Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Los Angeles Rams
Woot welcome home to the Rams.   NFL finally righting a horrible wrong.  

Chargers have 1 year to decide to join them or the raiders get preference.  

Raiders get additonal loan money to help find an Oakland stadium.

San Diego has a year to pass a stadium if Spanos lets them vote.
Reply/Quote
[Image: 1917564_769568479842067_5151079650151491...e=570F7327]
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
LA Rams is what I recall in the days of Dickerson. St. Louis is not a football town and the Rams figured it out. Chargers will probably move to LA and Oakland will build a new stadium.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Watch the Raiders move to St Louis.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Really it should only be the Rams in LA.

and St Louis doesn't deserve a football team. It's not a pro football town. They have the Chiefs
Reply/Quote
Do they automatically get to stay the Rams?

Hope they go back to the old uniforms too.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 12:46 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: Do they automatically get to stay the Rams?

Hope they go back to the old uniforms too.

Why wouldn't they be the Rams?
Reply/Quote
Glad the Rams are back where they belong (or where they were when I was growing up anfd becoming an NFL fan, which is what counts). If the NFL really wants them to succeed, I don't understand the prospect of a second team sharing the stadium with them. After twenty years of nothing isn't one team in LA enough? Let them have the town to themselves.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I think the NFL wants it to be just them. The Chargers were just thrown a bone but I think it will be on Kroenke's terms.

The idea is that Spanos works it out with San Diego and no one joins the Rams so there is only 2 teams in so cal.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 01:49 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Why wouldn't they be the Rams?

I'm not exactly up to speed on relocation rules. Oilers and Browns changed, but I guess that's because they were new franchises? 

Just curious. 
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 11:17 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: I'm not exactly up to speed on relocation rules. Oilers and Browns changed, but I guess that's because they were new franchises? 

Just curious. 

If memory serves the Oilers wanted to change their names and the NFL kept the Browns name in Cleveland for the expansion franchise.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 11:44 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: If memory serves the Oilers wanted to change their names and the NFL kept the Browns name in Cleveland for the expansion franchise.

Yeah that's when that ridiculous mayor of Cleveland threatened to file a lawsuit over the name, colors and history of the team. Because he needed a win after losing the team. The oilers didn't make sense in Tennessee and I believe Adams wouldn't release the name for the new Houston franchise. Or something like that ...
Reply/Quote
Rams were one of the teams on my football game where the field vibrated and the players wondered around everywhere, not quite so realistic but it's what we had to work with.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 02:05 PM)Bengalsrob Wrote: Rams were one of the teams on my football game where the field vibrated and the players wondered around everywhere, not quite so realistic but it's what we had to work with.

My cousin and I found one of those in the attic a few years ago AND this will sound like a tall tale BUT my RB was headed for the endzone uncontested when he turned around on a dime and ran 99 yards backwards to go out of bounds at his own 1 yard line.  It was the best thing ever.

And it was the Rams vs. Steelers from 1979 because my uncle was an LA Rams fan.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 06:44 PM)Nately120 Wrote: My cousin and I found one of those in the attic a few years ago AND this will sound like a tall tale BUT my RB was headed for the endzone uncontested when he turned around on a dime and ran 99 yards backwards to go out of bounds at his own 1 yard line.  It was the best thing ever.

And it was the Rams vs. Steelers from 1979 because my uncle was an LA Rams fan.

I loved that game.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 07:57 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I loved that game.

Any toy that vibrates gets my stamp of approval. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
LA should have a football team. I said that the whole 7 years I lived out there. Some people thought they should just build a stadium at the confluence of the 15 and the 10 and then build a rail system on the median of the 15 that would go all the way from east LA to Vegas. Using Dodger Stadium for football is a horrifying notion because there's only one way in and out.

It's cool that the Rams are coming back and that they will play in the same place they played at during from 46 through 79. They should have at least one game next year where they wear the old uniforms too. The only bad part is they have to play three years at the coliseum and it is broken down and not exactly in the best neighborhood. Extra police on game day?

But when they finally get the stadium built they'd probably have the Super Bowl there every other year.
Reply/Quote
Hopefully they go back to LA colors
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 02:05 PM)Bengalsrob Wrote: Rams were one of the teams on my football game where the field vibrated and the players wondered around everywhere, not quite so realistic but it's what we had to work with.

How about the cotton football?  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 12:53 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Hopefully they go back to LA colors

I knew we'd eventually agree on something.

They also need to bring this back....

Reply/Quote