Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Looks like no second bite of the Apple.
Eli appears to be gone. I wish him luck.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2023/07/30/miami-adds-eli-apple-cincinnati-starting-cornerback-for-two-seasons/70493880007/?fbclid=IwAR0Kv2totPArPhe6HMvux1UdhuZnozvRIjwhpRRwkRX8AaNm2-8EJMeBGsQ
Reply/Quote
It seems they're happy with the rookies and newer guys.

I would have liked to have had him back as insurance.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I’m devastated
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2023, 12:18 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: It seems they're happy with the rookies and newer guys.

I would have liked to have had him back as insurance.

Bengals used top picks on DB's in 2022, so those top pick DB's are no longer rookies, and my guess is coaches like their 2022 top picks DB's.  Why they felt they could part ways with some high priced free agent DB's.   

Apple got bashed by many on this site for poor play, and maybe coaches agreed.  

Bengals Fans will see more of all the top pick DB's taken in 2022, and they are no longer rookies.  They could be ready to be good NFL DB's. The DB cupboard is not as empty as Ravens, Steelers and Browns would like to think.  The Bengals D Coordinator will have a tough D as always.  They did indeed draft a few years to replace the DB's who left this off season.  Bengals have been stocking up for this. 

It came down to making Bates one of the highest paid safeties in NFL, but breaking up the offense. OK, we lost some DB's, but DB's have been taken high in last few drafts, and instead of Bates, Bengals still have Chase, Higgins, Boyd, Mixon, Burrow. We have a great D Coordinator and Bengals have been drafting DB's last few years, so The D should remain Super Bowl form.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote