Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Loss to Jets could be good for this team
(11-02-2021, 12:38 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Fake News!!!

I think Detroit[How is 0 wins better than 2 wins???], Houston and Jacksonville are far worse than the Jets[Beat the Titans and Bengals].

Well, at the beginning of the season I certainly had the Jets down as the worst team in the league. Sure Detroit proved they are even worse. But come Dec, the Jets will be right there looking for a top 3 pick.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 06:12 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Yeah, a little humble pie could pay dividends for the rest of the season.

I'm not saying that losing is good. I am saying that the Bengals were a let down after manhandling the Ravens and avoiding this is going to be key down the road. Whether the team was feeling invincible after last week's win or they were looking ahead to Cleveland doesn't matter. It resulted in a loss.

A lessor team just showed that if you aren't 100% ready and prepared for the game at hand you are going to lose.

Could be, we are still in a great spot. I think what you said and the 3 road games in a row took a toll on us.
Reply/Quote
The premise of the idea of losing being good for them seems flawed.. I suppose those 2 losses to the 49ers in the superbowls were also good for them? Back in the 80s everyone was thinking, "THIRTY MORE YEARS! These losses will eventually pay off in thirty to forty some odd years!"
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 04:33 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Well, at the beginning of the season I certainly had the Jets down as the worst team in the league. Sure Detroit proved they are even worse. But come Dec, the Jets will be right there looking for a top 3 pick.

The Jets are scheduled to play both Houston and Jacksonville. Must see TV. Popcorn
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 05:51 PM)grampahol Wrote: The premise of the idea of losing being good for them seems flawed.. I suppose those 2 losses to the 49ers in the superbowls were also good for them? Back in the 80s everyone was thinking, "THIRTY MORE YEARS! These losses will eventually pay off in thirty to forty some odd years!"

At THIS point in the season, if a loss gets the team to realize that if they go into a game unprepared they are going to lose no matter how lame the opponent is, then maybe they'll take each game seriously.

Let's face it, the team wasn't prepared.

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 08:00 PM)BengalChris Wrote: At THIS point in the season, if a loss gets the team to realize that if they go into a game unprepared they are going to lose no matter how lame the opponent is, then maybe they'll take each game seriously.

It was obvious. I kept hoping they would snap out of it though, but they couldn't. They couldn't protect the short game.

Reply/Quote
No. Losing to a 1-5 team is never good in any way. Wouldn’t surprise me if this loss compounds to another one
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 01:08 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: maybe Joe B stops talking SB till after the AFCCG game

Well part of the remark was about winning the AFC North, and he’s currently 2-0 against the division.

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 09:33 PM)Housh Wrote: No. Losing to a 1-5 team is never good in any way. Wouldn’t surprise me if this loss compounds to another one

I was assuming they have some pride and are all embarrassed by this loss. Though that may not be the case.

Reply/Quote
Not that I believe it will happen, but what if Mike White leads the Jets to the Lombardy trophy this season? There'd be a lot of teeth gnashing going on around the league.. Cool
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 08:00 PM)BengalChris Wrote: At THIS point in the season, if a loss gets the team to realize that if they go into a game unprepared they are going to lose no matter how lame the opponent is, then maybe they'll take each game seriously.

Agree again with Chris. Didn't think they would overlook the Jets after already playing the Lions but I think they did a bit 
and they got tired being on the road 3 games in a row and couldn't shake out of it. This Stains game will tell us a lot and 
having the bye right after is a damn good thing for us.

(11-02-2021, 08:17 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: It was obvious. I kept hoping they would snap out of it though, but they couldn't. They couldn't protect the short game.

It was a good test actually, more so than I thought it would of been. That Mike White played us better than any QB this
season and Michael Carter is the real deal at RB. Also forgot they had CJ Mosley on Defense and that stout of a DL in the
middle. Luckily we don't have any more of these 3 road game in a row stretches for the rest of the season.

(11-03-2021, 02:20 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I was assuming they have some pride and are all embarrassed by this loss. Though that may not be the case.

With Burrow and company on Offense and Logan Wilson, Von Bell, DJ Reader on Defense I will assume the same.

Highly doubt this team is lacking pride and isn't embarrassed after that loss. 

They will be looking to bounce back against their rival big time at Home. Pretty damn sure on this one.

We played the Stains tough last year with a shit team. We are much better in the trenches this year and all across the board.
Reply/Quote
Meanwhile, the ethereal, powerful Indianapolis Colts are making quick work of the suddenly back to reality NY Jets. 28-10 at halftime; Colts have about 150 rushing yards so far, and Mike "Brady" White hasn't cracked 3 figures yet.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2021, 10:50 PM)iowahwky4cincy Wrote: Meanwhile, the ethereal, powerful Indianapolis Colts are making quick work of the suddenly back to reality NY Jets. 28-10 at halftime; Colts have about 150 rushing yards so far, and Mike "Brady" White hasn't cracked 3 figures yet.

Mike White went out with an injury. Not sure if he came back in (I have the game on in the background), but I know Josh Johnson was out there at one point.

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2021, 10:50 PM)iowahwky4cincy Wrote: Meanwhile, the ethereal, powerful Indianapolis Colts are making quick work of the suddenly back to reality NY Jets. 28-10 at halftime; Colts have about 150 rushing yards so far, and Mike "Brady" White hasn't cracked 3 figures yet.

It was tied when Mike White got hurt and he went out. He actually looked about the same as he did against us. Hitting short passes finding dudes wide open. Josh Johnson has been in since it was 7-7.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2021, 10:55 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Mike White went out with an injury. Not sure if he came back in (I have the game on in the background), but I know Josh Johnson was out there at one point.

He didn't. He played 2 drives and the game was 7-7 when he got hurt. Dude clearly didn't watch the game at all and White continued to look solid during the time he played.

I think this shows how bad our Oline still is though. The RBs are 7 yards downfieldfield before even being touched. Wentz is able to build a campfire before he has to throw the ball. 

The Colts are also a much better team than their record shows. They've lost 2 games in OT, a game by 3 to the Rams, a game to Seattle when they still had Wilson, and Tennessee.
Reply/Quote
42-10 colts in the 3rd over 230 yards rushing. The Bengals should be ashamed...
Reply/Quote
I guarantee that if the Bengals-Jets game had been in Cincinnati, the Bengals win that game.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2021, 11:34 PM)Tony Wrote: 42-10 colts in the 3rd over 230 yards rushing. The Bengaks should be ashamed...

Same could be said about the Colts losing to Baltimore and us beating them 41-17. It’s the NFL. Things happen.
Reply/Quote
Colts over 500 yards and still 10 minutes left..
Reply/Quote
The Jets have had a very productive offensive night. The Colts aren’t stopping much.
Reply/Quote