Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lou
I don’t care what type of injuries we have... why we made the switch to a 3-4 is beyond me. Dunlap has stated as much that he’s much much better in a 4-3. So is our entire personnel... switching to a 3-4 makes next to 0 sense. Also how about we stop playing prevent defense in the last 3 minutes of each half? Thanks. Oh yeah. We have a top rated secondary use that! How many 3rd and 9+ yard completions did we give up Bc we played zone every damn time and they completed it. Our secondary are elite man cover corners! Use it!

Rant over
Reply/Quote
The Bengals still run a base 4-3 with occasional 3-4 "looks."  Yesterday I saw Josh Bynes at MIKE with Germaine Pratt at SAM and Logan Wilson at WILL.  Yesterday in the second half the Bengals did indeed go to more 3-4 base with occasional 4-3 "looks" but what gets me is why the Bengals can't cover receivers with a nickel or a dime defense.  With more defenders one might think coverage is easier but still the receivers get way too much cushion. 

Oh, just as an aside, there is nobody elite on this roster. Nobody.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 09:08 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The Bengals still run a base 4-3 with occasional 3-4 "looks."  Yesterday I saw Josh Bynes at MIKE with Germaine Pratt at SAM and Logan Wilson at WILL.  Yesterday in the second half the Bengals did indeed go to more 3-4 base with occasional 4-3 "looks" but what gets me is why the Bengals can't cover receivers with a nickel or a dime defense.  With more defenders one might think coverage is easier but still the receivers get way too much cushion. 

Oh, just as an aside, there is nobody elite on this roster.  Nobody.

I'm not impressed with Sims playing boundary.  More than once he let a receiver run right by him, like he thought he had Safety help on the play, only to allow wide open receptions with plenty of YAC.  Another beef with Sims is that if he would put his hands up, or even turn and look for the ball, he could easily score some PDs and maybe even an INT or two..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 09:08 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The Bengals still run a base 4-3 with occasional 3-4 "looks."  Yesterday I saw Josh Bynes at MIKE with Germaine Pratt at SAM and Logan Wilson at WILL.  Yesterday in the second half the Bengals did indeed go to more 3-4 base with occasional 4-3 "looks" but what gets me is why the Bengals can't cover receivers with a nickel or a dime defense.  With more defenders one might think coverage is easier but still the receivers get way too much cushion. 

Oh, just as an aside, there is nobody elite on this roster.  Nobody.

Yeah and its not as if these are all world receivers. 
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 09:13 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm not impressed with Sims playing boundary.  More than once he let a receiver run right by him, like he thought he had Safety help on the play, only to allow wide open receptions with plenty of YAC.  Another beef with Sims is that if he would put his hands up, or even turn and look for the ball, he could easily score some PDs and maybe even an INT or two..

That was always my biggest beef with Dennard. He never, ever turned his head toward the ball.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 09:36 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: That was always my biggest beef with Dennard. He never, ever turned his head toward the ball.

Facing the receiver and reading his face/body language works for a lot of defenders, but you have to react and get those hands up.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 09:08 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Oh, just as an aside, there is nobody elite on this roster.  Nobody.

Jessie Bates is probably the best free safety in the league right now.
Reply/Quote