Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looks like AJ plays Sunday
"Coach Marvin Lewis relayed Wednesday that Green (groin) is "fine,"Katherine Terrell of ESPN.com reports.

Per the report, Green may have aggravated an old injury from college in Week 3's loss to the Panthers. "He seemed to come around very quickly with the anti-inflammatories," Lewis noted of the wideout's recovery from the issue. "We're very fortunate with that. Because I didn't know what he had injured. He was complaining about both sides." In addition to his previously-listed groin injury, both of Green's hips evidently hurt Sunday, plus he landed awkwardly on his shoulder. While it was obviously not a great day for Green in terms of his body taking a pounding, Lewis is very optimistic about Green's status for this weekend's tilt against the Falcons, per Paul Dehner Jr. of The Cincinnati Enquirer."

Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
YYYYESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! This is great news for Sunday.

My ONLY issue: I worry about AJ making the injury worse, because he is a guy who seems to often get these nagging injuries that linger. Hope this is truly something that has already been dealt with due to the anti-inflammatories.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2018, 02:53 PM)thillan Wrote: YYYYESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! This is great news for Sunday.

My ONLY issue: I worry about AJ making the injury worse, because he is a guy who seems to often get these nagging injuries that linger. Hope this is truly something that has already been dealt with due to the anti-inflammatories.

You and me both.  I hope he just tweaked something, and the team doctors played it safe for the rest of the game.  You have to with a talent like AJ Green.  My thoughts are.....if this was a postseason game, he comes back in after a series or two.  If he and Mixon both play Sunday, and Gio gets some good looks spelling him along with Boyd's continual improvement, we should be in good shape Sunday.  Sure hope Preston Brown returns.

Reply/Quote
When I saw him land on his tailbone, I thought he was done for the year. I got tossed off a horse a few years ago and landed the same way (although from a higher altitude), and would up with 2 compression fractures in my back.....
Reply/Quote
Man, the NFL is tough these days. Guys get injured left and right. It takes a lot of luck to have your best players healthy throughout the season.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2018, 02:57 PM)Wyche Wrote: You and me both.  I hope he just tweaked something, and the team doctors played it safe for the rest of the game.  You have to with a talent like AJ Green.  My thoughts are.....if this was a postseason game, he comes back in after a series or two.  If he and Mixon both play Sunday, and Gio gets some good looks spelling him along with Boyd's continual improvement, we should be in good shape Sunday.  Sure hope Preston Brown returns.

I think we're good for Sunday. What is the latest on Preston anyway?

Reply/Quote
Just hope hes not rushing back to soon. Rather have him healthy all year than be one and done after this game for the season.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2018, 03:37 PM)Sled21 Wrote: When I saw him land on his tailbone, I thought he was done for the year. I got tossed off a horse a few years ago and landed the same way (although from a higher altitude), and would up with 2 compression fractures in my back.....

Got a few of those myself in a car wreck many moons ago....

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2018, 03:48 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I think we're good for Sunday. What is the latest on Preston anyway?
Says here, he and MJ were padded up, along with Green.....Mixon with just a helmet:
https://www.bengals.com/news/quick-hits-green-mixon-appear-on-field

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2018, 02:48 PM)Wyche Wrote: "Coach Marvin Lewis relayed Wednesday that Green (groin) is "fine,"Katherine Terrell of ESPN.com reports.

Per the report, Green may have aggravated an old injury from college in Week 3's loss to the Panthers. "He seemed to come around very quickly with the anti-inflammatories," Lewis noted of the wideout's recovery from the issue. "We're very fortunate with that. Because I didn't know what he had injured. He was complaining about both sides." In addition to his previously-listed groin injury, both of Green's hips evidently hurt Sunday, plus he landed awkwardly on his shoulder. While it was obviously not a great day for Green in terms of his body taking a pounding, Lewis is very optimistic about Green's status for this weekend's tilt against the Falcons, per Paul Dehner Jr. of The Cincinnati Enquirer."

I hope you're right, but with Merv speak you never know what "fine" means... Is it, he's not in pain anymore or is it, he's going 100%
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2018, 04:19 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I hope you're right, but with Merv speak you never know what "fine" means... Is it, he's not in pain anymore or is it, he's going 100%

According to the link from the mother ship......he came out in pads, and went to the rehab field.....so, I guess it depends on how that went.  Merv speak is definitely odd at times, but at least he suited up. :andy:

Reply/Quote
Fantastic news !

Good to hear the others doing well also
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2018, 02:48 PM)Wyche Wrote: "Coach Marvin Lewis relayed Wednesday that Green (groin) is "fine,"Katherine Terrell of ESPN.com reports.

Great news, thanks Wyche. We should have a good chance, think it will be a close high scoring affair.

Think we have a better pass Defense but our run Defense needs to improve. If it does, we win IMHO.

But the run Defense has to improve a bunch and get Ryan in some third and longs. We will score points.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2018, 04:21 PM)Wyche Wrote: According to the link from the mother ship......he came out in pads, and went to the rehab field.....so, I guess it depends on how that went.  Merv speak is definitely odd at times, but at least he suited up. :andy:

I like the fact that Merv is intentionally vague when discussing injuries. Why let the other team know....
Reply/Quote
He has to play. We got no chance without him.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2018, 11:13 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I like the fact that Merv is intentionally vague when discussing injuries. Why let the other team know....

That's a good point.....makes game planning a tad more complicated.

Reply/Quote
AJ coming back is sweet music to my ears.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
AJ is off the injury report.....good news.

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2018, 11:08 PM)Wyche Wrote: AJ is off the injury report.....good news.

Yes, yes it is. Almost kind of has to play this game. Some pride when him and Julio go up against eachother.
Reply/Quote
After AJ saw Ross play from the bench, after that he had no choice than to "be healthy" for this coming Saturday. He knows how important he himself is to this team in order to succeed.
Reply/Quote