance on Monday Night Football, but Trevor Lawrence is going to put up more points than any of these back up slugs playing in Burrows place. 

Would love a win over both Steelers and Browns and their QB's are not that good.  They won't be scoring many points now either.  

I think the Browns are the easier team to beat now than the Steelers who are getting healthy. 

Jacksonville may just clobber Bengals on Monday Night if Bengals back up QB doesn't do better. 

As a Bengals Fan, I would LOVE a win over Steelers and a win over Browns, even if some good QB's beat the heck out of Bengals in other games.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2023, 07:09 PM)kevin Wrote: As a Bengals Fan, I would LOVE a win over Steelers and a win over Browns, even if some good QB's beat the heck out of Bengals in other games.

I would love for Cleveland's playoff hopes to come down to week 18 and we rob them of a playoff berth.  I have little faith that will happen though, nor them winning any of the other games, for that matter.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2023, 08:41 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I would love for Cleveland's playoff hopes to come down to week 18 and we rob them of a playoff berth.  I have little faith that will happen though, nor them winning any of the other games, for that matter.  

Denver thumped Browns pretty good.  I look for Rams to clobber Browns this weekend.  Due to injuries, they are on the same elevator going Down with Bengals. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2023, 08:45 PM)kevin Wrote: Denver thumped Browns pretty good.  I look for Rams to clobber Browns this weekend.  Due to injuries, they are on the same elevator going Down with Bengals. 

Here's hoping.  The one saving grace of any season when we don't make the playoffs is them not making the playoffs. 
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2023, 08:41 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I would love for Cleveland's playoff hopes to come down to week 18 and we rob them of a playoff berth.  I have little faith that will happen though, nor them winning any of the other games, for that matter.  

I do hope we win but this is not my motivation. If it comes down to BAL-PIT-CLV; I'll be pulling for CLV
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2023, 09:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I do hope we win but this is not my motivation. If it comes down to BAL-PIT-CLV; I'll be pulling for CLV

I just want wins, regardless of whom they beat.  Robbing Cleveland of a playoff spot would be icing on the cake, though.  As to our division foes, if sometime other than us will win the division, I'd much prefer it to be Baltimore.  To each his own.  
Reply/Quote

I assume Browns fans are in the same boat we are in where they'd rather just protect the major pieces and get a better draft pick by avoiding the playoffs.  I doubt they have any desire to get the 7th seed and tank their draft position just to have a 3rd string QB get blown out on the road in Miami, KC, Baltimore or Jacksonville.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2023, 08:45 PM)kevin Wrote: Denver thumped Browns pretty good.  I look for Rams to clobber Browns this weekend.  Due to injuries, they are on the same elevator going Down with Bengals. 

Browns already have 7 wins, so they could still Limp their way into the Playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2023, 08:41 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I would love for Cleveland's playoff hopes to come down to week 18 and we rob them of a playoff berth. 

First game I ever attended at PBS was week 16 in 2007.  5-9 Bengals against 9-5 Browns.  Browns all set to make the playoffs until Ndukwe made a couple of picks and we held on to beat them 19-14.  Browns won their final game to finished 10-6 but still missed the playoffs because we beat them.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2023, 01:01 PM)Bing Ghuls Wrote: First game I ever attended at PBS was week 16 in 2007.  5-9 Bengals against 9-5 Browns.  Browns all set to make the playoffs until Ndukwe made a couple of picks and we held on to beat them 19-14.  Browns won their final game to finished 10-6 but still missed the playoffs because we beat them.

That was also the season we lost to them up there 45-51.  I had to look it up, I just remembered it being some ridiculous score.  

In the lean years I used to judge a season by how we did against them.  In the '90s/early 2000s I used to say I'd be okay with us finishing 2-14 so long as those two wins came against them.  
Reply/Quote
the team will lose out to get a TE ont he 1st round for Burrow, since that'S the bengals mentality.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2023, 05:52 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: the team will lose out to get a TE ont he 1st round for Burrow, since that'S the bengals mentality.

Bowers is worthy of a 1st Rd pick but I doubt that they want to lose to draft him.  Im not convinced they would take him.

Reply/Quote
The way the defense is playing...they'll struggle.

Trevor Lawrence isn't that good. He has 12 TDs and 7 into on the year.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2023, 06:12 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Bowers is worthy of a 1st Rd pick but I doubt that they want to lose to draft him.  Im not convinced they would take him.

I won't say not to take him, but most of the great tes...weren't top 10 picks.
Reply/Quote