Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
John Ross: 'Burrow's confidence will have an impact on me'
(06-02-2020, 05:48 PM)Nately120 Wrote: We should get Ross, Laquon Treadwell, Corey Coleman, and Kevin White in our WR room because one of them has to "finally get it" this year...right?  Holy crap...what if all 4 of them get healthy and find their confidence, look out!

But in all seriousness, I hope Ross proves me wrong (and not just wrong for one game), but I stopped holding my breath after week 3 last year.  As for Ross compared to the rest of the WR room, if he botches a route on Burrow or is careless with the ball I can him becoming quite unpopular and being seen as a pointless roadblock to Tee's development.

Only Marvin Lewis would play a crappy vet over a promising rookie, right?

Ross's photo should be in the dictionary beside enigma. One the one hand he's faster than a Ferrari but he seems to struggle to get open pretty regular. He scores TD's a rate much higher than his use would indicate as average, but he can't catch worth a dang (at many times). He has the drops of WR's with two or more times his targets. He looks like an all world WR on one play breaking DB's ankles and juking an scoring, then on the next play it's cue up the Benny Hill.

I'll be honest I have a lot of skepticism Ross will ever be a reliable regular WR ? But I'm anxious to see what if anything changes with the new QB ?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2020, 05:01 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'll be honest I have a lot of skepticism Ross will ever be a reliable regular WR ? But I'm anxious to see what if anything changes with the new QB ?

I'm in the same boat.  We shall see what Ross does with Burrow, but we were supposed to see him finally "get it" once Marvin let him play, then once Zampese and Lazor were gone, then once Marvin was gone, and then it was Dalton that had to be gone.

If Ross has another ho-hum year isn't it just going to be because ZT or Callahan "don't know how to use him" or because Burrow was a rookie and there wasn't much time for them to build chemistry?

Again, I hope Ross does swell, I just don't see why this year is going to finally be the one where we remove every confounding variable and excuse and become sure we have a clear picture of the guy.
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2020, 05:59 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm in the same boat.  We shall see what Ross does with Burrow, but we were supposed to see him finally "get it" once Marvin let him play, then once Zampese and Lazor were gone, then once Marvin was gone, and then it was Dalton that had to be gone.

If Ross has another ho-hum year isn't it just going to be because ZT or Callahan "don't know how to use him" or because Burrow was a rookie and there wasn't much time for them to build chemistry?

Again, I hope Ross does swell, I just don't see why this year is going to finally be the one where we remove every confounding variable and excuse and become sure we have a clear picture of the guy.

Yep

The team fired a shot across Ross's bow not picking up the option. They're saying crap or get off the pot and it's where I am as well. No more excuses John !
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2020, 07:08 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep

The team fired a shot across Ross's bow not picking up the option. They're saying crap or get off the pot and it's where I am as well. No more excuses John !

I 'spose.  Honestly, I think it's quite possible there are plenty of excuses for Ross this year, if not even more than ever.
Reply/Quote
It should be clear pretty quickly if Ross is improving. Loft one to him and see if he actually tracks the ball in the air correctly and adjusts....if no then you know.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2020, 08:06 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: You mean like running wrong routes, falling down and dropping balls at a high rate.. yep he has alot to learn.. potential means you ain't done crap.. that fits Ross coming into 4th year.

Not disagreeing, but you have to list what he does well too, not just the bad stuff to fairly judge the player.

He lead the team in Yards per Catch last year and he scores Touchdowns at a high rate.

And yeah, he runs the wrong routes, falls down on routes and drops balls at a high rate.

No more excuses for the man, good move not picking up his option.
Reply/Quote