Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looks like we finally found a decent number 4 receiver
When I see Irwin having success in the offense sans Higgins, it makes me believe that Joe (or at least the full-strength version of Joe) will be just fine without 2-3 all world pass catchers in the offense.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2023, 08:24 PM)jason Wrote: He's got a "good motor".

(10-09-2023, 08:27 PM)samhain Wrote: And he's gritty.

(10-09-2023, 08:27 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Real gym rat.

and is a sneaky athletic.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Boyd looks fine to me.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2023, 08:29 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Irwin is alright as a possession receiver. As we all witnessed, he just doesn't have the wheels to be a deep threat, as evidenced by him not being able to get under that deep ball that Burrow laid out there for him.

He obviously doesn’t have the speed of chase or Higgens. But you could also say burrow over threw him. I think bengals play better without Tee, in the games last year and then yesterday.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2023, 08:24 PM)jason Wrote: He's got a "good motor".

(10-09-2023, 08:27 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Real gym rat.

(10-09-2023, 08:30 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: and is sneaky athletic.

Showing my age here . . . a possession receiver.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2023, 10:37 PM)Cosmokramer Wrote: He obviously doesn’t have the speed of chase or Higgens. But you could also say burrow over threw him. I think bengals play better without Tee, in the games last year and then yesterday.

It only looked overthrown because Irwin slowed up a bit. It would have been 6 if he hadn’t.

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2023, 07:12 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: That is why we drafted Iosivas. 

And why Jackson is on the PS. 

Next year If Jackson makes the 53 if we tag or sign Tee we could have Tee and Yoshi on the outside Chase and Sizzle in slots sprinkle in Jackson speed utility. The younger guys just need reps this year Sizzle and Yoshi so they hit the road full speed next year.
Reply/Quote
When Sizzle comes back from injury it would be nice to see him concentrate on slot and Irwin keep the punt return job as long as Irwin is doing good like now. Irwin seems more durable at this point being in the pros a few years as opposed to a rookie.

Sizzle is more explosive but he can still get reps there just not all the reps.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2023, 10:05 AM)Whatever Wrote: As a backup for Higgins, Irwin did what he needed to do, which is move the chains when his number was called.  He had a nice outing.

Agree, and thought he blocked well on those WR screens to Chase. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2023, 03:22 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: When Sizzle comes back from injury it would be nice to see him concentrate on slot and Irwin keep the punt return job as long as Irwin is doing good like now. Irwin seems more durable at this point being in the pros a few years as opposed to a rookie.

Sizzle is more explosive but he can still get reps there just not all the reps.

There is no reason to take Jones out of the PR duties. IIRC he was injured as the WR not PR.

It’s not as if he did a lot yet as a WR. Need the most explosion on PR that we can get and he gives that to us over Irwin.
Reply/Quote
Irwin strikes me as the kind of guy who could slice open his hand in an industrial accident and be right back to work soon as it's sewn up. I've had to do that a few times..Definitely not fun at the time.. LOL 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I like Irwin.
He's solid.
I do think Iosivas has more potential from a size/speed/athleticism perspective, but Irwin is further along right now.
Irwin is set to hit FA after this season.
Hope he's retained.
Only reason I could see him not being retained is him wanting to go to a team that gives him better opportunity.
Although he might have plenty of opportunity if Higgins leaves in FA along with Boyd.
Chase and Irwin outside with Jones in the slot?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2023, 07:55 AM)grampahol Wrote: Irwin strikes me as the kind of guy who could slice open his hand in an industrial accident and be right back to work soon as it's sewn up. I've had to do that a few times..Definitely not fun at the time.. LOL 

Not only that... He'd refuse to go seek medical attention until his wife drove him there after he finished his shift.

And drank 5 beers with the boys.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote