Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking ahead too potential coach additions
I'd like to think Callahan joins the staff after washingtons season ends.

Calling this shot early. Dan Quinn is the defensive coordinator after being let go by the Falcons.

I think Zac could benefit from having some more seasoned guys around.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Those would be dream hires, I doubt Quinn comes here unless he thinks Zac may not make it long and he can slide into the HC position
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 01:21 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I'd like to think Callahan joins the staff after washingtons season ends.

Calling this shot early.  Dan Quinn is the defensive coordinator after being let go by the Falcons.

Well Callahan would fit the old...hire friends and relatives plan.

Quinn? I'm sure coaches are just clamoring to coach the worst defense in football. And Quinn would entail Taylor firing his buddy Lou.

They'll likely make their firings at the position coach level.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 10:30 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Well Callahan would fit the old...hire friends and relatives plan.

Quinn? I'm sure coaches are just clamoring to coach the worst defense in football. And Quinn would entail Taylor firing his buddy Lou.

They'll likely make their firings at the position coach level.

On the flip, if Quinn were to come here and make the defense even average, you'd have to think that would help his stock.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 01:21 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I'd like to think Callahan joins the staff after washingtons season ends.

Calling this shot early.  Dan Quinn is the defensive coordinator after being let go by the Falcons.

I think they will bring in Jay Gruden as an Assistant HC/Offensive Assistant role, similar to Gary Kubiak for the Vikings.  That would take some pressure off of Zac, give them a qualified interim HC if they have to pull the trigger midseason, and Jay always had a good eye for talent in the draft.
Reply/Quote
Quinn will likely be fired because his Falcons D's sucked. No thanks.

Bring in Rex Ryan.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 12:38 PM)Whatever Wrote: I think they will bring in Jay Gruden as an Assistant HC/Offensive Assistant role, similar to Gary Kubiak for the Vikings.  That would take some pressure off of Zac, give them a qualified interim HC if they have to pull the trigger midseason, and Jay always had a good eye for talent in the draft.

That's likely best case.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 01:00 PM)jj22 Wrote: Quinn will likely be fired because his Falcons D's sucked. No thanks.

Bring in Rex Ryan.

He was a highly successful d coordinator with Seattle.  The Falcons d has been injury riddled.  I imagine he'd be highly sought after as a coordinator if it comes to that
Reply/Quote
I really don't expect any coaching changes unless it comes from the FO. And we know how much the FO makes coaching changes...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 12:38 PM)Whatever Wrote: I think they will bring in Jay Gruden as an Assistant HC/Offensive Assistant role, similar to Gary Kubiak for the Vikings.  That would take some pressure off of Zac, give them a qualified interim HC if they have to pull the trigger midseason, and Jay always had a good eye for talent in the draft.

This^

The only really negative thing I have about Jay was his playoff game plan to stray away from throwing the ball to AJ and overly targeting Gresham.

That was overthinking to the point of being bone-headed.

I'm sure he's learned from that debacle but perhaps he was scared that Dalton would turn the ball over by forcing it into AJ...  which is understandable.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Coach additions? I want to see some coach subtractions!
Reply/Quote

Would love Quinn at DC, great call.

Callahan makes too much sense.

Need a new Secondary coach too.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2019, 10:43 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Coach additions?  I want to see some coach subtractions!

Subtract Lou, Turner, Darone Jones.
Reply/Quote

I'm thinking an entire new staff is in order.

Reply/Quote
If it were up to me I would can every coach the Bengals have. Let’s look at this. Mike Brown hired Zac Taylor. Zac Taylor? Yes, Zac Taylor, the quarterbacks coach for the Los Angeles Rams. Quarterbacks coach to head coach? I don’t think so. He wasn’t even a competent offensive coordinator.

I was taken in by the hype at first, too, but I was wrong. Zac Taylor talks a good game but he has failed to deliver.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2019, 10:45 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: If it were up to me I would can every coach the Bengals have. Let’s look at this. Mike Brown hired Zac Taylor. Zac Taylor? Yes, Zac Taylor, the quarterbacks coach for the Los Angeles Rams. Quarterbacks coach to head coach? I don’t think so.  He wasn’t even a competent offensive coordinator.

I was taken in by the hype at first, too, but I was wrong. Zac Taylor talks a good game but he has failed to deliver.

And he went from targeting Jack Del Rio as DC to Lou Anarumo.

He has a very weak staff, and there will be changes needed.  The entire defensive staff and oline need to be flipped.
Reply/Quote
Hey, I'm probably in the running for a coaching position with the Bengals. I have all the qualifications. I'm old, have zero experience in coaching football and would gladly accept a big pay raise for accomplishing absolutely nothing with this team. AND I could clearly articulate to players that "You're getting paid a small fortune to be terrible! Where's the downside?"
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2019, 01:23 PM)grampahol Wrote: Hey, I'm probably in the running for a coaching position with the Bengals. I have all the qualifications. I'm old, have zero experience in coaching football and would gladly accept a big pay raise for accomplishing absolutely nothing with this team. AND I could clearly articulate to players that "You're getting paid a small fortune to be terrible! Where's the downside?"

Disqualified 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Earth to way out there in outer space, nobody wants to come to Cincinnati and work for The Brown / Blackburn Family. To those who think things will be better with this woman Katie, then just let her be the coach also since some think the Sun will rise out of her corporate asset. I have seen very few women run a male pro sports team well, if any. That said, I doubt any of the other male Browns or Blackburns would be any good either, and that's all the front office is, Browns and Blackburns, from President down to Ticket Sales. So although I question this female, i question all of the males in the Family also including Elmer Fudd running team last 30 years.

The Bengals changed coaches during 2017. Then changed most coaches after 2017. Then changed coaches during 2018. Then changed about all the coaches after 2018. For this they are 1-15 over the last 16 games.

Lets remember that when Bengals fire coaches, many coaches in football immediately announce in media that the Bengals should not waste their time calling. Nobody ever wants to come to work for Browns & Blackburns. Maybe somebody desperate for a coaching job, never a coach in high demand. Hue coming back after stinking it up in Cleveland was a good example of how Bengals take what they can get. The leftovers, the has been's, the never were's.

IF the Bengals fired every coach again, all the top coaches who told Bengals not to bother calling earlier this year, would say it again in media. That is nothing to look forward to.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Would Jay Gruden even have any interest in coming here?  For all we know, he may have been thrilled to just get away from Cincinnati, when he did.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote