Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looks Like It Wasn't Just Austin
(11-27-2018, 07:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The exact same players on defense (minus Iloka and Minter) were much better last year.

Anyone who claims we could not trade Dennard, Jackson, and Kirkpatrick for a bag a chips is clueless.  Kirkpatrick and Jackson have shown they can play on a high level, and Dennard is not bad either.

The most ridiculous claim is that we messed up by paying our best D-linemen.

Some good coaching could turn this unit around.

I think you're right.  And, going against my own feelings on this, I think Marvin will slowly turn a defense riddled with injuries around.  

It will take a little time to transition them out of Austin's scheme.  He's trying different things and (I think) will end up making improvements.

I still hate that we give too much room in the middle, and I was not real happy about dropping Geno into coverage.  But his three up front and db heavy formations had some mixed success.  I'll be interested to see if they improve over the rest of the season.

It really hurts that we have so many linebackers injured and Burfict - for probably multiple reasons - is not playing up to his abilities.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote