Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looks Like Trump’s Campaign Has Already Violated Election Law
(07-07-2016, 07:33 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: In all seriousness, you have a problem..

I do have a problem.  I have a problem with anyone stupid enough to even consider voting for her.  Go ahead and help her continue the overlord Obama's quest to destroy the American middle class.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

(07-07-2016, 07:40 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Ain't no maybe about it. The only thing I don't like about it is that if there is no candidate that receives the majority then I believe the decision falls upon the Senate (could be the House, pre-coffee civics talks are difficult). That means that a legislative body that the public overwhelmingly disapproves of is going to decide the next POTUS.

We are going to be stuck for four years with a POTUS that most people will not be happy with either because they "held [their] nose" and voted for the lesser of two evils in their mind or because Congress made the choice for us. Johnson and Stein have no chance of winning outright and they won't be put in office by Congress, but if another party can at least get some traction then that will be good. Whether Cilnton or Trump takes office, we have to take solace in the fact that while Congress may be filled with idiots, they aren't on the same level as those two and will at least work to make sure the damage is not overwhelming.

House picks the President and the Senate picks the Vice President.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Geeze doesn't anyone watch Veep? they went through this whole scenario.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(07-07-2016, 08:02 AM)McC Wrote: I do have a problem.  I have a problem with anyone stupid enough to even consider voting for her.  Go ahead and help her continue the overlord Obama's quest to destroy the American middle class.

The problem is also that you think Trump will be any better. At all. You're fooling yourself by sticking to the two party mindset.

(07-07-2016, 09:24 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: House picks the President and the Senate picks the Vice President.

I knew you'd help me out, there! LOL

(07-07-2016, 09:29 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Geeze doesn't anyone watch Veep? they went through this whole scenario.

I seriously had never heard of this show until you just mentioned it.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(07-07-2016, 09:45 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: The problem is also that you think Trump will be any better. At all. You're fooling yourself by sticking to the two party mindset.

It's funny.  HBO.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(07-07-2016, 10:17 AM)michaelsean Wrote: It's funny.  HBO.

I don't get HBO. I'm too cheap to get anything additional for television watching beyond what comes with my rent.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(07-07-2016, 08:02 AM)McC Wrote: I do have a problem.  I have a problem with anyone stupid enough to even consider voting for her.  Go ahead and help her continue the overlord Obama's quest to destroy the American middle class.

Maybe overstating a little bit here. I'm as big of a Hillary fan as the next conservative, but if she is elected; we'll be fine. These things have a way of balancing out. POTUS is pretty much just a figure head, that is how the rest of the world views the US. Checks and balances take care of the internal.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(07-07-2016, 01:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Maybe overstating a little bit here. I'm as big of a Hillary fan as the next conservative, but if she is elected; we'll be fine. These things have a way of balancing out. POTUS is pretty much just a figure head, that is how the rest of the world views the US. Checks and balances take care of the internal.

But God are you ready for another 4 or 8 years of Dems whining about the mean Republicans standing in her way?

(07-07-2016, 04:15 PM)michaelsean Wrote: But God are you ready for another 4 or 8 years of Dems whining about the mean Republicans standing in her way?

Only if they say that is their goal.

Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-07-2016, 09:45 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: The problem is also that you think Trump will be any better. At all. You're fooling yourself by sticking to the two party mindset.

Trump will, at worst, be inept.  As shady as he is, he's not even in her league in that regard.  He has a goofy agenda.  Hers is sinister.  And she's proven she can't handle SoS.  And people want to promote her.  Go figure.

Both parties suck.  Both have their boots up all our asses.  Politicians suck.   Trump is less of a politician.  He's lied to large groups of people.  She's lied to all of America.  Do the math.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

(07-07-2016, 04:27 PM)McC Wrote: Trump will, at worst, be inept.  As shady as he is, he's not even in her league in that regard.  He has a goofy agenda.  Hers is sinister.  And she's proven she can't handle SoS.  And people want to promote her.  Go figure.

Both parties suck.  Both have their boots up all our asses.  Politicians suck.   Trump is less of a politician.  He's lied to large groups of people.  She's lied to all of America.  Do the math.

I have, and Trump has lied to all of America as well. When he switches positions and panders he isn't just lying to those in the room, he is lying to everyone. The math says that you shouldn't be playing the "lesser of two evils" game and pick someone you actually like. If you actually like Trump, own it.

(07-07-2016, 04:43 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I have, and Trump has lied to all of America as well. When he switches positions and panders he isn't just lying to those in the room, he is lying to everyone. The math says that you shouldn't be playing the "lesser of two evils" game and pick someone you actually like. If you actually like Trump, own it.

I like the most electable conservative. I can "want" any number of people, but I do want my vote to count.

Belsnickel
I have, and Trump has lied to all of America as well. When he switches positions and panders he isn't just lying to those in the room, he is lying to everyone. The math says that you shouldn't be playing the "lesser of two evils" game and pick someone you actually like. If you actually like Trump, own it.

I didn't like Trump long before this campaign.  I like some of what he says.  All in all, he's pretty goofy and really not all that bright.  She has the high IQ but absolutely no moral compass whatsoever.

Both of them are total narcissists.  Both of them are delusional.  Both are without character.  Both of them will fail in the job.  Neither is qualified.  If he wins, politicians will band together to make sure he accomplishes nothing and put the idea of a non-politician in the White House to bed forever.

She will fail because her program is lunacy and she had zero leadership ability.  All she's ever done is alienate most everyone who's ever worked for her.

I dislike him less.  I hate the Democratic Party more.  

When is it ever not a choice of the lesser of two evils?

(07-07-2016, 05:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I like the most electable conservative. I can "want" any number of people, but I do want my vote to count.

The only vote that doesn't count is a vote that isn't cast. Or one where you put in something stupid like Donald Duck.

(07-07-2016, 05:13 PM)McC Wrote: I didn't like Trump long before this campaign.  I like some of what he says.  All in all, he's pretty goofy and really not all that bright.  She has the high IQ but absolutely no moral compass whatsoever.

Both of them are total narcissists.  Both of them are delusional.  Both are without character.  Both of them will fail in the job.  Neither is qualified.  If he wins, politicians will band together to make sure he accomplishes nothing and put the idea of a non-politician in the White House to bed forever.

She will fail because her program is lunacy and she had zero leadership ability.  All she's ever done is alienate most everyone who's ever worked for her.

I dislike him less.  I hate the Democratic Party more.  

When is it ever not a choice of the lesser of two evils?

It never is. Even if there are only one or two candidates there is a write in line. Use it with sincerity if you don't like them. I've gone into this before but how stupid would a candidate look when they are the only one, or one of two on a ticket, and they don't receive the majority of the votes because of write-ins? You may not end up with your preferred person in office, but at least you have actually used your voice in our government to state your cause.

(07-07-2016, 05:56 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: The only vote that doesn't count is a vote that isn't cast. Or one where you put in something stupid like Donald Duck.

It never is. Even if there are only one or two candidates there is a write in line. Use it with sincerity if you don't like them. I've gone into this before but how stupid would a candidate look when they are the only one, or one of two on a ticket, and they don't receive the majority of the votes because of write-ins? You may not end up with your preferred person in office, but at least you have actually used your voice in our government to state your cause.

That's a nice thought, but in the real world, isn't writing in a name just tossing your vote to the wind?

Mt vote for Trump will be a vote against Hillary.

(07-07-2016, 07:46 PM)McC Wrote: That's a nice thought, but in the real world, isn't writing in a name just tossing your vote to the wind?

Mt vote for Trump will be a vote against Hillary.

Nope. Write in votes are counted. If enough people voted for Rubio, for instance, and he filed the paperwork, he could still win.

And your vote for Trump is a vote for Trump. It isn't a "not Clinton" box.

Just to clarify, the write in candidate has to file paperwork. If you just write in anyone's name you vote will not count.

(07-07-2016, 08:06 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Just to clarify, the write in candidate has to file paperwork. If you just write in anyone's name you vote will not count.

It is counted. They get lumped together and take away votes from the others on the ballot. So if there is one person on the ballot and 15% vote a write in, then the person on the ballot only gets 85% of the vote.

(07-07-2016, 07:51 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: And your vote for Trump is a vote for Trump. It isn't a "not Clinton" box.

(07-07-2016, 08:36 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: So if there is one person on the ballot and 15% vote a write in, then the person on the ballot only gets 85% of the vote.

hhhmmm...

(07-07-2016, 09:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: hhhmmm...

Swing and a miss.