Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looks like Andy is off to the Panthers
Decent 1 year 2 year contract to bridge/mentor whoever they draft.

https://www.nfl.com/news/panthers-signing-former-saints-qb-andy-dalton-to-one-year-10-million-contract

Quote:The Panthers have found a veteran leader for their quarterback room ahead of the 2023 NFL Draft.

Carolina is signing former Saints quarterback Andy Dalton to a one-year, $10 million contract with $8 million guaranteed and a maximum value of $17 million with incentives, NFL Network Insider Tom Pelissero reported on Tuesday.

Corrected quote as it seems NFL.com changed the information after I posted.

Quote:Carolina is signing former Saints quarterback Andy Dalton to a two-year, $11 million contract with $8 million guaranteed, NFL Network Insiders Ian Rapoport and Tom Pelissero reported on Tuesday.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Everywhere else I have seen says 2yr/$10m. Even that link if you click on it now says 2yr/$11m. Weird.

Either way. It still blows my mind that the Saints gave $37.5m/yr to Carr when Dalton signed for $5m or $5.5m/yr. Not saying Dalton is going to lead a team to the promised land, but Carr sure as hell isn't, and he's $32.5m/yr more and so so so much more guaranteed money. Lol

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
While I'm happy Andy was able to land with another team, it's weird seeing him become a journeyman QB. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 02:03 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Everywhere else I have seen says 2yr/$10m. Even that link if you click on it now says 2yr/$11m. Weird.

Either way. It still blows my mind that the Saints gave $37.5m/yr to Carr when Dalton signed for $5m or $5.5m/yr. Not saying Dalton is going to lead a team to the promised land, but Carr sure as hell isn't, and he's $32.5m/yr more and so so so much more guaranteed money. Lol

probly a 1 year deal with a 1 year option or something of the like..

Smart move to help their new QB.    Dalton knows whats its like to jump right into the fire out of college. and can drive the boat for a few weeks if needed
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 02:03 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Everywhere else I have seen says 2yr/$10m. Even that link if you click on it now says 2yr/$11m. Weird.

I copy and pasted the quote I posted directly from the article.  My guess is between then and when you read the post they changed it to probably correct the information.  Even the URL still says one year 10 million but the information in the article has changed.  I'll edit my post also to reflect that.  Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote