Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Looks Like 3 of 5 Starting O Linemen Out for At Bills Play-Off Game
Cappa and Williams have been officially declared out

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Need to use Samaje Perine in this game in pass protection and catching the ball out of the backfield big time. Go Shotgun
and run it out of it from time to time, change it up and have Burrow under the Center and go Play Action a couple times. If
the Bills blitz with Edmunds and Milano they are in trouble. They will have to get pressure on Burrow while he is getting the
ball out fast and do it with just 3 or 4 guys.

While we have a Carman - Volson - Karras - Scharping - Adeniji O-line, we still have Karras to hold this all together who has
played in Buffalo tons of times. You bet the OL has been reading and watching vids like the Weddle won to push them.
Reply/Quote
Ugh, Flowers is doubtful too.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 02:06 PM)Billsfan412 Wrote: Highmark is louder than arrowhead. Hands down

Arrowhead is literally #1 on every loudest stadium article out there. Buffalo isn’t even in the top 10. Half the degenerates are so drunk by game time the only noise they can make comes from the bathroom.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 03:44 PM)Fullrock Wrote: Arrowhead is literally #1 on every loudest stadium article out there. Buffalo isn’t even in the top 10. Half the degenerates are so drunk by game time the only noise they can make comes from the bathroom.

Isn't Arrowhead the Guiness Book of World Records Decibel Record holder? Thought I heard this somewhere?
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 02:34 PM)Synric Wrote: The trick will be if Frazier can attack the Bengals offensive line communication without bringing Edmunds and Milano. The Bills defensive line personnel isn't quite as diverse as the Ravens especially without Von Miller.

Another key for the Bills defense will be tackling in space. The Bengals were already running a ton of 1 and 3 step drops getting the ball to the players.

Milano and Edmunds will both be coming- there’s
No doubt. Milano is our best pass rusher at the moment, even if he only rushes 2-5 times a game. When he comes, he usually makes it count. The question is, will they drop a DL into coverage in their spots or will they bring 5+? I see them bringing 5+ 5-7 times max. Probably 2-4.

Regarding the comparison to the DL- I think our DTs are more diverse and much more talented than the Ravens DTs. Jones and Oliver are very good. Settle and Phillips are good. All 4 can stop the run and get after the QB.

Where we suffer atm is the edge. I agree the ravens are currently more diverse on the end.

Rousseau has shown to be very good in all aspects, but not great in any one just yet. Shaq is better vs the run but has shown capable as a pass rusher. Epenesa and Basham are the wildcards. Both 2nd rd picks that have underwhelmed but have flashed. When they flash, both can make a difference. They could he the difference in the game.

If we rush 4 most of the game and Leslie plays his normal “don’t get beat deep D” it could be a long day watching the bengals stud playmakers RAC. It’s been beaten to death, but other than QB play, the OL vs DL matchups will determine the winner imo.

Could go either way.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 03:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Isn't Arrowhead the Guiness Book of World Records Decibel Record holder? Thought I heard this somewhere?

Yes, and Buffalo is not even up there. Of course, at Arrowhead players don't have to dodge flying dildos.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 03:47 PM)Mafioso Wrote: Milano and Edmunds will both be coming- there’s
No doubt. Milano is our best pass rusher at the moment, even if he only rushes 2-5 times a game. When he comes, he usually makes it count. The question is, will they drop a DL into coverage in their spots or will they bring 5+? I see them bringing 5+ 5-7 times max. Probably 2-4.

Regarding the comparison to the DL- I think our DTs are more diverse and much more talented than the Ravens DTs. Jones and Oliver are very good. Settle and Phillips are good. All 4 can stop the run and get after the QB.

Where we suffer atm is the edge. I agree the ravens are currently more diverse on the end.

Rousseau has shown to be very good in all aspects, but not great in any one just yet. Shaq is better vs the run but has shown capable as a pass rusher. Epenesa and Basham are the wildcards. Both 2nd rd picks that have underwhelmed but have flashed. When they flash, both can make a difference. They could he the difference in the game.

If we rush 4 most of the game and Leslie plays his normal “don’t get beat deep D” it could be a long day watching the bengals stud playmakers RAC. It’s been beaten to death, but other than QB play, the OL vs DL matchups will determine the winner imo.

Could go either way.

No way the Bills consistently rush more than 5. There’s just literally no reason to blitz Burrow with that many guys when just rushing 4 is more than likely gonna get pressure. If i were the Bills I’d park 2 safeties deep, and force Joe to eat you up with accuracy and dare Cincy to run the ball.

Offenses are so good these days at some point you’ve got to pick a number of points that you are ok with giving up.. I say with 3/5 lineman gone and Burrow kinda hot you’ve gotta say around 24 points is the most you should give up as the Bills. Play the 2 safety defense until it’s obvious Burrow has figured it out then if he is just bending that defense over and destroying it, switch to more of a cover 2 man look. I would copy the Ravens by basically never having a play without 2 safeties deep but i would be way more creative in the coverages i play under those 2 deep safeties.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 03:47 PM)Mafioso Wrote: Milano and Edmunds will both be coming- there’s

Could go either way.

No way the Bills consistently rush more than 5. There’s just literally no reason to blitz Burrow with that many guys when just rushing 4 is more than likely gonna get pressure. If i were the Bills I’d park 2 safeties deep, and force Joe to eat you up with accuracy and dare Cincy to run the ball.

Offenses are so good these days at some point you’ve got to pick a number of points that you are ok with giving up.. I say with 3/5 lineman gone and Burrow kinda hot you’ve gotta say around 24 points is the most you should give up as the Bills. Play the 2 safety defense until it’s obvious Burrow has figured it out then if he is just bending that defense over and destroying it, switch to more of a cover 2 man look. I would copy the Ravens by basically never having a play without 2 safeties deep but i would be way more creative in the coverages i play under those 2 deep safeties.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
No doubt.  Milano is our best pass rusher at the moment, even if he only rushes 2-5 times a game.  When he comes, he usually makes it count. The question is, will they drop a DL into coverage in their spots or will they bring 5+?  I see them bringing 5+ 5-7 times max.  Probably 2-4.

Regarding the comparison to the DL-  I think our DTs are more diverse and much more talented than the Ravens DTs.  Jones and Oliver are very good.  Settle and Phillips are good. All 4 can stop the run and get after the QB.  

Where we suffer atm is the edge.  I agree the ravens are currently more diverse on the end.  

Rousseau has shown to be very good in all aspects, but not great in any one just yet.  Shaq is better vs the run but has shown capable as a pass rusher.  Epenesa and Basham are the wildcards.  Both 2nd rd picks that have underwhelmed but have flashed.  When they flash, both can make a difference.  They could he the difference in the game.  

If we rush 4 most of the game and Leslie plays his normal “don’t get beat deep D” it could be a long day watching the bengals stud playmakers RAC.  It’s been beaten to death, but other than QB play, the OL vs DL matchups will determine the winner imo.  

Could go either way.

Bad news for you then. Burrow demolishes the blitz more than any QB in the NFL right now. Hope you are right.

Will be a long day for your Defense if you are blitzing a lot. You have to get pressure with your front consistently to disrupt Joe.

The same way we play Mahomes is the same way you play Burrow but a bit different, Mahomes needs to be contained in the pocket
because he is the best throwing on the run out of the pocket. Burrow needs to be flushed out and made uncomfortable with pressure up
the middle and hit once he is flushed out with a 4 or more ideal a 3 man front and the 7 or 8 in the back playing coverage. This is the
only way to slow down Joe, or just hope he is off and his WR's and TE are droppin' balls all day.

(01-20-2023, 03:52 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yes, and Buffalo is not even up there. Of course, at Arrowhead players don't have to dodge flying dildos.

Thought so, and yeah, that was nasty lol
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 01:43 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Where was Bills mafia when Tom Brady and the Patriots were wiping the floor of Rich Stadium with the Bills practically every time they played?

Same place us Bengals fans were hiding..Under our beds.. Tongue Someone had to keep the dust bunnies company back in those dark days..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 10:14 PM)grampahol Wrote: Same place us Bengals fans were hiding..Under our beds.. Tongue Someone had to keep the dust bunnies company back in those dark days..

I have to give a shout out to you, Grampahol. 

I was going over the game day thread a few days ago (I wasn't on during the game), and I noticed that shortly before the Hubbard Yard Dash/Fumble in the Jungle, when things were looking bleak, you said something along the lines of "I wouldn't be upset with a scoop and score about now."  It was just a page or two on the game day thread before it happened, as the Ravens were driving.

Wow. Such timing and for a play will live in Bengals history forever. Etched yourself in online history with that call as well.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 11:06 PM)Nepa Wrote: I have to give a shout out to you, Grampahol. 

I was going over the game day thread a few days ago (I wasn't on during the game), and I noticed that shortly before the Hubbard Yard Dash/Fumble in the Jungle, when things were looking bleak, you said something along the lines of "I wouldn't be upset with a scoop and score about now."  It was just a page or two on the game day thread before it happened, as the Ravens were driving.

Wow. Such timing and for a play will live in Bengals history forever. Etched yourself in online history with that call as well.

That is cool from Gramps. Great call you good ole gummer.  Smirk
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 03:52 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yes, and Buffalo is not even up there. Of course, at Arrowhead players don't have to dodge flying dildos.

I thought that was Seattle? Then again I don't watch ESPN anymore to hear fluff stories like that anymore.

Also speaking of Arrowhead I was a student at Clemson and it can get pretty darn loud in there. Louder than Georgia or South Carolina. I've attended huge crowd games for all 3 of them. I think Georgia's horseshoe shaped stadium kind of kills the ability for even more noise.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 12:21 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: So...this was necessary?

Asking for a friend.

Apparently some linemen are hurt. Where else are you going to hear about it?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 01:06 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: We won last week is 2 out all game and Williams out 2nd half against a better defense, no excuses..

True, but the Ravens offense isn't exactly the Bills offense. Going to have to drop back and pass and put up points to win this weekend. I'm kinda guessing both teams going over 30.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote

If you watch Bert Kreischer this phrase takes on a vastly different meaning then the dildo that was thrown on the field in Buffalo.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Glad Williams is out. He sucked all year and sucked again in the playoffs. He gave up a pressure and 2 sacks in one half of football? Wish we could get Cappa back though.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 04:02 PM)Housh Wrote: No way the Bills consistently rush more than 5. There’s just literally no reason to blitz Burrow with that many guys when just rushing 4 is more than likely gonna get pressure. If i were the Bills I’d park 2 safeties deep, and force Joe to eat you up with accuracy and dare Cincy to run the ball.

I’ve said that I think we might rush more than 4 2-4 times. 5-7 times max
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 10:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Bad news for you then. Burrow demolishes the blitz more than any QB in the NFL right now. Hope you are right.

Will be a long day for your Defense if you are blitzing a lot. You have to get pressure with your front consistently to disrupt Joe.

The same way we play Mahomes is the same way you play Burrow but a bit different, Mahomes needs to be contained in the pocket
because he is the best throwing on the run out of the pocket. Burrow needs to be flushed out and made uncomfortable with pressure up
the middle and hit once he is flushed out with a 4 or more ideal a 3 man front and the 7 or 8 in the back playing coverage. This is the
only way to slow down Joe, or just hope he is off and his WR's and TE are droppin' balls all day.

Thought so, and yeah, that was nasty lol

I haven’t reread my post. So sorry if I miscommunicated my thoughts

I meant to say edmunds and Milano will be rushing Burrow, but when they do, they’ll be dropping back a DE or DT in their place most of the time. We rarely rush more than 4. I expect us to rush more than four 2-4 times.

The 3 man rush has actually been tough on Burrow this year. I don’t have the stats on hand, but I remember reading that he was bottom 3 QBs vs a 3 man rush. I hope to see more 3 man rushes than 5+
Reply/Quote