Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looks like Camps will go on as scheduled
(06-26-2020, 01:13 PM)Earendil Wrote: Well, that's one way for the Bengals to win the Super Bowl. They could be the last ones standing... LOL

Good point, the team that stops the virus the best and keeps it stars on the field will have a huge advantage.

If I am Bengals, I use herd immunity and infect all 90 players, coaches now so they can all recover by September 1st.  Smirk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
(06-26-2020, 01:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am a big fan of FDR, but this has to be one of the dumbest and most misusued quotes ever.

Fear is what has kept most of us alive and allowed humans to advance.  People with no fear usually die young.

Fear isn't singular... neither is courage.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

(06-25-2020, 06:35 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Well, looks like TC's will go on as scheduled. I am surprised. Players are stuck between a rock and a hard place. They need to be ready in less than 30 days for camp while some experts are saying do not work out together.
https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-informs-teams-training-camp-to-open-as-scheduled

Brady sent the Roosevelt quote after being called out for working out with teammates.

https://www.nfl.com/news/tom-brady-on-instagram-only-thing-we-have-to-fear-is-fear-itself

I am with Brady on this one. But, likely these healthy young athletes with get the virus, so I hope if so they keep in mind the elderly and the vulnerable as we all should do if diagnosed with it.

Only thing we have to fear is fear itself. Great quote and I read it as don't ever let fear overtake your freedom to live and enjoy life.

This term "some experts" is thrown around way to much with little to no thought about what you are saying.

A expert in any field is one that has extensive schooling in a certain field. The definition of schooling "education or training received, especially at school." as well as the definition of expert " a person who has a comprehensive and authoritative knowledge of or skill in a particular area.".

The only thing everyone could agree on at the start of the corona crap is that nobody new anything about it and it was learn as we go type thing. And they are still learning therefore there is no experts in this field at all.
(06-25-2020, 06:53 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I miss football, but I don't see it happening at any level in 2020.

I can see the NFL and college playing 2 seasons in 2021, one in spring and one in winter/fall.

Smack  Lame Hammer  
(06-26-2020, 01:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am a big fan of FDR, but this has to be one of the dumbest and most misusued quotes ever.

Fear is what has kept most of us alive and allowed humans to advance.  People with no fear usually die young.

Or they have one hell of an exciting life.

Are you ready for some football? I am...GO BENGALS
(06-26-2020, 01:13 PM)Earendil Wrote: Well, that's one way for the Bengals to win the Super Bowl. They could be the last ones standing... LOL

(06-26-2020, 03:47 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Good point, the team that stops the virus the best and keeps it stars on the field will have a huge advantage.

If I am Bengals, I use herd immunity and infect all 90 players, coaches now so they can all recover by September 1st.  Smirk

Are you two really wishing sickness on other teams players so we can win a Super Bowl game talk about selfish. Not to mention the fact that nobody could really be happy or proud of the Bengals winning it like that.

I prefer the other teams doing good being healthy and beating them when they are playing their best.
(06-26-2020, 11:05 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: This term "some experts" is thrown around way to much with little to no thought about what you are saying.

A expert in any field is one that has extensive schooling in a certain field. The definition of schooling "education or training received, especially at school." as well as the definition of expert " a person who has a comprehensive and authoritative knowledge of or skill in a particular area.".

The only thing everyone could agree on at the start of the corona crap is that nobody new anything about it and it was learn as we go type thing. And they are still learning therefore there is no experts in this field at all.

One thing we have confirmed is that you are not an expert on this topic.
(06-26-2020, 11:52 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Are you two really wishing sickness on other teams players so we can win a Super Bowl game talk about selfish. Not to mention the fact that nobody could really be happy or proud of the Bengals winning it like that.

I prefer the other teams doing good being healthy and beating them when they are playing their best.

Sorry not what I said. I said team who managed it best had an advantage no different than teams who manage injuries better have an advantage, those it better depth have an advantage when someone is injured.

I prefer to win and don't remember any team saying we will forfeit since your team came down with the flu or had key guys injured when they played them.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
(06-27-2020, 01:09 AM)AussieBengal Wrote: One thing we have confirmed is that you are not an expert on this topic.

Yeah the doctor for the NFLPA (expert) said he does not recommend players training together. Last I checked, training camp requires players train together at camp so Bong is definitely not an expert on the subject.

(06-27-2020, 12:39 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Yeah the doctor for the NFLPA (expert) said he does not recommend players training together. Last I checked, training camp requires players train together at camp so Bong is definitely not an expert on the subject.

There ya go again throwing that word around. I guess you think our team doctor is an expert as well the guys nickname is Bengals butcher.

We will see who is right and who is wrong when camp starts and everyone shows up.
(06-27-2020, 06:42 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: There ya go again throwing that word around. I guess you think our team doctor is an expert as well the guys nickname is Bengals butcher.

We will see who is right and who is wrong when camp starts and everyone shows up.

So you don't believe a doctor has a better understanding than some random called @BengalsBong on an internet forum?
(06-27-2020, 09:19 PM)AussieBengal Wrote: So you don't believe a doctor has a better understanding than some random called @BengalsBong on an internet forum?

I envision Dr. Bong surrounded by a cloud of smoke saying "I have the munchies man"

What was the question again?

(06-27-2020, 06:42 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: There ya go again throwing that word around. I guess you think our team doctor is an expert as well the guys nickname is Bengals butcher.

I don't think the team doctor performs surgeries so that nickname is erroneous.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(06-26-2020, 10:06 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: You might be surprised what someone will do for millions of dollars.  Then again, how many times do we see guys throw it away?

Yeah, Dalton is super rich and he has zero playoff wins and 4th down throwaways in OT to end games. Too bad players aren't paid for performance on a year to year basis with a minimum salary. AJ would get minimum.

And yeah, speaking of Brady vs. Fauci. Maybe Thomas Brady should "shut up and throw" and leave this opinion to the experts.

Just like the virus doesn't care if you're black or white (although data suggests otherwise for particular reasons), it doesn't really care if you have muscles or not. If someone sneezes 200 million infected particles at you, it doesn't care if you're an athlete, it has a new host.
(06-25-2020, 06:51 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I don't think anyone wants another human being to die or get sick. Sadly, reality is it will happen. I had no idea how many people died from the flu prior to the virus, my guess like this virus it can have major long term impact on them also, it is just not reported.

I was surprised and think the timing of the announcement was strange since yesterday was the highest # of cases reported in the US. That is the bad news, the good news is we are much better prepared to treat it than we were 5 months ago. I don't think we can stop it so we have tomanage it by keeping those who get it alive and minimizing any long term impact as best we can.

The treatment hasn’t changed at all from five months ago. It is a viral illness and the treatment is symptomatic care.

Dude, I've been trying to tell you for a couple of years now, put down the bong for a minute or two..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(06-28-2020, 12:51 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: The treatment hasn’t changed at all from five months ago. It is a viral illness and the treatment is symptomatic care.

That is not actually true,  there are a number of medications in use now that improve outcomes and shorten recovery times. Part of the reasoning for flattening the curve is to buy time. Buy time to increase resources in intensive care, buy time to improve treatment practices and procedures to prevent hospital systems being overwhelmed as New York was,
(06-28-2020, 01:17 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Dude, I've been trying to tell you for a couple of years now, put down the bong for a minute or two..

Never
(06-27-2020, 09:19 PM)AussieBengal Wrote: So you don't believe a doctor has a better understanding than some random called @BengalsBong on an internet forum?

The use of the procedure increased dramatically from the early 1940s and into the 1950s; by 1951, almost 20,000 lobotomies had been performed in the United States and proportionally more in the United Kingdom.[6] The majority of lobotomies were performed on women; a 1951 study of American hospitals found nearly 60% of lobotomy patients were women; limited data shows 74% of lobotomies in Ontario from 1948–1952 were performed on women.[7][8][9] From the 1950s onward lobotomy began to be abandoned,[10] first in the Soviet Union[11] and Europe.

Doctor's was doing lobotomy just 70 years ago so no I do not think they have a better understanding then I do. They are actually the reason all the junkies are hooked from prescribing pain pills to anyone and everyone to put a few dollar bills in their pockets. Legalized drug dealers are what they are basically far from the smartest with very little common sense and of low morals.
(06-28-2020, 08:16 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: The use of the procedure increased dramatically from the early 1940s and into the 1950s; by 1951, almost 20,000 lobotomies had been performed in the United States and proportionally more in the United Kingdom.[6] The majority of lobotomies were performed on women; a 1951 study of American hospitals found nearly 60% of lobotomy patients were women; limited data shows 74% of lobotomies in Ontario from 1948–1952 were performed on women.[7][8][9] From the 1950s onward lobotomy began to be abandoned,[10] first in the Soviet Union[11] and Europe.

Doctor's was doing lobotomy just 70 years ago so no I do not think they have a better understanding then I do. They are actually the reason all the junkies are hooked from prescribing pain pills to anyone and everyone to put a few dollar bills in their pockets. Legalized drug dealers are what they are basically far from the smartest with very little common sense and of low morals.

Wow