Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost revenue
It just occurred to me now that the Bengals just lost 1/8 of their ticket and concession revenue. That’s about 12%. That’s a lot of money to lose. NFL gonna do anything about that? (No I could not keep a straight face when I typed that)
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
plus they win the afc north and may have to play in baltimore lol
Reply/Quote
Yeah, lost a home game (in a season where they already were at 8 home/9 road) and potentially 2 home playoff games (maybe 3). Can't be chump change.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 08:16 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: plus they win the afc north and may have to play in baltimore lol

Yes a home playoff game should be a given seeing as they lost millions through no fault of their own. No other team lost money.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 08:14 PM)michaelsean Wrote: It just occurred to me now that the Bengals just lost 1/8 of their ticket and concession revenue. That’s about 12%. That’s a lot of money to lose. NFL gonna do anything about that?  (No I could not keep a straight face when I typed that)

The NFL Has made a decision on this revenue. There will be a coin flip and whatever team is left standing last get the revenue.

Godell admitted this wasn't the best scenario but ended the conference with "Hey it's the Bengals"
Reply/Quote
How about players losing out on bonuses for hitting certain thresholds in their contract? I don’t know players contract details, but what if Mixon misses out a bonus because he doesn’t hit a certain amount of Carrie’s, yards, tds, etc.

And Burrow needed to throw 12 pass attempts to set a new nfl record for completion %. What if they decide to sit Burrow? He got screwed. Bengals got screwed. Plain and simple. But it is what it is, and I guess it’s time to move on.

I do have a feeling we’re going to look back at this year for decades to come with “what could have been”. Hope I’m wrong. We’re all still saying what if Palmer didn’t blow his knee out…
Reply/Quote
It is not just the team that loses out...every vendor, every hotel, every bar, and every restaurant loses important revenue. The city of Cincinnati, Hamilton County, and Northern Kentucky all lose massive amounts of unrecoverable tax revenue.

I just had an idea, if in the very small chance, the AFC championship game comes down to Buffalo-Kansas City the neutral site should be Cincinnati with all ticket sale money staying in Cincinnati. Both teams play outdoors, we're about halfway between the 2 cities and would be one way to recoup lost revenue for the city and team.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 08:46 PM)pally Wrote: It is not just the team that loses out...every vendor, every hotel, every bar, every restaurant lose important revenue. The city of Cincinnati, Hamilton County, and Northern Kentucky all lose massive amounts of unrecoverable tax revenue

I’ve gone to about 2 or 3 Reds games in Cincinnati. What a beautiful city! I like that outdoor bar and restaurant on the Ohio River right outside of Reds stadium. I was there in 2015.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 08:46 PM)pally Wrote: It is not just the team that loses out...every vendor, every hotel, every bar, every restaurant lose important revenue. The city of Cincinnati, Hamilton County, and Northern Kentucky all lose massive amounts of unrecoverable tax revenue

Not so much because of the cancellation of the game. Certainly if they lose a home playoff game.

Reply/Quote
Bills lost revenue as well playing a game in Detroit this year... it happens, right?
Reply/Quote
I really don't see why the revenue thing should be an issue tbh. The League should simply recompense the Bengals for expected revenue we were due to receive for the Buffalo game. They project these things all the time, so it can't be difficult to find a decent number for. The NFL prints money.
Reply/Quote
Run the score up in every game we play send a message to the NFL that the Bengals will own every stat record in the NFL and put them so far out of reach that they will not be broken till they add 10 more games a year.

This year next year and every year till we start getting the respect they show NY and LA teams.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 08:48 PM)packerbacker Wrote: I’ve gone to about 2 or 3 Reds games in Cincinnati. What a beautiful city! I like that outdoor bar and restaurant on the Ohio River right outside of Reds stadium. I was there in 2015.

Next time go to Mainstrasse in Covington.  Laid back and great bar district.  Cross the bridge 30 min before the game.  Only way to do it.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 08:59 PM)samhain Wrote: Next time go to Mainstrasse in Covington.  Laid back and great bar district.  Cross the bridge 30 min before the game.  Only way to do it.

That’s right across the border right?
Reply/Quote
We also had the worst hotel experience in Cincinnati though attending the Reds Game. You guys ever heard of Garfield Suites?
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 09:07 PM)packerbacker Wrote: That’s right across the border right?

Don’t let those Kentucky hillbillies lure you across the river.

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 09:09 PM)packerbacker Wrote: We also had the worst hotel experience in Cincinnati though attending the Reds Game. You guys ever heard of Garfield Suites?

Yeah but I don’t know anything about it. I like the park that runs down the middle of the street there.

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 09:16 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Yeah but I don’t know anything about it. I like the park that runs down the middle of the street there.

It had Bed bugs there lol.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 09:18 PM)packerbacker Wrote: It had Bed bugs there lol.

Yeah that sucks.

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 09:09 PM)packerbacker Wrote: We also had the worst hotel experience in Cincinnati though attending the Reds Game. You guys ever heard of Garfield Suites?

yep...you learned a hard lesson.  It is closed permanently now and supposed to be converted into apartments.

If you come in for a Bengals game right now the place to stay is the Riverfront Marriott in Covington.  You never know what really big men you might run into in the elevator the night before the game.

I would always recommend Marriott properties for any stay but I'm a bit biased since I worked for them for over 20 years

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote