Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals claim QB from waivers
Can not hurt to take a look at him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2019, 01:48 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Somewhat similar to when we brought guys like Gradkowski and Josh Johnson. They're familiar with the new coach's system.

Those were guys who actually started in the NFL.

Kaaya has been on 4 teams in 2 years.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2019, 10:53 PM)Okeana Wrote: low risk high reward backup going into camp

With you on the low risk part. 
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2019, 12:08 AM)McC Wrote: MadTV was some funny shit, so kudos to Brad's dad for that.

One of my favorite skits:

Loved MadTV.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2019, 02:40 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: One of my favorite skits:

Loved MadTV.
Hilarious
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-11-2019, 08:30 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Kaaya showed promise at Miami...but he should have came back for his senior year. IF he did that...he may have been a 2nd or 3rd Round pick.

Worth taking a flyer on at this point.

Doesn't have the strongest arm in the world, but has decent accuracy. Was a 3 year starter I believe. I doubt that he'll ever be a starter anywhere long-term.

Does he though? He only had a 62% completion percentage in his best season in college, which is considered on the lower end nowadays when it comes to NFL prospects. Plus, I remember reading a decent amount of analysis saying he needs better accuracy. And he's completely immobile so he will need elite accuracy if he is to ever see the NFL field.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-11-2019, 07:28 PM)Shady Wrote: Smart move, then. Possible backup to Dalton? Cheaper than Tannehill. 

Nah  We have Fred Savage....

Wait I mean tom Tom Savage.
Reply/Quote
He's signed to be another throwing arm in practice and that's about it....
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2019, 03:28 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Nah  We have Fred Savage....

How little must they have thought of Savage last year that no matter how badly Driskel struggled, Savage never even got a sniff?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2019, 02:55 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Does he though? He only had a 62% completion percentage in his best season in college, which is considered on the lower end nowadays when it comes to NFL prospects. Plus, I remember reading a decent amount of analysis saying he needs better accuracy. And he's completely immobile so he will need elite accuracy if he is to ever see the NFL field.

I don't think he had the best WR's around him there at the time too.

Likely his senior year would have been his best year.

Why he went Pro...I don't know.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2019, 03:39 PM)McC Wrote: How little must they have thought of Savage last year that no matter how badly Driskel struggled, Savage never even got a sniff?

well with no Dalton or green or much of anyone else was there a reason to try and push us futher down the draft board?
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2019, 04:56 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: well with no Dalton or green or much of anyone else was there a reason to try and push us futher down the draft board?

They were clearly trying to win, though, right?  

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2019, 03:28 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Nah  We have Fred Savage....

Fred's probably more mobile.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
And just like that, we have 4 QBs. Here's to the future! :andy:
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2019, 03:39 PM)McC Wrote: How little must they have thought of Savage last year that no matter how badly Driskel struggled, Savage never even got a sniff?

During the season the back up QBs get practically no reps with the first team offense.  So when the starter goes down it is very important that his replacement get as many reps as possible to catch up and develop timing with the receivers.  So maybe they just did not have the opportunity to give Savage any reps.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2019, 04:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: During the season the back up QBs get practically no reps with the first team offense.  So when the starter goes down it is very important that his replacement get as many reps as possible to catch up and develop timing with the receivers.  So maybe they just did not have the opportunity to give Savage any reps.

Good point.  Makes perfect sense.

Reply/Quote