Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lost. Adrift.
I did not become an NFL fan until I was 10 years old.  That was 1973 and I have seen a little of everything since then.  In fact in just my first 16 years of Bengal fandom I experienced 5 head coaches with 3 of them taking us to the playoffs.  There were back-to-back division titles and back-to-back 4 win seasons.  And, of course, there were 2 Super Bowls.  

Now when I see groups of Bengal fans in their twenties it is strange to think that many of them only know one Bengal head coach.  I can imagine that some of you are feeling a bit dazed and confused.  Lost.  Helpless.  Adrift in uncharted waters with a flaccid rudder.  You're through the looking glass.  Right is left and left is right, but why is up still up?  No one knows.  What is a team with no head coach?  Does it thrash about madly like a decollated chicken spewing blood and madness from its neckstump?  Or does it repose gently with the mew of the lobotomized?  Do we need lightening bolts over the stone towers of Brown Mansion to re-animate it once the new head is attached?

And who is this new head coach?  Marvin is like a bitchy girlfriend who drives you crazy.  You may hate her, but she was still giving it up more often than some of your buddies girls.  Sometimes a comfortable hate seems more appealing than the risk of change.  We could end up with something worse.  Or what if we got lucky and hooked a good one.  He'd drop us in a second soon as any other team came calling.  Then there we would be with the fresh shame dripping down our faces while he leaves us not only unsatisifed but forever tormented by the taste of what could have been.  Again, it is better to live with hate than to be used and tossed aside like a prison salad.

Nothing but questions and fear of the unknown.

Well all I can say is "Stay strong, youngbloods.  Change is natural."

Come writers and critics
Who prophesize with your pen
And keep your eyes wide
The chance won't come again
And don't speak too soon
For the wheel's still in spin
And there's no tellin' who
That it's namin'.
For the loser now
Will be later to win
For the times they are a-changin'.
Reply/Quote
You've obviously re-upped on some high quality herbal buddha again haven't you? Not a bad choice it should be totally legal for any card carrying Bengals fan!
Reply/Quote
Good Lord Fred, I thought you went fishing on your own again!!!
Reply/Quote
Somebody's been into the cough syrup again.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Not sure what to make of this.
Reply/Quote
Classic. LOL

Reply/Quote
Uh...what? Mellow
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
No truer words have ever been muttered.

‘Again, it is better to live with hate than to be used and tossed aside like a prison salad.’
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 12:56 AM)Bengalsrob Wrote: You've obviously re-upped on some high quality herbal buddha again haven't you? Not a bad choice it should be totally legal for any card carrying Bengals fan!

I dunno man back when i smoked the green i cannot ever remember bringing up  "spewing blood" and "madness from its neckstump". The stuff usually put me in a serene frame of mind. Whiskey on the other hand..

Here  Fred, have a played out classic.

Reply/Quote
...And the first ones now will later be last...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 12:05 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Adrift in uncharted waters with a flaccid rudder. 
That's perfectly normal as you age fred. 
Reply/Quote
I heard meth was bad in Tennessee, but I had no idea.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
[Image: 1429339683650.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 02:26 PM)JumboTron Wrote: [Image: 1429339683650.gif]

[Image: quote-your-pain-is-the-breaking-of-the-s...231812.jpg]
Reply/Quote
And now for a relevant musical interlude:

[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I have never met Fred but after reading his posts for so many years. I picture him as a guy with a smart ass Vince Vonn sense of humor that as he was typing this sitting in his smoking jacket with a pipe blazing like Sherlock Holmes he was yelling to his wife. Honey come look at this post I am about to f**k with them bad this time. Then he gives a Marv giggle giggle.
Reply/Quote