Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Losing out on 1st pick
I have been a die hard fan for 30 years. I am not sure i could stomach losing out on the 1st pick. I have never rooted for the Bengals to lose, until last week. Not getting the overall 1st pick at this point, would feel like another disappointment in a long line of failures with this franchise. I can already imagine seeing Taylor's stupid face smiling after winning 2 meaningless games. I honestly feel like it is 50/50 they win out. Seems like the media has already awarded the 1st pick to the Bengals. Feels like they will screw it up, as usual.
Reply/Quote
If Mike Brown wants to sell tickets he should be telling Taylor to lose no matter what. To win these last games and miss out on the best QB prospect since Luck would lose a lot of fans, imo. They have one leg out the door already. If Taylor really wants to win these games, hes an idiot plan and simple.
Reply/Quote
I've had a really bad feeling that we will totally arse this up and lose out on the 1st pick.
There is absolutely no point in winning these games, especially the Dolphins game. I would treat this like a pre-season game and give a few of the second string a start
Reply/Quote
I've talked tough on here at times about losing out but it's really hard for me. i was like a kid at Christmas during the Jets game grining ear to ear.

Having said that i'm all in on losing to the Dolphins and in a hot hurry ! like others have said we win these last games and drop to 3rd in the draft it's gonna be a tough pill to swallow.

Surely ZT knows this ?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It's funny that people are so worried about losing the #1 pick.

We're played 14 games...tried to win them all...and won ONCE. Even, if we somehow beat Miami...who is tanking and managed with win 3 games, we've already lost to Cleveland who we would play again. So there's no guarantee we'd beat them.

I'd say odds of us winning the last 2 are fairly low.

And, with our inept management...we all want Burrow, but maybe they pick Herbert at 1 or do something stupid. That could always happen here.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2019, 01:08 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's funny that people are so worried about losing the #1 pick.

We're played 14 games...tried to win them all...and won ONCE. Even, if we somehow beat Miami...who is tanking and managed with win 3 games, we've already lost to Cleveland who we would play again. So there's no guarantee we'd beat them.

And, with our inept management...we all want Burrow, but maybe they pick Herbert at 1 or do something stupid. That could always happen here.

They are favored to win @ the Dolphins. The Browns will have nothing to play for + they are the Browns.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2019, 02:44 AM)WhoDey Wrote: I have been a die hard fan for 30 years. I am not sure i could stomach losing out on the 1st pick. I have never rooted for the Bengals to lose, until last week. Not getting the overall 1st pick at this point, would feel like another disappointment in a long line of failures with this franchise. I can already imagine seeing Taylor's stupid face smiling after winning 2 meaningless games. I honestly feel like it is 50/50 they win out. Seems like the media has already awarded the 1st pick to the Bengals. Feels like they will screw it up, as usual.

I do not believe they will win in Miami,the fins will hammer them.By the third quarter they will be sweating and calling for more Gatorade.Its going to be 75 degrees and humid.They will be done by the third quarter and the fins will win. My opinion.
Reply/Quote
This Burrow shit has gotten out of control. He's had a great year, but he's not the only QB in this draft. If we win out, and "worst case scenario" we pick 3rd and can still get a great player.

I'd love to see the following in stripes:

Tua
Herbert
Young
Thomas
Jeudy
Lamb
ect....
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2019, 07:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This Burrow shit has gotten out of control. He's had a great year, but he's not the only QB in this draft. If we win out, and "worst case scenario" we pick 3rd and can still get a great player.

Tua
Herbert
Young
Thomas
Jeudy
Lamb
ect....

Jeff Okudah...I would love to see Chase Young, Andrew Thomas, Tua Tagovailoa, or Jeff Okudah in stripes.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2019, 07:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This Burrow shit has gotten out of control. He's had a great year, but he's not the only QB in this draft. If we win out, and "worst case scenario" we pick 3rd and can still get a great player.

Tua
Herbert
Young
Thomas
Jeudy
Lamb
ect....

I personally never mentioned Burrow. I want the Bengals to be able to hold the keys to the 1st round 
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2019, 02:44 AM)WhoDey Wrote: I have been a die hard fan for 30 years. I am not sure i could stomach losing out on the 1st pick. I have never rooted for the Bengals to lose, until last week. Not getting the overall 1st pick at this point, would feel like another disappointment in a long line of failures with this franchise. I can already imagine seeing Taylor's stupid face smiling after winning 2 meaningless games. I honestly feel like it is 50/50 they win out. Seems like the media has already awarded the 1st pick to the Bengals. Feels like they will screw it up, as usual.

agreed.  I dunno If I can continue being a fan of an organization that just doesn't care.  It's getting to the point that I'm going to need to find a new team till brown dies.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
No guarantee that the #1 pick will be so much better than the #2 pick, anyway. Safest bet is whomever the Bengals draft will not do well.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2019, 07:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This Burrow shit has gotten out of control.

Try telling that to the Buckeye coaching staff, who allowed him to walk away..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2019, 01:08 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's funny that people are so worried about losing the #1 pick.

Yep. Many, many things can go wrong between now that when the Bengals actually pick in next year's draft.

The history of the Bengals since Mike Brown inherited the team and named himself GM has been pretty dismal, except for the seven or so good Marvin years. Outside of the good Marvin years, the franchise has done pretty much everything wrong that can be done by an NFL team.

So it's not surprising that fans are expecting the next stupid move and the pathetic 2019 off-season and regular season has only reinforced their concerns over what this team will do.

We really can't predict what this team, coaching staff and front office will do between now and the end of the season or with the draft picks they end up getting.

If the obvious correct move is A, the Bengals management by committee will have to meet endlessly to discuss the times they missed on what they thought was the obvious move, and there's a 50/50 chance that they'll talk themselves into move C, D or E, none of which anyone anywhere saw coming. That's how we get picks like Sample and Ross and Akili and the re-signing of Hart and many other moves either made or not made.

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2019, 04:09 PM)WhoDey Wrote: They are favored to win @ the Dolphins. The Browns will have nothing to play for + they are the Browns.

The Browns have 6 wins to our 1, I realize they flopped this year but they have won a lot more games than we have this year.  I realize that we are so used to being disappointed by this team that we assume that when we want to lose they're going to win just to do things wrong, as usual.  With that being said, we have a dunce for a HC, we have no actual OC and so on.

It's possible we win 2 in a row and ruin our losing hopes...reminds me of those old NFL films where they show the Jets stinking all year and fans getting hyped about at least getting to draft OJ Simpson and then the Jets go on a pointless winning streak to wreck the 1st overall pick while the fans are throwing a fit and they get to watch OJ go to the Bills instead.  At least we can't lose Burrow to a division rival, so there is that.
Reply/Quote
I’ll be happy with either Burrow or Young. Feels like a bit of a drop off after that to me.

Reply/Quote
The way I look at “hoping we lose” is no different than some fans not wanting a player cause they will cost too much. So if someone continues to watch the games, it’s tough but we do but wants us to lose for the best interest of the team next year I’m all for it. I agree winning these last two games are meaningless, and never believed in the whole finish the year strong to carry momentum into the new season. We can’t even carry momentum into the second half. So for the best interest of the team please lose today. Take that first pick to grab a QB or use as collateral for more picks. Let’s do this...
Reply/Quote
The very hallmark of bengaldom is eternal optimism that somehow the team will always do the smart thing to ensure the best fan experience possible..
Yup, look up the very term "fan experience and happines" and you'll see a picture of the Brown family cashing checks from the corrupt league offices with thousands of happy fans standing behind them just heaping praise on them. Note the mental imagery of millions of Cincinnatians chipping in to erect that big statue of Mikey looking down lovingly at his adoring fans. 
You don't think I'm just making this up do ya? I wouldn't do that in a million years, but I might do it within the next 3 minutes. I won't live a million years. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Last week I was hoping to beat the patriots just to wipe that dumb, stupid f****** look off all my patriot friends faces (who all conveniently became fans after Brady arrived Whatever ). However, this did not happen. I can’t imagine any true fan cheering for a win today. Lose this week, walk away with the number 1 pick clinched, then crush Cleveland to end the season. Rooting for anything else just doesn’t make sense
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 01:30 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’ll be happy with either Burrow or Young. Feels like a bit of a drop off after that to me.

Young stated two weeks ago that he’s likely going back to college. I have no idea why he would do such a stupid thing and forfeit guaranteed millions (see: Matt Barkley), but hey. It’s his choice.

Would love to have Young but if he’d rather return to Ohio State than become a bengal... well, screw him.
Reply/Quote