Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looks like Camps will go on as scheduled
(06-28-2020, 10:26 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Then tell how the treatment has improved.

Not the thread for it but there are different things being used beyond the antivirals that were mostly experimental at first.  The treatments have improved tremendously as they are starting to realize that in many of the cases, blocking the complement system (a part of your innate immune system) aids in treatment tremendously.

If you really want more info, I can PM you details, but the treatments are much more effective at combating the effect of the virus than the early treatments.  This is also very evident if you look at the reduction in morbidity and mortality.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
And just like that, this thread went way over my head... LOL
(06-29-2020, 03:10 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I was prescribing it for the relief of symptom caused by airway inflammation regardless of the diagnosis whether it be acute bronchitis, COPD, asthma, ARDS, Covid 19, etc. Even if you don’t have a diagnosis, but they have airway inflammation there’s a good chance you’re going to use a steroid to treat it. That was always in the tool box. So I probably did, but wouldn’t know because we didn’t have the ability to test for Covid 19 until June.

That sounds great. When it finally becomes available. Because we’ve had PCR testing for less than a month and are still having problems with supplies. Right now we have less than 35 tests and will run out tomorrow morning without a re-supply.

The tests are being used via an emergency use authorization so manufacturers don’t have to submit validation data so if we do get the saliva test we won’t know the sensitivity or specificity to know how accurate the test is.

And I was responding to the comment we’re more prepared for treatment. And we’re not. Hell, we’ve barely improved testing. Improvements in contact tracing lags behind improvements in testing. And our President and Vice President (who leads the pandemic response) refuse to wear a face covering against medical advice the President himself announced to the public. Our President also says we use the best tests in the world, but those anterior nasal swabs we ran out of this week are made in China.

And when it comes to actually treating the patient as in what can you do for them it’s basically the same as it was 6 months ago. I can’t prescribe anything different than I wasn’t already able to prescribe. And the treatment is mainly supportive and symptomatic.

Mate we aren't on different sides of this arguement, I'm from Australia and things are a lot different over here, from the outside looking in it appears that the US has dealt with this terribly and your post suggests that you hold a similar view on this. Over here we are still able to aggressively trace every contact and that has been invaluable for us in our response. We wouldn't have been able to do that without the lockdown we went into which was the reason for my post that you responded to. I am not a doctor, just someone who is concerned about people I know in the US and how things are developing over there. Though it doesn't help when you have a leader who openly states that the reason for high numbers in the US is that you do to much testing so he has asked people to test less
(06-29-2020, 03:10 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: That sounds great. When it finally becomes available. Because we’ve had PCR testing for less than a month and are still having problems with supplies. Right now we have less than 35 tests and will run out tomorrow morning without a re-supply.

The Saliva test is very new here in Australia, it is running on a pilot program in Melbourne where we currently have an outbreak we are trying to get under control. It is being used for door to door testing trying to pickup asymptomatic case in hotspots around Melbourne. At the announcement of the test today it was said that the test is a little less accurate than the current PCR test but it isn't being used to replace that test but more of a test that can be used in the field.

I'd just like to say good luck with work you are doing with dealing with this, you 100% have my respect and I hope you can get better access to resourses. 
Remember when the sun was gonna kill this thing? Maybe the falling leaves and apple cider will.
(06-25-2020, 06:53 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I miss football, but I don't see it happening at any level in 2020.

I can see the NFL and college playing 2 seasons in 2021, one in spring and one in winter/fall.

Lol football will happen. Covid is the biggest hoax in U.S. history
(06-29-2020, 11:24 AM)Trademark Wrote: Lol football will happen. Covid is the biggest hoax in U.S. history

How so?
(06-29-2020, 11:24 AM)Trademark Wrote: Lol football will happen. Covid is the biggest hoax in U.S. history

Bigger than the moon landing?

Who uncovered the evidence of this hoax and what is it?

You're the biggest hoax in US History.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
I have family members in medical care that would like a word, Trademark.
Everything in this post is my fault.
(06-29-2020, 02:47 PM)Big Boss Wrote: I have family members in medical care that would like a word, Trademark.

Yeah, it isn't a hoax.

I will pray for your family members BB.

It is a tender subject when it affects you intimately. I had it, but it didn't affect me like my sister who had it for weeks.

I have O positive blood, guess it doesn't affect you as much when you have this type.

We just need to focus on the deaths. I think this is where everything gets lost.

Need to take care of the older people and the people with other health problems to keep the death rate down.

Don't be a Cuomo is all I say. You don't go and put people with covid in old folk homes man.
(06-29-2020, 10:09 AM)AussieBengal Wrote: Mate we aren't on different sides of this arguement, I'm from Australia and things are a lot different over here, from the outside looking in it appears that the US has dealt with this terribly and your post suggests that you hold a similar view on this. Over here we are still able to aggressively trace every contact and that has been invaluable for us in our response. We wouldn't have been able to do that without the lockdown we went into which was the reason for my post that you responded to. I am not a doctor, just someone who is concerned about people I know in the US and how things are developing over there. Though it doesn't help when you have a leader who openly states that the reason for high numbers in the US is that you do to much testing so he has asked people to test less

And your post saying your country of 25 million people that only had 100 deaths proves how weak this virus is.
(06-29-2020, 02:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, it isn't a hoax.

I will pray for your family members BB.

It is a tender subject when it affects you intimately. I had it, but it didn't affect me like my sister who had it for weeks.

I have O positive blood, guess it doesn't affect you as much when you have this type.

We just need to focus on the deaths. I think this is where everything gets lost.

Need to take care of the older people and the people with other health problems to keep the death rate down.

Don't be a Cuomo is all I say. You don't go and put people with covid in old folk homes man.

I appreciate it, Nate.  Thanks.
Everything in this post is my fault.
There are updates today about more NHL players testing positive during training, so I'm not seeing how anything happens this year but I'm hoping for the best.
(06-29-2020, 05:22 PM)Nately120 Wrote: There are updates today about more NHL players testing positive during training, so I'm not seeing how anything happens this year but I'm hoping for the best.

HS kids are testing positive less than two weeks into football practices near me... I don't see any of it happening.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021

PayPal bet?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(06-29-2020, 06:45 PM)jason Wrote: HS kids are testing positive less than two weeks into football practices near me... I don't see any of it happening.

It is a lot better that younger people are getting it than older people.

Doubt it even affects them much, same as me.

We just need to make sure the older folks are safe.
(06-29-2020, 06:45 PM)jason Wrote: HS kids are testing positive less than two weeks into football practices near me... I don't see any of it happening.

Until there is a vaccine or players can play with covid I can't see how it can. 
(06-29-2020, 07:03 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It is a lot better that younger people are getting it than older people.

Doubt it even affects them much, same as me.

We just need to make sure the older folks are safe.

I keep hearing of potential long term damage to the lungs and heart... Even if that isn't so, young folks are doing a great job of spreading it at the moment.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021