Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking inside the Bengals sack numbers in 2018
Remember when people were predicting that the Bengals would break the franchise record for sacks last season?
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2019, 02:29 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I'd take Ed Oliver if he's there at 11.

I think DT is much higher on the list than DE.

In fact I think there is a good chance we'd take Oliver if he was there at 11.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2019, 04:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I think DT is much higher on the list than DE.

In fact I think there is a good chance we'd take Oliver if he was there at 11.

They should run to the podium if Oliver is still there.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2019, 04:06 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Remember when people were predicting that the Bengals would break the franchise record for sacks last season?
That's when Lawson was still healthy. The pass rush was 1000 times better when he played vs when he didn't.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2019, 12:35 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: That's when Lawson was still healthy. The pass rush was 1000 times better when he played vs when he didn't.

This.  I don't know about "1000 times" better, but Lawson had a big impact with pressure even if he was not getting a lot of sacks.

See:

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Carl-Lawson-and-Pass-Rush-Win-Rate?highlight=lawson
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2019, 12:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This.  I don't know about "1000 times" better, but Lawson had a big impact with pressure even if he was not getting a lot of sacks.

See:

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Carl-Lawson-and-Pass-Rush-Win-Rate?highlight=lawson

In the 4 games Lawson played at least 45% of the snaps the pass rush had
12 sacks and 36 hits per 16 game pace thats 48 Sacks and 144 hits
In the 12 games where Lawson played 30% or less 
22 sacks and 47 hits which for a 16 game pace would be 29 sacks and 62 Hits.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Depending on how the draft unfolds the Bengals are sitting at a position where a DE could be the best player available. Drafting a productive DE who will eventually replace Dunlap is not necessarily a bad thing. But whoever they pick it needs to be someone who is going to make a difference *this* year.

Reply/Quote
(04-12-2019, 08:08 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Depending on how the draft unfolds the Bengals are sitting at a position where a DE could be the best player available. Drafting a productive DE who will eventually replace Dunlap is not necessarily a bad thing. But whoever they pick it needs to be someone who is going to make a difference *this* year.

The first three picks should be LB, DE and OT, in no particular order - depending on who is available.

Since LB talent is thin, it's best to address first. DE and OT are both deep.

Devins
Little - I feel he is the second best pass protector talent after Dillard.
Hollins - Not far below Sweat.

Oliver is intriguing, if Geno can fetch a first or high second rounder in return.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2019, 09:34 PM)XsandOs Wrote: The first three picks should be LB, DE and OT, in no particular order - depending on who is available.

Since LB talent is thin, it's best to address first. DE and OT are both deep.

Devins
Little - I feel he is the second best pass protector talent after Dillard.
Hollins - Not far below Sweat.

Oliver is intriguing, if Geno can fetch a first or high second rounder in return.

I'm not really for the team drafting a replacement for a core player and trading that core player for future picks as it won't help the team improve this year. If Taylor can't get the team back to the playoffs quickly and win his tenure will be short lived - three years max.

Reply/Quote
(04-13-2019, 12:57 AM)BengalChris Wrote: I'm not really for the team drafting a replacement for a core player and trading that core player for future picks as it won't help the team improve this year. If Taylor can't get the team back to the playoffs quickly and win his tenure will be short lived - three years max.

And I agree with you. I think the core of Dalton, Green, Boyd, Mixon, Glenn, Geno, Dunlap, Jackson, Dre, Bates should be kept.

I do think that if you want Oliver, then trading Geno becomes somewhat necessary.

My overall thought is LB, DE and OT/RG.
Reply/Quote