Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lou Anarumo still not fired..
(11-12-2019, 03:58 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: That’s the truth.  Perhaps the Bengals’ defensive roster was a deterrent to decent coaches wanting to interview?

I don't think roster would have been a deterrent to decent coaches if they'd been promised the 11th overall pick and a big free agent signing or two.

That would not have been an unreasonable expectation of any incoming defensive co-ordinator candidate expected to improve the 32nd ranked defense.

But it was under an offensive minded head coach who wanted to reshape the offense so commandeered the 1st round pick AND the second round pick and took the medium (at best) sized free agent signing which was as big as the Bengals' Front Office were prepared to pay.

But the offense wasn't finished there. With the 32nd ranked D dying for starting talent and only being allowed the 72nd overall pick, the front office then traded up in the 4th for a back-up(!!!!) QB. At that point Anarumo probably should have quit. 

And we know this next draft the Bengals are going QB with the first overall pick and will then need to protect their prized asset which will invariably mean the second round pick and free agent money being spent on a tackle and a guard.

I can't see how they could attract anyone worthwhile to be D co-ordinator unless they promise them Chase Young with the first overall pick and that isn't going to happen so it's going to be a no-hoper and we can rinse and repeat.
Reply/Quote
I think Sweet Lou and Turner will be fired at the end of season. There is no one to replace Lou other than Duffner.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't see how they can justify firing Turner.

He had nothing to work with.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 05:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't see how they can justify firing Turner.

He had nothing to work with.

Whilst lacking in talent, I wouldn't say nothing

The Bengals' 2018 1st rounder.

The Bengals' biggest off-season free agent acquisition

The Bengals' big trade piece from 2018

A 4th round pick from this year

I suppose you could though say there has been some signs of improvement in that they are running the ball better, Hopkins has emerged as a starter and they've got more out of Jerry than anyone expected.
Reply/Quote