Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking ahead too potential coach additions
(11-03-2019, 11:11 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Would Jay Gruden even have any interest in coming here?  For all we know, he may have been thrilled to just get away from Cincinnati, when he did.

Speculation is that he'll be going to the Raiders next year. Who knows?

There were rumors last a couple years ago that IF Jay got fired by the Redskins that MB may have made him HC here. Who knows if those were true?
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2019, 11:15 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Speculation is that he'll be going to the Raiders next year. Who knows?

There were rumors last a couple years ago that IF Jay got fired by the Redskins that MB may have made him HC here. Who knows if those were true?

Personally, I think that any time that anyone who's ever been remotely connected to the Bengals in the past becomes available, some fans just assume that they would drop everything for the chance to come back to the Bengals organization.  I also think that those same fans should likely acknowledge that most who leave the Bengals are actually happy to get away from them.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2019, 11:21 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Personally, I think that any time that anyone who's ever been remotely connected to the Bengals in the past becomes available, some fans just assume that they would drop everything for the chance to come back to the Bengals organization.  I also think that those same fans should likely acknowledge that most who leave the Bengals are actually happy to get away from them.

Yes.

re: Jay - He basically went to the other team in the NFL with an owner that functions like the Bengals...and couldn't win there. I don't see him coming here and all of the sudden winning as HC.

Just like people dream of Zimmer as the HC. I don't see Zimmer's brashness co-existing with MB. Could you imagine Zimmer sitting down with Mike, Katie, Troy, and Duke EVERY day like Zac supposedly does? I just don't see that working.

Hue seems to be the one exception...but that may have been because of Marvin and his friendship. I don't know.

Now, IF we land the 1st pick and a stud QB...there might be people wanting to come to work with that QB.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 07:40 PM)JSR18 Wrote: I really don't expect any coaching changes unless it comes from the FO. And we know how much the FO makes coaching changes...

Front office has made coaching changes each of the last three years.

This year it will be

DC....Marvin Lewis
OC....Jay Gruden or Hue Jackson
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2019, 11:11 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Would Jay Gruden even have any interest in coming here?  For all we know, he may have been thrilled to just get away from Cincinnati, when he did.

Hard to say, but the Bengals did hire him off of some UFL team and gave him the opportunity to prove himself at the NFL level.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2019, 12:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Front office has made coaching changes each of the last three years.

This year it will be

DC....Marvin Lewis
OC....Jay Gruden or Hue Jackson

You think Marvin would come back as the DC?

Is there any precedent of a long-time HC leaving and then coming back a year later in a lesser role?
Reply/Quote
I think Bresnahan is available.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2019, 11:25 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You think Marvin would come back as the DC?

Is there any precedent of a long-time HC leaving and then coming back a year later in a lesser role?

No preceident at all, but remember when we gave him an extension after the 2017 season?

This is another move that might happen only in the Bengal universe.
Reply/Quote
Is this from a 'logical' perspective, or a 'Mike Brown' probability?
Reply/Quote