Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lou Piniella Returns to the Nati
Hired to serve in a consulting capacity as Senior Advisor to baseball operations.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2016, 05:54 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Hired to serve in a consulting capacity as Senior Advisor to baseball operations.

Hell yes.  One of the many mistakes good ol' Marge made.  At least they are trying to change their fortunes.  Always loved me some Sweet Lou.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
His official title is "Base Throwing Coach"
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2016, 05:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: His official title is "Base Throwing Coach"
That was epic and an all time classic.  In fact, if and when ESPN runs the story, that clip will probably be in it.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
And when Price is fired mid season....
Reply/Quote
"consulting capacity as Senior Advisor to baseball operations.".. Not even sure what the hell that actually means.. Maybe he was hired to tell Walt he's an idiot every 3rd day..Maybe to tell Price to go back to pitching coach..
Anyway I always liked Lou.. I wouldn't mind seeing him back in the dugout even though the article says he's not interested. I never believe it when writers say so and so doesn't want to be in charge of the team.. It always feels like saying that 90% of bar patrons don't want the alcohol buzz when downing the bottle of hooch and they would only look at a Playboy for the articles...
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2016, 04:09 PM)grampahol Wrote: "consulting capacity as Senior Advisor to baseball operations.".. Not even sure what the hell that actually means.. Maybe he was hired to tell Walt he's an idiot every 3rd day..Maybe to tell Price to go back to pitching coach..
Anyway I always liked Lou.. I wouldn't mind seeing him back in the dugout even though the article says he's not interested. I never believe it when writers say so and so doesn't want to be in charge of the team.. It always feels like saying that 90% of bar patrons don't want the alcohol buzz when downing the bottle of hooch and they would only look at a Playboy for the articles...

no idea kinda like when a football team brings in a consultant im guessing someone to help watch film and give suggestions.
Reply/Quote
It's an upside....I don't know how much Lou can help this team which has definatly traded off it's best players to cut payroll and is trying to trade Bruce and Phillips and still will if they can find a team to trade for them......I don't know how much Reds will listen to Lou or is this just a PR move for show only and they don't intend to listen to him at all......As bad as the Reds are, and they are pretty bad, any advise from Lou would be helpful, if Reds listen to it.....Lou could help, and he sure won't hurt this last place team. ...It's a positive move with an upside if they listen to his advise. Reds are in rebuilding mode, and can use any expert advise they can get. Lou managed Reds last World Series team, so this is like bringing in Sparky Anderson for advise if he was still alive. Reds need to listen to what Lou has to say this Spring Training.........I know Lou always, always, always said Reds needed more pitching, even in 1990 with Nasty Boys. With all the Reds pitchers traded, I just know Lou is going to tell Reds they don't have enough pitching. Without Chapman, this bullpen could really stink up the place. I'm not sure Reds front office is going to listen to Lou, but they should. I hope this isn't just a PR move for show and no go.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote