Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looks like Ross is playing this week
He better not fumble as a result of a perfect hit bah gawd!
Reply/Quote
I'm still waiting for the announcement of Ross's shoe tying injury before the game.  Right index finger knotted to left shoe, an unforeseen injury that may have him on injured reserve the rest of his rookie season. 
For God's sake don't let him tie his own shoes! 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Worst coach in the NFL is a legit possibility:

Reply/Quote
Unbelievable.....remember that’s a 1st round pick.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2017, 05:42 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Worst coach in the NFL is a legit possibility:

How! How did nobody ask this incompetent putz why!? I would love to hear his reasoning
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2017, 05:52 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: How! How did nobody ask this incompetent putz why!? I would love to hear his reasoning

As much as I want to rag on Marvin, it's possibly Ross just isn't good enough to warrant being shoehorned into the offense.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2017, 05:55 PM)Nately120 Wrote: As much as I want to rag on Marvin, it's possibly Ross just isn't good enough to warrant being shoehorned into the offense.

Literally no one else is either. 
Even if he's not "good enough" he is good enough simply by not being the trash we've been running out there for 7 games.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2017, 05:55 PM)Nately120 Wrote: As much as I want to rag on Marvin, it's possibly Ross just isn't good enough to warrant being shoehorned into the offense.

TY Hilton as a rookie just ran really fast down the field. If he can’t at least do that then Marvin should be fired for drafting him.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2017, 05:57 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Literally no one else is either. 
Even if he's not "good enough" he is good enough simply by not being the trash we've been running out there for 7 games.

Lafell and Malone both did something today.  Are we in a position to bench guys who do something in order to play a guy who does nothing?  
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2017, 05:59 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Lafell and Malone both did something today.  Are we in a position to bench guys who do something in order to play a guy who does nothing?  

He only does nothing because Marvin won’t play him. Can’t contribute if you’re not sent on the field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

If that's his reasoning then I'd love to hear him say it. But this entire Ross debacle is just so damn strange, I feel like something more is going on here. It reminds me a lot of the Tommy Tuberville/Gunner Kiel debacle from last year (those who follow UC football know what I'm talking about).

The phantom injury, the refusal to play him even when he's dressed, skimping over the subject in press conferences...

I'm already 90% sure Ross wasn't actually injured, I'd just like to know why Marv refuses to put Ross in for even a play or two. 
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2017, 06:02 PM)ochocincos Wrote: He only does nothing because Marvin won’t play him. Can’t contribute if you’re not sent on the field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do we know this?  Again, not to give Marvin undue credit, but what evidence do we have that Ross is a sure-fire ticket to success that Marvin Lewis is simply too stupid or too insane to take advantage of?

(10-29-2017, 06:02 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: If that's his reasoning then I'd love to hear him say it. But this entire Ross debacle is just so damn strange, I feel like something more is going on here. It reminds me a lot of the Tommy Tuberville/Gunner Kiel debacle from last year (those who follow UC football know what I'm talking about).

The phantom injury, the refusal to play him even when he's dressed, skimping over the subject in press conferences...

I'm already 90% sure Ross wasn't actually injured, I'd just like to know why Marv refuses to put Ross in for even a play or two. 

I'm just assuming the guy is a combo of injured and not ready.  That doesn't seem too hard to believe, honestly.
Reply/Quote
Marv said Ross only dressed because Core was inactive, and he wasn't part of the game-plan.

But Boyd was inactive too, so he (Boyd) must really be in their doghouse.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2017, 06:08 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Marv said Ross only dressed because Core was inactive, and he wasn't part of the game-plan.

But Boyd was inactive too, so he (Boyd) must really be in their doghouse.

For the last time people, BOYD IS INJURED. It came out he has a sprained MCL weeks ago. Good God people, you all and your conspiracy theories. 

And since when has Marvin ever been credited with making smart personnel decisions? That dude's the oldest old school coach out there. He's like the baseball coach that thinks sabermetrics is podunk.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2017, 05:59 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Lafell and Malone both did something today.  Are we in a position to bench guys who do something in order to play a guy who does nothing?  

Malone, did something on a broken play. it was nice but he's still done "nothing" as he's dressed in 2 games despite being healthy.

Yes, Lafell did a lot today. He ran backwards on 2nd down costing us 3 yards that then would have given us a free first down when the Colts committed a 5 yard penalty but instead just a shorter fourth down. He also carried the ball like a loaf of bread swinging it in the breeze to have it knocked out and luckily the Colts player goofed and stepped out before securing it. 
Wow. Such talent. That doesn't even go into the litany of missed/bad blocks the dude has. 

The misuse of Ross is absurd. You invested top 10 capital in him. USE HIM. 
Reply/Quote
I'm so happy that Marvin allowed Ross to dress for this game AND made sure he was not a part of the gameplan. Like at all. The use of 1st round draft picks is incredible. Marvin really knows how to get the most out of them. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2017, 06:21 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: I'm so happy that Marvin allowed Ross to dress for this game AND made sure he was not a part of the gameplan. Like at all. The use of 1st round draft picks is incredible. Marvin really knows how to get the most out of them. Ninja

Ross must not look good in practice is all I can think. He must look quite bad for this treatment.

It's looking like Jerome Simpson part II.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2017, 06:04 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Do we know this?  Again, not to give Marvin undue credit, but what evidence do we have that Ross is a sure-fire ticket to success that Marvin Lewis is simply too stupid or too insane to take advantage of?

I'm just assuming the guy is a combo of injured and not ready.  That doesn't seem too hard to believe, honestly.

This^^

He's only had a handful of practices the entire year, so he is not ready to take on a roll in games yet.  Still, you need to have a 5th receiver dressed in the event of injury, so it was basically a requirement he dress with both Boyd and Core out.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2017, 06:23 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: This^^

He's only had a handful of practices the entire year, so he is not ready to take on a roll in games yet.  Still, you need to have a 5th receiver dressed in the event of injury, so it was basically a requirement he dress with both Boyd and Core out.

Irrelevant. 
When your offense has been this bad with Lafell and the rest, you give the one guy who hasn't had his chance a shot. 
Denying that because of your own ego/pride/silly high school style rules is bullshit and detrimental to the team
Reply/Quote
He must be monumentaly bad in practice to warrant not being part of the gameplan. Which in all honesty, isnt that surprising given the first round busts this team has been drafting the last 5 years.

Im really not expecting Ross to contribute much for this team. Whoever mentioned jerome simpson was on the money. It seems like a fair comparison seeing as how it took simpson a very long time to see the field. And when he finally did, he was mediocre at best(save for the td flip)
Reply/Quote