Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lou Anarumo and Noah Brown
Why does this guy play like Megatron against the Bengals?

But no really, why can't we guard this bum? He has two career games against the Bengals now. What's going on?
Reply/Quote
This year the major achilles heel of the defense has been losing receivers in the zones resulting in explosive plays to wide open targets. Until that is fixed we can look forward to seeing this spectacle every week.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Looked like Lou smoked a rock yesterday - never adjusted to a damn thing...

Scott is worthless and should be released.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 12:01 PM)Rattler Wrote: Looked like Lou smoked a rock yesterday - never adjusted to a damn thing...

Scott is worthless and should be released.

It was Scott and Pratt that had Brown stopped at the end of the game and let him slip by for 13 more yards. I don't think the Texans' kicker makes it from 50 yards, since he's never made one in his career. That was a huge slip-up. I wonder if Pratt was trying to strip him of the ball, rather than tackle him, since he's done that before where the receiver/ball carrier ends up with extra yards.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 12:12 PM)Nepa Wrote: It was Scott and Pratt that had Brown stopped at the end of the game and let him slip by for 13 more yards. I don't think the Texans' kicker makes it from 50-yards, since he's never made one in his career. That was a huge slip-up. I wonder if Pratt was trying to strip him of the ball, rather than tackle him, since he's done that before where the receiver/ball carrier ends up with extra yards.

also Scott who was burned for a TD, bailed out on another when the receiver stepped out and dropped a pick...etc, etc, etc...

Ray Charles would have more upside...
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 12:14 PM)Rattler Wrote: also Scott who was burned for a TD, bailed out on another when the receiver stepped out and dropped a pick...etc, etc, etc...

Ray Charles would have more upside...

[Image: OIP.OREcfsZQZjIWMzojeUCiIwAAAA?pid=ImgDet&rs=1]

Reply/Quote
Whatever happened to the Safety that was good at returning kicks?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 12:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Whatever happened to the Safety that was good at returning kicks?

Tore his Achilles and couldn’t see the field

Wasn’t good enough at safety to warrant a roster spot
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 12:25 PM)Housh Wrote: Tore his Achilles and couldn’t see the field

Wasn’t good enough at safety to warrant a roster spot

Well neither is Scott, but at least that dude could return kicks.

I think a huge, seldom-discussed loss is Tre Flowers. The dude is nothing without Lou, but Lou seemed to be able to use him well. IDT the Texan's TE would have had the same game yesterday if Tre were on the roster
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 12:17 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: [Image: OIP.OREcfsZQZjIWMzojeUCiIwAAAA?pid=ImgDet&rs=1]

[Image: upGXO3o.png]
Reply/Quote
Cam Taylor-Britt said something brilliant, as he often does, during the post game locker room interviews. He said the adjustments should have been made from zone coverage to plaster coverage.

If you’re unfamiliar with the term, here’s how it works:

The fundamental idea of plastering is when a quarterback decides to leave the pocket and run, defensive players in the secondary scream,
“Plaster!” and try to find the closest receiver and stick to that man for as long as they can. The concept is utilized in both zone and man coverages.

Noah Brown should have been covered this way.
Reply/Quote
Sure seemed like Noah Brown was just standing there for many of those catches. He didn't look to be running even a route just sitting in the zone. That's pretty embarrassing.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 02:42 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Sure seemed like Noah Brown was just standing there for many of those catches. He didn't look to be running even a route just sitting in the zone. That's pretty embarrassing.

Gonna love too see the breakdown

I can only assume our safeties kept getting lost
-Housh
Reply/Quote
I can only assume the Bengals had Noah Brown in their fantasy teams yesterday. There isn't really a passable explanation otherwise.
Reply/Quote
Hey, let's not forget Singletary. It may not have been a career game (though it's up there if it's not), but dude is the Texans BACKUP RB.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I don't understand if The Texans made a
Concentrated effort to double Jamar
Then how come after Noah Brown reached 100 yds
That Lou didn't think of doubling Brown ?
The Bengals pass rush wasn't getting home
Yesterday and yet Lou went zone coverage
Doesn't he realize that's essentially pitch and catch
With QB and his targets. ?
One of the worst games I've seen Lou scheme
Up in long time
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 03:44 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I don't understand if The Texans made a
Concentrated effort to double Jamar
Then how come after Noah Brown reached 100 yds
That Lou didn't think of doubling Brown ?
The Bengals pass rush wasn't getting home
Yesterday and yet Lou went zone coverage
Doesn't he realize that's essentially pitch and catch
With QB and his targets. ?
One of the worst games I've seen Lou scheme
Up in long time

Because he wasn’t busting our ass with talent

Our guys kept getting lost in coverage

I would’ve had 100 yards with how they played
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 02:21 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Cam Taylor-Britt said something brilliant, as he often does, during the post game locker room interviews.  He said the adjustments should have been made from zone coverage to plaster coverage.

If you’re unfamiliar with the term, here’s how it works:

The fundamental idea of plastering is when a quarterback decides to leave the pocket and run, defensive players in the secondary scream,
“Plaster!” and try to find the closest receiver and stick to that man for as long as they can. The concept is utilized in both zone and man coverages.  

Noah Brown should have been covered this way.

That's not quite what he was saying, but kind of. The idea you posted is accurate where they grab the closest player and stick to him as if it were suddenly man coverage when a scramble drill starts, but that's not an adjustment that needs to be made nor is it a specific type of coverage. It's just what you do because the play has now broken down. Receivers are going to go off track and freestyling trying to make something happen for their QB. 

In short, Cincinnati's defense does this but Stroud and company were finding ways to get open still. 
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 12:12 PM)Nepa Wrote: It was Scott and Pratt that had Brown stopped at the end of the game and let him slip by for 13 more yards. I don't think the Texans' kicker makes it from 50 yards, since he's never made one in his career. That was a huge slip-up. I wonder if Pratt was trying to strip him of the ball, rather than tackle him, since he's done that before where the receiver/ball carrier ends up with extra yards.

Pratt was definitely trying to strip him.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 02:42 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Sure seemed like Noah Brown was just standing there for many of those catches. He didn't look to be running even a route just sitting in the zone. That's pretty embarrassing.

Which tells you about all you need to know with how well prepared the Texans came in predicting what the Bengals might call for defensive plays.

I wasn't able to watch the game because I was driving, but I did listen on the radio and they did mention many times that the Texans were finding the holes in the zones.

Anarumo had been pretty good prior to this game adjusting at halftime, so hopefully he gets back on track with that to stifle teams in the 2nd half from here on out.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote