Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for Writers!
Looking for Writers for a new Bengals Blog!

Will be posting about latest news, articles about the Bengals, etc.

If you are interested than PM me! :) (More Info given when I PM you back).

Link: http://bengalsland.com
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2015, 01:06 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Looking for Writers for a new Bengals Blog!

From seeing this post and checking out your link, you really need to learn the difference between "then" and "than" if you'd like to have a somewhat professional looking website.

I'd entertain the idea of occasionally writing for something like this, but I'd like some more information first.

You definitely need someone to proofread and edit before articles go live.
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2015, 01:11 PM)djs7685 Wrote: From seeing this post and checking out your link, you really need to learn the difference between "then" and "than" if you'd like to have a somewhat professional looking website.

I'd entertain the idea of occasionally writing for something like this, but I'd like some more information first.

Yes, an editor would be nice as well Big Grin
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2015, 01:11 PM)djs7685 Wrote: From seeing this post and checking out your link, you really need to learn the difference between "then" and "than" if you'd like to have a somewhat professional looking website.

Reply/Quote
How about finding a website designer.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2015, 01:06 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Looking for Writers for a new Bengals Blog!

I'm really not trying to be mean, but that site looks like it was put together by a two year old...On another note, I like that you are pushing more bengals news out there! Thats always a plus!
Reply/Quote

How is he with lose/loose? Damn, that one drives me up the wall.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2015, 08:02 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: How is he with lose/loose?  Damn, that one drives me up the wall.

I'm never one to slam people for grammar, but this one really annoys me. It's unbelievably common, too.

Another one that gets me is "supposably" in place of supposedly. I know a lot of people who pronounce it with a b instead of a d.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2015, 01:26 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Yes, an editor would be nice as well Big Grin

Milksheikh,  best of luck on Bengals Land.  I have a suggestion, if you are interested.

Very good my spelling and grammar are not.  I use word for anything longer than two paragraphs.  Then I copy and paste.  It catches not only bad spelling, but also using a homophone rather than the right word.  

http://stickmenwithmartinis.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/e6e1a-001.jpg
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2015, 03:59 PM)Gordon Fishsticks Wrote: How about finding a website designer.

(05-15-2015, 07:14 PM)TommyBoy Wrote: I'm really not trying to be mean, but that site looks like it was put together by a two year old...On another note, I like that you are pushing more bengals news out there! Thats always a plus!

Still under construction Big Grin.. Looking for writers first than will work on all that.
Reply/Quote
Update on Design of the blog!

[Image: bengalslandd.png]
Reply/Quote
Still looking for some Bengals writers! :)
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2015, 09:02 PM)Baby Hawk Wrote: Milksheikh,  best of luck on Bengals Land.  I have a suggestion, if you are interested.

Very good my spelling and grammar are not.  I use word for anything longer than two paragraphs.  Then I copy and paste.  It catches not only bad spelling, but also using a homophone rather than the right word.  

http://stickmenwithmartinis.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/e6e1a-001.jpg

Thanks man!
Reply/Quote
Good luck with the blog! Keep doing your thing. I hope you snag a few good writers.
Reply/Quote
If you're ever looking for someone to write a piece on Dalton; I'm your man.

In all seriousness, I would be glad to help. My interest is more with the NFL from a broader perspective rather than simple Bengals updates. Example would be what it takes to win a Super Bowl or what makes a good QB...things of that nature.
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2015, 05:03 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: If you're ever looking for someone to write a piece on Dalton; I'm your man.

In all seriousness, I would be glad to help. My interest is more with the NFL from a broader perspective rather than simple Bengals updates. Example would be what it takes to win a Super Bowl or what makes a good QB...things of that nature.

I see... I'll hit you up with a PM.
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2015, 05:03 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: If you're ever looking for someone to write a piece on Dalton; I'm your man.

I bet you would be the most unbiased person ever to write a piece on Dalton. Ninja Ninja Ninja
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2015, 10:31 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: I bet you would be the most unbiased person ever to write a piece on Dalton. Ninja Ninja Ninja

LOL Big Grin
Reply/Quote
I would not be opposed to contributing a statistical piece now and then.

I am considering doing some more QB analysis in the next few weeks when I get the time.
Reply/Quote
Good luck with your blog. I'll definitely follow it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote