Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looks like Chad Johnson is back in the NFL
Agreed

(07-12-2016, 05:48 PM)jason Wrote: I have this funny feeling that the Browns will make some noise this year. I could see them with 7 wins if they get a bounce or two.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2016, 08:42 AM)Whacked Wrote: Agreed

The AFCN will be scary.

Reply/Quote
(07-12-2016, 04:29 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I love Chad and what he did for the city, but is the distraction that he carries along with him really worth it?

What distraction would that be? He's just going to help the WR's run routes. Its not like he's going to be doing endzone dances or wearing any yellow jackets.

Frankly Cleveland could use the distraction from what a dreadful organization they really are.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2016, 09:33 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: What distraction would that be? He's just going to help the WR's run routes. Its not like he's going to be doing endzone dances or wearing any yellow jackets.

Frankly Cleveland could use the distraction from what a dreadful organization they really are.

chad is an expert at learn routes and playbooks right?
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2016, 02:14 AM)RASCAL Wrote: guaranteed to disappear in big games!

Will all of the Bengals be working with the Cleveland receivers?

(Drum roll and cymbal crash).

Thank you. You've been great. I'll be at the Improv Thursday night. Don't forget to tip your waitress.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2016, 08:10 AM)JungleGal50 Wrote: I thought his response to being asked on Twitter "if he had ever asked Marvin Lewis to help coach" was pretty funny!

http://local12.com/sports/bengals/hue-jackson-reportedly-offers-chad-johnson-chance-to-help-coach-in-camp

All in all though.....I wish him nothing but the best.  Always Liked Chad......he can be over-the-top eccentric sometimes.....but he always
had a good heart.

Yup

Quote:"I wasn't even allowed in the locker room when I came back, I doubt I'm welcome as a coach."

Nobody from that period, (Whitworth, Peko, Leon, etc...) wanted him in the locker room. That would have been a step backward as far as the culture and chemistry of this team.

Chad had the talent to be a first ballot HOF WR. For a couple of years, he had those kinds of numbers. Had he kept his focus on the game and not his off-the-field ambitions, I'm convinced we could have won a Super Bowl. But it's just a game, so I'm not mad or anything. Chad gave us all alot of good times, with or without a ring.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Prepare for the smack talk he will sling at Cincinnati when the game approaches.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Maybe Chad will teach Gordon how to only get high off of attention ?
Ninja
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2016, 08:42 AM)Whacked Wrote: Agreed

Jason: "I have this funny feeling that the Browns will make some noise this year. I could see them with 7 wins if they get a bounce or two."

Sig bet?  Mellow

The Browns will be re-building for at least a couple of seasons...I just hope they allow Hue to help them rebuild and not can him after two seasons. 

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2016, 01:32 AM)CINwillWIN Wrote: Jason: "I have this funny feeling that the Browns will make some noise this year. I could see them with 7 wins if they get a bounce or two."

Sig bet?  Mellow

The Browns will be re-building for at least a couple of seasons...I just hope they allow Hue to help them rebuild and not can him after two seasons. 

I'm sure they told him he'd get all the time he needed...just like they probably told his predecessors.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(07-13-2016, 11:07 AM)jason Wrote: Will all of the Bengals be working with the Cleveland receivers?

(Drum roll and cymbal crash).

Thank you. You've been great. I'll be at the Improv Thursday night. Don't forget to tip your waitress.

birds chirping is all you here!

Reply/Quote
(07-12-2016, 04:35 PM)jason Wrote: Cleveland's WRs will struggle blocking down field. Their TD celebrations will be 2nd to none though.

rep
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2016, 12:34 PM)Shady Wrote: Yup

Nobody from that period, (Whitworth, Peko, Leon, etc...) wanted him in the locker room. That would have been a step backward as far as the culture and chemistry of this team.

Chad had the talent to be a first ballot HOF WR. For a couple of years, he had those kinds of numbers. Had he kept his focus on the game and not his off-the-field ambitions, I'm convinced we could have won a Super Bowl. But it's just a game, so I'm not mad or anything. Chad gave us all alot of good times, with or without a ring.

Don't know if we would have won a Super Bowl, but Chad could have put up Hall of Fame numbers if he had focused on his play instead of all the off-field bull crap.

Look at his numbers before '07.

'04...1274 yds
'05...1432
'06...1369
'07...1440

But during the '07 season things go bad and Paul Daugherty writes a story blaming Chad. Some fans also turn against Chad. Chad gets upset that Marvin is not more supportive. He changes his name to Ochocinco" and goes all over the national media trying to cry his way out of Cincinnati. He later admits that he did not lift at any time during that offseason.

Now look at the career of "OchoCinco"

'08... 540 yds
'09...1047
'10... 831
'11... 276
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2016, 01:32 AM)CINwillWIN Wrote: Jason: "I have this funny feeling that the Browns will make some noise this year. I could see them with 7 wins if they get a bounce or two."

Sig bet?  Mellow

Nah.

I'm not adamant about it. It's just a hunch. The Raiders had been awful for a decade. Hue had them in the hunt until Campbell went down. I think he can resurrect RG III's career. If he can get Duke Johnson going out of the back field, and if one of these WRs pan out, they can win some games. I don't think they are playoff contenders, but I think they can win some games. I'm really just betting on the coaching change. They finally got it right.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Not gonna lie... Im a little miffed. Would rather have him come here for camps, but I get it Hue's his boy, and Chad and Marvin didn't always get along.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2016, 02:14 AM)RASCAL Wrote: guaranteed to disappear in big games!

This was a myth.

I lost all the research I did when the old board shut down. But if you look at all the games Chad played against winning teams he had a ton of big games.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2016, 11:07 AM)jason Wrote: Nah.

I'm not adamant about it. It's just a hunch. The Raiders had been awful for a decade. Hue had them in the hunt  until Campbell went down. I think he can resurrect RG III's career. If he can get Duke Johnson going out of the back field, and if one of these WRs pan out, they can win some games. I don't think they are playoff contenders, but I think they can win some games. I'm really just betting on the coaching change. They finally got it right.

Hue would have made the playoffs with JC and rusty CP if the Bears' backup RB would have stayed in bounds on a single run play against the Broncos and held on to win.  Hue had a top 10 offense that featured those 2 QBs, WRs that weren't starters by any means, and Michael Bush replacing McFadden for most of the year.

In all fairness, Hue has made chicken salad with chicken crap before so he's in the right place...because them Browns is crap.  He could get them 6 wins in year one.

As for Chad, I feel like there is a negative response to this no matter how you slice it.

Coaching for the Browns? Traitor.
Wouldn't take a job with the Browns? Entitled diva who thinks he's above the position.
Talks smack? Big mouthed diva.
Keeps his mouth closed? Doesn't care. Just there to collect a paycheck.

and so on and so forth. I'm not saying people should love the guy, but you have to admit it's super easy to just spin anything he does in a negative manner.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2016, 12:57 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Hue would have made the playoffs with JC and rusty CP if the Bears' backup RB would have stayed in bounds on a single run play against the Broncos and held on to win.  Hue had a top 10 offense that featured those 2 QBs, WRs that weren't starters by any means, and Michael Bush replacing McFadden for most of the year.

In all fairness, Hue has made chicken salad with chicken crap before so he's in the right place...because them Browns is crap.  He could get them 6 wins in year one.

As for Chad, I feel like there is a negative response to this no matter how you slice it.

Coaching for the Browns? Traitor.
Wouldn't take a job with the Browns? Entitled diva who thinks he's above the position.
Talks smack? Big mouthed diva.
Keeps his mouth closed? Doesn't care. Just there to collect a paycheck.

and so on and so forth. I'm not saying people should love the guy, but you have to admit it's super easy to just spin anything he does in a negative manner.

Yeah. Wasn't Denarius Moore their top WR that year?

I'm happy for Chad. A man's gotta work. He obviously loves football. Good for him. Good for Hue as well. Obviously, I'd have preferred he ended up in the NFC, but whatever. I was just shocked he took that job because I feel like the Raiders gave him a raw deal. The Browns organization has acted the same way the last 15 years or so. I figured he had learned his lesson about dysfunctional management, but we shall see.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2016, 11:17 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Not gonna lie... Im a little miffed. Would rather have him come here for camps, but I get it Hue's his boy, and Chad and Marvin didn't always get along.

The Bengals just fear Chad's locker room antics. It's rumored that Marvin isn't the only one who's worried at what Chad would do in the locker room.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2016, 04:35 PM)jason Wrote: Cleveland's WRs will struggle blocking down field. Their TD celebrations will be 2nd to none though.

Meh. Many of the most talented NFL WRs aren't the best blockers. We need look no further than our current #1 guy. Both are/were fantastic players though.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote