Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking ahead (because I can)
I'm a fan, not a player, so looking ahead and dreaming a bit hurts nothing. I was thinking this morning about how after last night's game the AFC seems to be the Bengals conference to lose. With the Patriots and all of their injuries, if we stay healthy, we should have the upper hand. The Broncos look good but starting a backup quarterback in January never bodes well. So am I wrong for saying it's ours for the taking?

So this brings me to my look ahead dreamer question. Which NFC team would be the most worrisome to play in the Super Bowl? I have it like this :

1. Carolina
2.Minnesota

That's it, nobody else worries me, not even green Bay. Carolina I think is the obvious choice here. But Minnesota makes me nervous for two main reasons, Adrian Peterson being Adrian Peterson and Mike Zimmer knowing us inside and out.

Anyways, I thought it would be fun to think ahead to that February night in San Francisco when our Cincinnati Bengals will be hoisting the Lombardi trophy high into the California air.

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 10:44 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: I'm a fan, not a player,  so looking ahead and dreaming a bit hurts  nothing.  I was thinking this morning about how after last night's game the AFC seems to be the Bengals conference to lose. With the Patriots and all of their injuries, if we stay healthy, we should have the upper hand. The Broncos look good but starting a backup quarterback in January never bodes well. So am I wrong for saying it's ours for the taking?

So this brings me to my look ahead dreamer question. Which NFC team would be the most worrisome to play in the Super Bowl? I have it like this :

1. Carolina
2.Minnesota

That's it, nobody else worries me, not even green Bay. Carolina I think is the obvious choice here. But Minnesota makes me nervous for two main reasons, Adrian Peterson being Adrian Peterson and Mike Zimmer knowing us  inside and out.  

Anyways, I thought it would be fun to think ahead to that February night in San Francisco when our Cincinnati Bengals will be hoisting the Lombardi trophy high into the California air.
I would HATE to play Minnesota since Zimmer knows our defense inside and out.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
No. Nooooooooooooooooooooo! You can't look ahead. As fans we have to remain focused. All that matters is Cleveland, our next opponent. One game at a time. You've doomed us all! Etc.

I agree about Minnesota, but more so because they're a damn good team than any Zimmer insight into our workings. And, ok, if I'm being honest, the Bill Walsh factor. I can only hope we wouldn't get that close to a championship only to be stymied yet again by a prodigy we let get away.

More than them, yes, I wouldn't want to face Carolina. Cam looks supernatural at this point.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 10:44 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: I'm a fan, not a player,  so looking ahead and dreaming a bit hurts  nothing.  I was thinking this morning about how after last night's game the AFC seems to be the Bengals conference to lose. With the Patriots and all of their injuries, if we stay healthy, we should have the upper hand. The Broncos look good but starting a backup quarterback in January never bodes well. So am I wrong for saying it's ours for the taking?

1. Carolina
2.Minnesota

That's it, nobody else worries me, not even green Bay. Carolina I think is the obvious choice here. But Minnesota makes me nervous for two main reasons, Adrian Peterson being Adrian Peterson and Mike Zimmer knowing us  inside and out.  

You're way in over your head. Are you seriously talking about the super bowl?
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 10:59 AM)Fresno B Wrote: You're way in over your head. Are you seriously talking about the super bowl?

It's fun to think about. Let loose a little bit there, scrooge. 

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 11:01 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: It's fun to think about. Let loose a little bit there, scrooge. 

Whatever floats your boat, I guess Tongue
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 10:59 AM)Fresno B Wrote: You're way in over your head. Are you seriously talking about the super bowl?

Meh, beats talking about the draft. Too many Novembers have happened when we were already doing that at this point.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I would say the one team from the NFL I don't want to see is Seattle. I know, it sounds stupid and they are barely hanging on for the wild card, but when they are hot and they have Beast Mode going, I think they present a lot of problems.

I think their secondary is depleted, but if you remember the Super Bowl last year the NFL seems to bury the flags for defensive holding and the Seahawks make a living of it.

Carolina has a really good defensive line, but I feel with the Bengals starting offensive line that they could keep Dalton clean. I doubt Gio would break off 60 yard checkdowns with Luke Keuchly roaming the middle, but I would rather face Carolina or Minnesota (Teddy? Yes, please) than Seattle.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 10:50 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: WI would HATE to play Minnesota since Zimmer knows our defense inside and out.

Agree Bonnie, Reggie is leading the league in interceptions. Hill getting his wheels under him offense is clicking bring zim,but don't think we will see them, I'm thinking cards make Super Bowl. Bring pats or Broncos, this is bengals time to run the AFC. 
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 11:31 AM)Se ky bengal Wrote: Agree Bonnie, Reggie is leading the league in interceptions. Hill getting his wheels under him offense is clicking bring zim,but don't think we will see them, I'm thinking cards make Super Bowl. Bring pats or Broncos, this is bengals time to run the AFC. 

I want the Cardinals...bad, but I don't think they will beat Carolina...or even Minnesota.    
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 11:39 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I want the Cardinals...bad, but I don't think they will beat Carolina...or even Minnesota.    

Yes, that would be my dream matchup.  As  many penalties and injuries that happened in that game,  we still came close to beating them and probably should have.  Bring CP and the cards on! 

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 10:50 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I would HATE to play Minnesota since Zimmer knows our defense inside and out.

On the flip side, we know his defense inside and out....

Scheme wise anyway.

And we know Terrance Newman is the weakling.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 01:50 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: On the flip side, we know his defense inside and out....

Scheme wise anyway.

Yep kinda works both ways there Rock On
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
I am not worried about any NFC team. Lewis and Dalton have done very well against the NFC.

There are some factors to consider when talking about which team.

AZ - we played them very close and if not for not playing situational football, we could have came out with a win. A rematch would actually favor us.

Minn - Zimmer knows our defense, and is familiar with Dalton and our offense. However, they are a young team and the inexperience will probably keep them out of the SB. However if they did make it, they will still be prone to making young team mistakes.

Car- This is the 1 team I am the LEAST concerned about. They have had the blessings of an easy schedule - AFCS - NFCE and NFCS. Not a lot of strong teams in any of those divisions. Their hardest games were @ Seattle (though the Panthers were coming off a bye and Seattle just had a huge let down against us) and then facing what is now a reeling GB team, that had to travel to Denver the week before, at home in Carolina. GB started out undefeated only to lose 3 out of the last 4, kinda puts an * on the Panthers win.

GB - Bengals are 2-0 against Aaron Rodgers, and as I have said, they are reeling. The biggest weakness for them is the OLine, they can't block for Rodgers or the running backs. Lacy is overweight and is winded easily.

Sea- They have a lot of experience, but they have shifted away from the pound the ball, play stingy defense that they have been known for. Wilson is proving his detractors right, if you make him throw the ball, then you have a chance at winning. They are still the most dangerous listed.
Reply/Quote
I'm not too worried about Minnesota honestly. Teddy hasn't taken a step forward.

Carolina, Green Bay, and Arizona are the top 3 in that conference.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 10:53 AM)Awful Llama Wrote: No.   Nooooooooooooooooooooo!  You can't look ahead.  As fans we have to remain focused.  All that matters is Cleveland, our next opponent.  One game at a time.  You've doomed us all!  Etc.

I agree about Minnesota, but more so because they're a damn good team than any Zimmer insight into our workings.  And, ok, if I'm being honest, the Bill Walsh factor.  I can only hope we wouldn't get that close to a championship only to be stymied yet again by a prodigy we let get away.

More than them, yes, I wouldn't want to face Carolina.  Cam looks supernatural at this point.

I'm with you.  Cam is looking great, their tight ends are very tough, Stewart is looking great behind a very good offensive line and their defense is really good in all aspects.

I think they are going to go to the Super Bowl, and I think they're going to win.

At least now I think that
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 01:50 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: On the flip side, we know his defense inside and out....

Scheme wise anyway.

Good point.
Reply/Quote
I know the point of this thread is to look forward, but I'll have to see how all the teams perform in the playoffs before I can have an idea how things might shake out. The playoffs are the start of a new season, and health and momentum and blah blah blah.
Reply/Quote