Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looks like Le'Veon....lied?
Oh no!

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/le%e2%80%99veon-bell-admits-he-knew-about-missed-drug-test-lied-to-media/ar-BBv1Eii?li=BBnbfcL
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
[Image: 200_s.gif]
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2016, 02:18 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: [Image: 200_s.gif]

Big whoop, he lied to the media. Our politicians do it everyday. Wake me up when he lies to the NFL. Until then this about sums this story up...

Reply/Quote
(07-29-2016, 02:33 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Big whoop, he lied to the media. Our politicians do it everyday. Wake me up when he lies to the NFL. Until then this about sums this story up...

Yeah, you're right, this doesn't look suspicious one bit.  
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2016, 02:33 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Big whoop, he lied to the media. Our politicians do it everyday. Wake me up when he lies to the NFL. Until then this about sums this story up...

Nice deflection!  Whatever takes the focus off of your team's doper running back, right?

Funny story.  One of the project managers in my office is a big Steelers fan.  Before our usual Monday morning team meeting, I stroll past his office singing For Whom the Bell Tolls.  Typically eager to engage in talking some smack, he could only drop his head and push his door shut.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2016, 04:16 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Nice deflection!  Whatever takes the focus off of your team's doper running back, right?

Funny story.  One of the project managers in my office is a big Steelers fan.  Before our usual Monday morning team meeting, I stroll past his office singing For Whom the Bell Tolls.  Typically eager to engage in talking some smack, he could only drop his head and push his door shut.

I don't a single fan personally who is happy with this situation at all.  Basically we're holding out to see if he gets suspended and if the appeal does any good.

Not to say the delusional ones aren't out there.  Some in complete denial and others who think he should be cut and executed.  Not necessarily in that order.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2016, 04:26 PM)GMDino Wrote: I don't a single fan personally who is happy with this situation at all.  Basically we're holding out to see if he gets suspended and if the appeal does any good.

Not to say the delusional ones aren't out there.  Some in complete denial and others who think he should be cut and executed.  Not necessarily in that order.

He missed multiple tests, you think he won't be suspended, especially with his history, and YOU'RE calling other Steelers fans delusional?!

You can always count on Steelers fans for a good laugh  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote

Agreed.

Whose business is it to know anyway? What do you want him to do, tell us his life story?

I wouldn't have outright denied it, but I wouldn't confirm it either. I'd just tell the media to **** off.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2016, 04:35 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: He missed multiple tests, you think he won't be suspended, especially with his history, and YOU'RE calling other Steelers fans delusional?!

You can always count on Steelers fans for a good laugh  ThumbsUp

Hi Brad.

Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
I don't really care if he lied, or did drugs, as long as the suspension stands if they find he did. Burfict appealed his suspension and was denied. I hope the NFL shows the same consistency when it comes to bell.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2016, 05:19 PM)Beaker Wrote: I don't really care if he lied, or did drugs, as long as the suspension stands if they find he did. Burfict appealed his suspension and was denied. I hope the NFL shows the same consistency when it comes to bell.

If all of this is true and they don't, it will be very hard to take this league seriously anymore. Rules are rules no matter who you are.

Reply/Quote
(07-29-2016, 05:19 PM)Beaker Wrote: I don't really care if he lied, or did drugs, as long as the suspension stands if they find he did. Burfict appealed his suspension and was denied. I hope the NFL shows the same consistency when it comes to bell.

One would think that the suspension would stick, even as a token move to disprove what the one NFL executive admitted to the Steelers getting preferential treatment.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
One time I'd love to see the NFL increase a suspension on appeal. Not necessarily this one, but on any. Right now nothing is risked if you appeal. Just once: "We did look and your appeal and decided it should be 6 games. Wanna appeal that?"
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-29-2016, 05:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: One time I'd love to see the NFL increase a suspension on appeal. Not necessarily this one, but on any. Right now nothing is risked if you appeal. Just once: "We did look and your appeal  and decided it should be 6 games. Wanna appeal that?"

I doubt the NFLPA would go for that
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2016, 05:13 PM)GMDino Wrote: Hi Brad.

Mellow

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2016, 05:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: One time I'd love to see the NFL increase a suspension on appeal. Not necessarily this one, but on any. Right now nothing is risked if you appeal. Just once: "We did look and your appeal  and decided it should be 6 games. Wanna appeal that?"
I LIKE it!

It's like 'throwing the challenge flag', if you don't win the challenge, you lose a valuable time out.

So in this case, again, I like this notion, if it gets players/owners/people involved to stop appealing the obvious and wasting everyone(s) time in a case that should not even be appealed, rules are rules. Face your consequences. 

"STOP BREAKING THE LAW LeVEON!!"
[Image: 23b7ebb9a5c6be023b0fafb6083550ba.jpg]

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2016, 01:43 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Oh no!

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/le%e2%80%99veon-bell-admits-he-knew-about-missed-drug-test-lied-to-media/ar-BBv1Eii?li=BBnbfcL

On a side note, shouldn't this put to rest to conspiracy theory that the league favors the Steelers by scheduling the first Steelers/Bengals game during Burfict's suspension? If this article is true then the league knew about Bell's suspension a month before the schedule came out. I seem to remember a lot of talk about how unfair it was to Cincinnati. Hmmmm  Smirk  

I guess it's time to cue the new conspiracy theory.....This is why Burfict's suspension was upheld.
(some of you people are soooo predictable)
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2016, 12:57 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: On a side note, shouldn't this put to rest to conspiracy theory that the league favors the Steelers by scheduling the first Steelers/Bengals game during Burfict's suspension? If this article is true then the league knew about Bell's suspension a month before the schedule came out. I seem to remember a lot of talk about how unfair it was to Cincinnati. Hmmmm  Smirk  

I guess it's time to cue the new conspiracy theory.....This is why Burfict's suspension was upheld.
(some of you people are soooo predictable)

And for those of you who actually will go this route, Burfict's suspension was upheld on February 11th, well before the NFL knew about Bells missed tests. 
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2016, 02:18 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: [Image: 200_s.gif]

If you want a thread in smack to take off, try placing actual smack in OP.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2016, 01:51 PM)6andcounting Wrote: If you want a thread in smack to take off, try placing actual smack in OP.

Is that what passes for a pet in Pittsburgh?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote