Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrow
I suspect he wasnt watching the Bengals game, probably watching some other successful QB playing that same time slot. He wants to get better.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 10:42 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: From what I know about Joe Burrow, he is not worrying about what he has gotten himself in to but how he is going to get this team on top.  NO ONE saw what LSU became on offense with him.  NO ONE.  They were a perennial turd on offense that had a strong defense.  He helped changed that entirely.  He will do the same thing here.  

Nothing has changed for him.  He is still on a journey and it won't end without a title.  

That's just it. Burrow thinks he can take this team to the top, but he can't. No 1 player can take this team to the top. Not in football. Maybe in the NBA a Lebron can carry a team.

LSU has been loaded on offense over the years. Absolutely loaded with NFL talent and last years team is no exception.

Maybe IF Burrow was on the 2015 Team, they could have went far into the playoffs.

This team has THE WORST coaching staff in the NFL...by far. We see teams like the Giants improve. The Dolphins last year. And it's largely coaching because they have bad rosters.

Here, we've yet to see marked improvement in 2 years under Zac. And the scary thing is that Zac may get a 3rd year!
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2020, 11:01 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: He knew what the team was like before he came.  I'm sure it's just painful to see them struggle and lose and know he can't even try to help them win.  You develop relationships with the team and get hurt, and I doubt he even feels like his team let him down in any way.  He probably feels like he's letting them down.  If anything, I bet it lights the fire for him to come back strong next year and show what they're missing without him.

I agree...and we may have won Washington, probably NYG, and had a better shot at MIA with number 9 back there.

Burrow has been an underdog most his football life, this is no hill for a climber.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2020, 11:08 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: When rehab starts, he may thinking about forcing a trade.  I know I would be at least considering it.   This stop in Cincinnati could be a career killer.

(12-09-2020, 02:57 AM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: Interesting that if you were a player you'd be considering forcing a trade.  Yet as a "fan" you're sticking around.  

I'm not making a living being a Bengals fan though, even though at times I think we all deserve a free t-shirt or something for sticking around.   Hilarious 
Plus, I love watching Brandon Allen play just to see how much better he is every week!  Smirk

If the Bengals don't make serious moves to try to protect JB, then I'd say "The hell with this team!"
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
Burrow seems like an ultra-competitor who loves a challenge. He's probably asking his agent if he can get traded to the Jets, he's so competitive.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 11:59 AM)Wyche Wrote: I agree...and we may have won Washington, probably NYG, and had a better shot at MIA with number 9 back there.

Burrow has been an underdog most his football life, this is no hill for a climber.

We havent scored a single point in the 3rd quarter since Week 7. Our terrible coaching staff gets outcoached especially in the 2nd half.

Washington was getting home on blitzes. We likely lose that.

And the Giants have been playing well lately.

Dont fall into the trap. We were 2-7-1 with Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 11:01 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We havent scored a single point in the 3rd quarter since Week 7. Our terrible coaching staff gets outcoached especially in the 2nd half.

This screams (al a Merv) 0, zip, nada, not an inkling of any halftime adjustments.

"Let's keep plugging away guys, our game plan is solid"....

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 11:45 PM)JSR18 Wrote: This screams (al a Merv) 0, zip, nada, not an inkling of any halftime adjustments.

"Let's keep plugging away guys, our game plan is solid"....

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Marvin is a much much much better coach than Zac. We seriously could have went 9-7 this year under Marvin and maybe not lost Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2020, 12:29 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Marvin is a much much much better coach than Zac. We seriously could have went 9-7 this year under Marvin and maybe not lost Burrow.

I completely forgot to say WB earlier. 

Six threads on the 1st page already, eh?

:andy:

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2020, 12:29 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Marvin is a much much much better coach than Zac. We seriously could have went 9-7 this year under Marvin and maybe not lost Burrow.

WhoDey2  Can't argue 1 bit. If Marv could have figured out the art of halftime and in game adjustsments, he'd have won a lot more than he did. He'd have prob won some if not most of those playoff games...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 11:01 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We havent scored a single point in the 3rd quarter since Week 7. Our terrible coaching staff gets outcoached especially in the 2nd half.

The Bengals had 277 total yards to Washington's 129 when Burrow got hurt.  I don't know how one can say they "likely lose" that game.

Zac needs to go, though.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2020, 01:37 AM)JSR18 Wrote: WhoDey2  Can't argue 1 bit. If Marv could have figured out the art of halftime and in game adjustsments, he'd have won a lot more than he did. He'd have prob won some if not most of those playoff games...

I think history will show and has shown that Marvin had the most success possible under this organization.

Really ANY COACH other than Marvin has failed miserably.

I think they did make halftime adjustments, but there's only so much you can do when you don't have a capable MLB who can cover a TE or a Center who can block adequately. Teams attacked that over and over.

Man, the Steelers meltdown was the worst though. I went from so excited to just utter despair. In some ways, I think it temporarily broke some of us as fans.

So I'm a Dodgers fan, and they had some World Series disappointment, but kept grinding. And there was the whole Astros and Red Sox cheating thing. But, that is such a professional organization. They kept adding players. Made some changes to get better. And World Series win this year!

The Bengals had that string of 5 playoff runs and they put out Model Model talking about how other teams in the league try to emulate them. Yes, they did well in the regular season, but playoff wins is what it's about! And honestly in the NFL, how many models are there? You can draft players or sign free agents. That's the 2 ways to get players. Each team does a mix. 

It's the talent evaluation and development that differs. We have the lowest amount of scouts in the NFL. No one is copying that. The Patriots and Steelers aren't like...Wow we have way too many scouts. We need to get rid of some.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2020, 10:47 AM)RiverRat13 Wrote: The Bengals had 277 total yards to Washington's 129 when Burrow got hurt.  I don't know how one can say they "likely lose" that game.

Zac needs to go, though.

Yeah they had 277 yards and 9 points. Does something sound off with that?

They also haven't scored in the 3rd quarter since Week 7. Week 7! Teams make adjustments at halftime and totally destroy our team.

How many yards and points did they have in the 1st half against the Colts? And they lost.

And in the 3rd quarter, the blitz was getting home on Burrow which is how he got hurt.

They were 2-7-1 with Burrow. It's very speculative to say with any certainty that they would have won. What they do is lose a variety of ways. Usually different ways each time.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 01:23 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Burrow seems like an ultra-competitor who loves a challenge.  He's probably asking his agent if he can get traded to the Jets, he's so competitive.

He's checking in with Hubbard near daily to see what is going on in the locker room, with the playbooks etc. Doesn't sound like a guy who is out in California checked out and wanting to go to a different team to me.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2020, 04:15 PM)Sled21 Wrote: He's checking in with Hubbard near daily to see what is going on in the locker room, with the playbooks etc. Doesn't sound like a guy who is out in California checked out and wanting to go to a different team to me.

My joke was that if he is really so competitive that he loves setbacks he'd want to be traded to the worst NFL team so he can win it all with them.  Winning it all here is too easy!
Reply/Quote