Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looks like Camps will go on as scheduled
(06-30-2020, 02:50 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: ---I installed UV lighting in my house. My living room is like a tanning bed. I also mix in a blacklight in the evenings just because it looks cool, and it can't hurt.

That is not enough.  The UV light needs to be INSIDE YOU.

So you will need this

[Image: uv-blacklight-bulb-1.jpg]

and this

[Image: s-l1600.jpg]

I have found that about 6 to 7 treatments a day keeps the covid away.
(06-30-2020, 10:29 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Don’t knock Australia. They gave us Margot Robbie.

They also gave us vegemite.
(06-30-2020, 02:50 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I've taken it upon myself to do some research. After reading some articles on the effects of UV light and nicotine I started down the rabbit hole.  This is what I've come up with it to protect myself:

---I installed UV lighting in my house. My living room is like a tanning bed. I also mix in a blacklight in the evenings just because it looks cool, and it can't hurt.

---I precribed myself 10 Marlboro Reds and 1/3 of Juul Pod daily.

---I use the Keto diet for healthy fats and proteins. Saturdays are my "cheat day" AKA Coney Crate day.

---Im following Hershal Walkers highly touted 1987 workout regime which utilizes pushups and situps only.

---I take 3x the recommended Emergen-C daily. My immune system is basically roided up.

---No fap except on weekends and holidays.

---Ive been listening to a lot of Tool just to pump me for a potential battle with Covid.

---I take 17 baby aspirin a day.

---Im intermediate fasting, my schedule is 23/1.

---If I want to drink alcohol I mix vodka with Green Tea and creatine. I call it "Crea-Tea"

In doing all of this I know I'm ok. But I still wear a mask just to appease the sheep.  If Covid even thinks about coming for me Ill knock that ***** the eff out.

Stay safe, people!!!!
I think the baby aspirin alone might kill you.
(06-30-2020, 03:11 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: I think the baby aspirin alone might kill you.

I don't take it all at once. I'm not an idiot.
(06-30-2020, 03:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: That is not enough.  The UV light needs to be INSIDE YOU.

So you will need this

[Image: uv-blacklight-bulb-1.jpg]

and this

[Image: s-l1600.jpg]

I have found that about 6 to 7 treatments a day keeps the covid away.

Damn, that's a pretty good idea! Thank, Fred!

You think it's safe to mix a little bleach in with the lube? Two birds, one stone, am I right?   I've got some laundy bleach that's more skin friendly so Im assuming it's safe elsewhere.  
(06-29-2020, 09:07 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Not the thread for it but there are different things being used beyond the antivirals that were mostly experimental at first.  The treatments have improved tremendously as they are starting to realize that in many of the cases, blocking the complement system (a part of your innate immune system) aids in treatment tremendously.

Yeah, send me the information. I’d be greatly interested. How many complement blockers are currently FDA approved? Three? And none with an indication to treat infection?

Or are you including monoclonal antibodies as complement blockers? In which case only three are indicated for infections; RSV, anthrax, and C. diff.

And where are outpatient providers treating Covid 19 patients with convalescent mAbs? And in what numbers? Because a quick review of the literature indicates it’s use is also investigational as well.

Quote:If you really want more info, I can PM you details, but the treatments are much more effective at combating the effect of the virus than the early treatments.  This is also very evident if you look at the reduction in morbidity and mortality.  

Where are you getting this information about morbidity and mortality reduction because I can’t find that information with the CDC’s MMWR?
(06-29-2020, 10:09 AM)AussieBengal Wrote: Mate we aren't on different sides of this arguement, I'm from Australia and things are a lot different over here, from the outside looking in it appears that the US has dealt with this terribly and your post suggests that you hold a similar view on this. Over here we are still able to aggressively trace every contact and that has been invaluable for us in our response. We wouldn't have been able to do that without the lockdown we went into which was the reason for my post that you responded to. I am not a doctor, just someone who is concerned about people I know in the US and how things are developing over there. Though it doesn't help when you have a leader who openly states that the reason for high numbers in the US is that you do to much testing so he has asked people to test less

Our response has been less than ideal to say the least. If we had been more aggressive with testing, contract tracing, and isolating cases we might have been able to avoid shutting down the economy. We still need to do a better job. Yesterday I called a patient to let her know she was positive and she was at work despite’s being told to self-isolate at home until she received her results. Now all of her close contacts at work need to be tested and should self isolate which can dramatically affect her employer’s business.

Now we’re currently seeing a spike I cases which is going to put the fall sports seasons in jeopardy. There is so much money for the NFL to lose I wasn’t too concerned about the NFL not having a season, but I’m becoming less optimistic by the month.

I had a trip planned for a medical conference in Montana next month which I didn’t think was going to be cancelled when this pandemic first started. But, I was wrong about that. So I think it is too soon to predict what will happen with the NFL’s season. I’m guardedly optimistic, but less so with each passing month. I have a family trip planned for November which I also think is in jeopardy if things continue on their current course.
I was taking my wife to the UK in September for our 20th anniversary, but we had to cancel the trip. We're going to reschedule for April, but I'm not entirely optimistic that this will have blown over by then.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-29-2020, 02:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, it isn't a hoax.

I will pray for your family members BB.

It is a tender subject when it affects you intimately. I had it, but it didn't affect me like my sister who had it for weeks.

I have O positive blood, guess it doesn't affect you as much when you have this type.

We just need to focus on the deaths. I think this is where everything gets lost.

Need to take care of the older people and the people with other health problems to keep the death rate down.

Don't be a Cuomo is all I say. You don't go and put people with covid in old folk homes man.

First documented case of Covid 19 in Wyoming was in March. The first case of Covid 19 in the US was January in Washington.

You were sick in January, correct? Why do you believe your family had Covid 19 two months before anyone else in your state?
(06-30-2020, 05:03 PM)Earendil Wrote: I was taking my wife to the UK in September for our 20th anniversary, but we had to cancel the trip. We're going to reschedule for April, but I'm not entirely optimistic that this will have blown over by then.

That’s too bad. Hope your plans work out better in April.
(06-30-2020, 05:07 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: You were sick in January, correct? Why do you believe your family had Covid 19 two months before anyone else in your state?

I don't mean this as a shot at Nate at all, but every single person who I have heard claim to have had covid 19 in December or January claim it was "just like the flu".
(06-30-2020, 06:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't mean this as a shot at Nate at all, but every single person who I have heard claim to have had covid 19 in December or January claim it was "just like the flu".

I actually had Covid-18.  It wasn't as well publicized, but nonetheless very real.  It hit me right before Christmas in, of course, 2018.  I had all the normal flu like symptoms.  The fever was the worst.  Got up to 103. 

One odd additional side effect:  My hands went completely numb.  I had to open my presents that year with my feet.  
(06-30-2020, 06:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't mean this as a shot at Nate at all, but every single person who I have heard claim to have had covid 19 in December or January claim it was "just like the flu".

The presentation of Covid 19 is highly variable. From no symptoms at all to symptoms of a cold, the flu, acute bronchitis, pneumonia, acute congestive heart failure, gastroenteritis and the severity is from mild to life threatening. I can’t reliably diagnosis someone wth Covid 19 without testing so I’m highly skeptical of someone self diagnosing themselves with Covid 19 in June when cases are spiking, let alone in January when cases were limited.
(06-29-2020, 06:45 PM)jason Wrote: HS kids are testing positive less than two weeks into football practices near me... I don't see any of it happening.

My daughter will be a sophomore and is worried about HS football.

“But, we live in the South. We have to have football. It’s like going to church.”
(06-30-2020, 01:43 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Funnel-Web?

Red Back, I once got venom from one in my eye.
(06-30-2020, 05:03 PM)Earendil Wrote: I was taking my wife to the UK in September for our 20th anniversary, but we had to cancel the trip.  We're going to reschedule for April, but I'm not entirely optimistic that this will have blown over by then.

I was supposed to have arrived there this past Friday and stayed for two weeks.  Obviously that did not happen...
(06-30-2020, 06:59 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: The presentation of Covid 19 is highly variable. From no symptoms at all to symptoms of a cold, the flu, acute bronchitis, pneumonia, acute congestive heart failure, gastroenteritis and the severity is from mild to life threatening. I can’t reliably diagnosis someone wth Covid 19 without testing so I’m highly skeptical of someone self diagnosing themselves with Covid 19 in June when cases are spiking, let alone in January when cases were limited.

Is there another infection that presents itself in such wildly different ways? I can't think of one. But that doesn't mean much.

Perhaps "new" illnesses (to humankind) behave this way? Are we dealing with a unique situation?

Seriously,  I  wonder what we're dealing with sometimes. 
Go Benton Panthers!!
(06-30-2020, 04:42 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Our response has been less than ideal to say the least. If we had been more aggressive with testing, contract tracing, and isolating cases we might have been able to avoid shutting down the economy. We still need to do a better job. Yesterday I called a patient to let her know she was positive and she was at work despite’s being told to self-isolate at home until she received her results. Now all of her close contacts at work need to be tested and should self isolate which can dramatically affect her employer’s business.

Now we’re currently seeing a spike I cases which is going to put the fall sports seasons in jeopardy. There is so much money for the NFL to lose I wasn’t too concerned about the NFL not having a season, but I’m becoming less optimistic by the month.

I had a trip planned for a medical conference in Montana next month which I didn’t think was going to be cancelled when this pandemic first started. But, I was wrong about that. So I think it is too soon to predict what will happen with the NFL’s season. I’m guardedly optimistic, but less so with each passing month. I have a family trip planned for November which I also think is in jeopardy if things continue on their current course.

We have had a combination of fast action and good luck work very well for us over here. We have been lucky to be an island nation so we are able to lockdown our borders very effectively. We probably would have avoided a severe national lockdown, except when we announced strict social distancing measures we had 10000 people show up at one of the major beaches in Sydney. Though to be honest we needed the lockdown back in March and April as we didn't have the resources needed to allow us to test and aggressively contact trace which is allowing us to fight the pandemic now. As I write this we are announcing localised lockdowns of some suburbs in Melbourne, they are going back into lockdown for the next 4 weeks. Victoria is currently getting about 70 new cases a day, outside of Victoria the vast majority of our cases are in hotel quarantine for returned travelers. The theory for this outbreak is that it was caused by poor practices in the hotel quarantine in that state.

We are very lucky over here, I actually get to go to a game of football this weekend, it is a limited crowd of 7500 in a stadium that seats 30000 but het its a chance to go to the football.
Coronavirus test kits used in Tanzania were dismissed as faulty by President John Magufuli on Sunday because he said they had returned positive results on samples taken from a goat and pawpaw (papaya).

Magufuli, whose government has already drawn criticism for being secretive about the coronavirus outbreak and has previously asked Tanzanians to pray the coronavirus away, said the kits had "technical errors".

The Covid-19 testing kits had been imported from abroad, Magufuli said during an event in Chato in the north-west of Tanzania, although he did not give further details.

The president said he had instructed Tanzanian security forces to check the quality of the kits. They had randomly obtained several non-human samples, including from pawpaw, a goat and a sheep, but had assigned them human names and ages.

These samples were then submitted to Tanzania's laboratory to test for the coronavirus, with the lab technicians left deliberately unaware of their origins.

Samples from the pawpaw and the goat tested positive for Covid-19, the president said, adding this meant it was likely that some people were being tested positive when in fact they were not infected by the coronavirus.

"There is something happening. I said before we should not accept that every aid is meant to be good for this nation," Magufuli said, adding the kits should be investigated.

As of Sunday, Tanzania had recorded 480 cases of Covid-19 and 17 deaths but unlike most other African countries, Dar es Salaam sometimes goes for days without offering updates, with the last bulletin on cases on Wednesday.

Magufuli also said that he was sending a plane to collect a cure being promoted by Madagascar's president. The herbal mix has not yet undergone internationally recognised scientific testing.

"I'm communicating with Madagascar," he said during a speech, adding: "They have got a medicine. We will send a flight there and the medicine will be brought in the country so that Tanzanians too can benefit."

Covid-19 infections and fatalities reported across Africa have been relatively low compared with the United States, parts of Asia and Europe. But Africa also has extremely low levels of testing, with rates of only around 500 per million people.

https://www.msn.com/en-in/news/world/tanzania-testing-kits-report-goat-papaya-covid-19-postive-presidential-probe-ordered/ar-BB13Aplf
Suspicious nurses sent 10 UNUSED COVID 19 swabs with fake names to be tested. ALL CAME BACK POSITIVE.