Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looks like Camps will go on as scheduled
Well, looks like TC's will go on as scheduled. I am surprised. Players are stuck between a rock and a hard place. They need to be ready in less than 30 days for camp while some experts are saying do not work out together.
https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-informs-teams-training-camp-to-open-as-scheduled

Brady sent the Roosevelt quote after being called out for working out with teammates.

https://www.nfl.com/news/tom-brady-on-instagram-only-thing-we-have-to-fear-is-fear-itself

I am with Brady on this one. But, likely these healthy young athletes with get the virus, so I hope if so they keep in mind the elderly and the vulnerable as we all should do if diagnosed with it.

Only thing we have to fear is fear itself. Great quote and I read it as don't ever let fear overtake your freedom to live and enjoy life.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Selfishly, I WANT FOOTBALL! I just hope than anyone that does get it does not suffer long term health issues. If it damages the lungs in a player to a strong degree, it could be career ending. God forbid anyone dies from it. I'm all for getting things back to normal and seeing some football. But it is pretty selfish for me to feel this way. I will be good with whatever decision they make.

(06-25-2020, 06:40 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Selfishly, I WANT FOOTBALL! I just hope than anyone that does get it does not suffer long term health issues. If it damages the lungs in a player to a strong degree, it could be career ending. God forbid anyone dies from it. I'm all for getting things back to normal and seeing some football. But it is pretty selfish for me to feel this way. I will be good with whatever decision they make.

If they play this year I'd steer clear of fantasy football... Just sayin'.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(06-25-2020, 06:40 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Selfishly, I WANT FOOTBALL! I just hope than anyone that does get it does not suffer long term health issues. If it damages the lungs in a player to a strong degree, it could be career ending. God forbid anyone dies from it. I'm all for getting things back to normal and seeing some football. But it is pretty selfish for me to feel this way. I will be good with whatever decision they make.

I don't think anyone wants another human being to die or get sick. Sadly, reality is it will happen. I had no idea how many people died from the flu prior to the virus, my guess like this virus it can have major long term impact on them also, it is just not reported.

I was surprised and think the timing of the announcement was strange since yesterday was the highest # of cases reported in the US. That is the bad news, the good news is we are much better prepared to treat it than we were 5 months ago. I don't think we can stop it so we have tomanage it by keeping those who get it alive and minimizing any long term impact as best we can.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
(06-25-2020, 06:48 PM)jason Wrote: If they play this year I'd steer clear of fantasy football... Just sayin'.

I miss football, but I don't see it happening at any level in 2020.

I can see the NFL and college playing 2 seasons in 2021, one in spring and one in winter/fall.

(06-25-2020, 06:53 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I miss football, but I don't see it happening at any level in 2020.

I can see the NFL and college playing 2 seasons in 2021, on in spring and one in winter/fall.

I pretty much agree. I think it will be herky jerky if they do pull it off. Like more than 53 active roster spots, watered down product herky jerky. Can Geno even play if they go ahead? Do we want him to? I'm sure there are many players with pre-existing conditions we aren't aware of or they may not be aware of. That was kinda where my fantasy football joke comes in. We'll see how the other sports do here in a month or so... Maybe.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
I think having a season this year will be temping, but it would likely be far more chaotic than the NFL and players will be comfortable with. If they are actually going to enforce quarantines and players can't play sick then you are going to have starting players coming and going at sporadic times.

I guess I wouldn't mind if we play the Steelers and we are having a healthy week and over half their starters are in quarantine or maybe Ben is stuck playing behind an o-line of guys who were driving UPS trucks the week before because their whole line of starters are on lockdown. I just can't see a scenario where you have million-dollar starters and instant-starter replacements on the field at the same time.
I think the entire year is gonna be scrubbed.

We know how politicians work. As soon as one team has an outbreak the season will be cancelled. There won't be fans allowed to anything. I hope I am wrong but I don't think baseball has a chance of getting off the ground in July.

All these damn protests and people going on vacation have spread the pandemic and here we are with an influx in infections after 3 months of stay at home orders and social distancing. Wasted.

It's not gonna happen guys
(06-25-2020, 11:16 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: I think the entire year is gonna be scrubbed.

We know how politicians work.  As soon as one team has an outbreak the season will be cancelled.  There won't be fans allowed to anything.  I hope I am wrong but I don't think baseball has a chance of getting off the ground in July.

All these damn protests and people going on vacation have spread the pandemic and here we are with an influx in infections after 3 months of stay at home orders and social distancing.  Wasted.  

It's not gonna happen guys

I understand everyone's lack of optimism here, but the one thing that everyone needs to understand is that the two sides that are in control of this (Owners and Players) WANT to have the season.  There is so much revenue and the players need/want their salaries.  It isn't like baseball where there are 162 games to generate revenue from attendance so even if the average NFL team has 15% capacity and forces masks (which should make for some funny sounds), they will still generate massive TV revenues.

If there is a player with an immune disease that has legitimate fears of complications from the virus, then he will be able sit the season out and there will have to be some kind of small settlement for him.  

The interesting thing will be how when a team has an infected individual, even asymptomatic, is how long they will be forced to sit out.  I'm guessing two weeks.  The team that has the most mature, dedicated, and protective conditions around their players will win it all this year.  If you have Piggy going to bars when he is out of town, he and a lot of his guys will get the virus and forfeit a portion of their season.  

The sad thing is it will only take one guy being selfish during the season to infect some of his teammates.  For their salaries, and to make it work this year, they are going to have to be extremely careful and just live like monks during the season.  

All that being said, I do believe there will be a season in the NFL.  College I am not so sure.  
(06-26-2020, 09:03 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I understand everyone's lack of optimism here, but the one thing that everyone needs to understand is that the two sides that are in control of this (Owners and Players) WANT to have the season.  There is so much revenue and the players need/want their salaries.  It isn't like baseball where there are 162 games to generate revenue from attendance so even if the average NFL team has 15% capacity and forces masks (which should make for some funny sounds), they will still generate massive TV revenues.

If there is a player with an immune disease that has legitimate fears of complications from the virus, then he will be able sit the season out and there will have to be some kind of small settlement for him.  

The interesting thing will be how when a team has an infected individual, even asymptomatic, is how long they will be forced to sit out.  I'm guessing two weeks.  The team that has the most mature, dedicated, and protective conditions around their players will win it all this year.  If you have Piggy going to bars when he is out of town, he and a lot of his guys will get the virus and forfeit a portion of their season.  

The sad thing is it will only take one guy being selfish during the season to infect some of his teammates.  For their salaries, and to make it work this year, they are going to have to be extremely careful and just live like monks during the season.  

All that being said, I do believe there will be a season in the NFL.  College I am not so sure.  

You had me saying maybe until you said had to be monks. Football players will never live like monks. They are risk takers.

(06-26-2020, 09:38 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: You had me saying maybe until you said had to be monks. Football players will never live like monks. They are risk takers.

You might be surprised what someone will do for millions of dollars.  Then again, how many times do we see guys throw it away?
(06-26-2020, 10:06 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: You might be surprised what someone will do for millions of dollars.  Then again, how many times do we see guys throw it away?

I'm pretty sure we've never heard a monk say YOLO  Hilarious
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

As I've been saying since March, there will 100% be a season this year; there is simply way too much money at stake and, like Racer said, people want to get paid.

Especially since they just procured extra advertising for the bottom row of each stadium, that will generate at least 500 mil- 1 bil of extra revenue (I'd have to think).

No way in hell it won't happen.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
(06-25-2020, 06:35 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Well, looks like TC's will go on as scheduled. I am surprised. Players are stuck between a rock and a hard place. They need to be ready in less than 30 days for camp while some experts are saying do not work out together.
https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-informs-teams-training-camp-to-open-as-scheduled

Brady sent the Roosevelt quote after being called out for working out with teammates.

https://www.nfl.com/news/tom-brady-on-instagram-only-thing-we-have-to-fear-is-fear-itself

I am with Brady on this one. But, likely these healthy young athletes with get the virus, so I hope if so they keep in mind the elderly and the vulnerable as we all should do if diagnosed with it.

Only thing we have to fear is fear itself. Great quote and I read it as don't ever let fear overtake your freedom to live and enjoy life.

Lovin' it, Luvnit. Cool

With Tom on this as well, we need some damn football. Rock On
(06-26-2020, 09:03 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I understand everyone's lack of optimism here, but the one thing that everyone needs to understand is that the two sides that are in control of this (Owners and Players) WANT to have the season.  There is so much revenue and the players need/want their salaries.  It isn't like baseball where there are 162 games to generate revenue from attendance so even if the average NFL team has 15% capacity and forces masks (which should make for some funny sounds), they will still generate massive TV revenues.

Great post buddy, well said, feel the same. Love how Taylor and company went and got stand up individuals this Offseason
in Free Agency and in the Draft. We might have a better chance at the whole enchilada the more I think about what you say
here. We went out and got unselfish guys and added them to our already unselfish guys.
NFL will play this year. Players have helmets, can wear masks, can wear gloves. Now, the stadiums may be empty but the games will march on.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

(06-26-2020, 12:24 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Great post buddy, well said, feel the same. Love how Taylor and company went and got stand up individuals this Offseason
in Free Agency and in the Draft. We might have a better chance at the whole enchilada the more I think about what you say
here. We went out and got unselfish guys and added them to our already unselfish guys.

Well, that's one way for the Bengals to win the Super Bowl. They could be the last ones standing... LOL
(06-25-2020, 06:35 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Brady sent the Roosevelt quote after being called out for working out with teammates.

I am a big fan of FDR, but this has to be one of the dumbest and most misusued quotes ever.

Fear is what has kept most of us alive and allowed humans to advance.  People with no fear usually die young.
(06-26-2020, 01:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am a big fan of FDR, but this has to be one of the dumbest and most misusued quotes ever.

Fear is what has kept most of us alive and allowed humans to advance.  People with no fear usually die young.

Or, in stupid/preventable/fluke ways.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
(06-26-2020, 02:25 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Or, in stupid/preventable/fluke ways.

There's fear. Then there's respect.
Some say respect is a little bit of fear.
I can respect the busy street I'm going to cross and not be afraid of it.
I respect the virus and it's consequences,  and try to protect others (wear a mask), but I'm not going to live in a state of fear or panic.
So what I think FDR was referring to was unhealthy  levels of fear. Paralysing fear. 
Go Benton Panthers!!