Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lou anarumo
(12-31-2023, 11:49 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: The whole damn organization sucked this year!  From the front office, coaching staff and the players.  

Front office did not build this team to compete in the AFC north.  They signed horrible FA that didn’t d anything.  And they didn’t pay to keep one of the two safeties.

Coaching staff sucked especially the offense scheme.  I cannot stand it when they do nothing to confuse the defense at the beginning of the snap (motion) or running play action.  You can only do so much out of shot gun.  I won’t get into the defense since it been sad a thousand times.

The players sucked it up they talked big and couldn’t even make it into the playoffs (Chase & Boyd).  Secondary couldn’t cover run game stunk.

Going into the season everyone thought they were Super Bowl contenders but only pretenders.  It is very embarrassing to be a bengals fan in browns country this year.  There is enough Steelers and bills fan running around that is like putting salt not an open cut.  This hurts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lol, again.... 

This is the exact same team, minus a couple & add a couple that won the AFCN the last 2 seasons.  It is not very intelligent to think your team is Super Bowl bound when its franchise QB is playing injured and then knocked out for the season.  Just doesn't seem smart to me.  

I do know that is is NOT intelligent to pay a safety 16M per year, especially with this roster.  But of course some think Bates played every season with us like he did this year with the Falcons.  But that is simply ignorance as Bates not only laid down on us and had a couple crap years, but also led the team in missed tackles.  He is good and better than what we have now, but we had a more athletic 1st Rd draft pick to take his place - that is just common sense.  

Vonn Bell has had his worst season in the NFL this year.

I've never allowed the crappy Browns fans to embarrass me, they are notoriously awful in so many ways.  But some people allow pettiness to get in their feelings more than others.   

I think many of the young guys flashed, I never have high expectations for rookies.  Dax disappointed, but I can see him and the others having solid years next season. 

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2024, 02:17 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Lol, again.... 

This is the exact same team, minus a couple & add a couple that won the AFCN the last 2 seasons.  It is not very intelligent to think your team is Super Bowl bound when its franchise QB is playing injured and then knocked out for the season.  Just doesn't seem smart to me.  

I do know that is is NOT intelligent to pay a safety 16M per year, especially with this roster.  But of course some think Bates played every season with us like he did this year with the Falcons.  But that is simply ignorance as Bates not only laid down on us and had a couple crap years, but also led the team in missed tackles.  He is good and better than what we have now, but we had a more athletic 1st Rd draft pick to take his place - that is just common sense.  

I've never allowed the crappy Browns fans to embarrass me, they are notoriously awful in so many ways.  But some people allow pettiness to get in their feelings more than others.   

I think many of the young guys flashed, I never have high expectations for rookies.  Dax disappointed, but I can see him and the others having solid years 
I will not allow you to talk about bates that way..bates absolutely lives football,Lou said himself that bates studied film more than any player he's ever coached..say whatever you want about the guy,but one thing I won't do is compare none of these guys to him because to me it's clear that they don't love the game the way Jessie did..
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2024, 05:22 AM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: I will not allow you to talk about bates that way..bates absolutely lives football,Lou said himself that bates studied film more than any player he's ever coached..say whatever you want about the guy,but one thing I won't do is compare none of these guys to him because to me it's clear that they don't love the game the way Jessie did..

Totally agree. Bates was well worth the money he wanted n hindsight of what this defense was like. I believe this team was around 6 or 8 million under the cap going into the season. The Bengals could had afford him, but the front office didn’t want to spend. Katie s just like the old man. I am surprised no one has asked the question on this board about why they were under the cap going into the season.

Also, shame on you for questioning Caesar sharp intellect. Only his opinion matters n this board

Reply/Quote
The Bengals’ defense definitely was subpar without Von Bell and Jessie Bates but they also seriously missed Eli Apple as well. He made some big plays in 2021 and 2022 and letting him get away might have been in retrospect a bad decision.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2024, 10:53 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The Bengals’ defense definitely was subpar without Von Bell and Jessie Bates but they also seriously missed Eli Apple as well. He made some big plays in 2021 and 2022 and letting him get away might have been in retrospect a bad decision.
Oh but at least we don't have to discuss his Twitter / X shenanigans anymore! That was much more important than playing solid, quality, defensive football!
Reply/Quote
Lous defense had a storm of too many veteran
Regressing and not enough rookies stepping up
That leads to way too many big plays allowed
And not enough 3 and outs.

Last season the Chiefs had how many rookies
In Spagnulos defense contribute to their SB run
Seemed like every week a rookie was making
A key play down the stretch

Anybody notice how Sam Hubbard disappeared
In the 2nd half of the season. I know he missed a few
Games but when he came back he made
ZERO impact plays. He wasn't even trying
To deflect passes at the LOS. The Bengals need
To find a true pass rusher opposite Trey
Logan Wilson and Germaine Pratt are liabilities
In the run defense. Amassing turnovers is only
Part of being a well rounded LB. Neither player
Could a Start for the Ravens or Steelers.

Losing Reader was a blow but Zac Carter is
Another Renell Wren. Huge frame but plays
With no fire.

CTB and Trey are the only 2 playmakers on this
Defense. That's not enough.
I think Lous 4 2 5 scheme is trash. Teams run
The ball at will yet Lou doesn't adjust to a traditional
4 3 look to counter that.
Bring back Mike Zimmer
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2024, 05:22 AM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: I will not allow you to talk about bates that way..bates absolutely lives football,Lou said himself that bates studied film more than any player he's ever coached..say whatever you want about the guy,but one thing I won't do is compare none of these guys to him because to me it's clear that they don't love the game the way Jessie did..

Lol, you are a random poster on a message board, I am not going to allow you to makes such a stupid comment such as, " it's clear that they don't love the game the way Jessie did.." about players that give their entire life to the game.  We never witnessed a lack of effort.  When a dumb fan says he knows how a full team of players feel that just reveals total ignorance.

In Bates 4th season he had 1 interception and 3 PBUs - Dax had more than that by his 8th game starting.  Did Jesse only love the game during the playoffs?  Bates never had a season for us like he is having this year and admitted to NOT playing 100% due to fear of injury.  Does that sound like a guy that loves the game more than everyone else?  Judging a 6th yr guy to rookies and 1st year starters is amateur at best.

Bates is better than a 1st year starter Dax and rookie Battle, but not 16M per, that would be stupid, there is a salary cap.  A 1st Rd draft choice is the best a team can do to replace a player.  Dax should have received way more reps last season in my opinion and hopefully improves next season.    

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2024, 09:15 AM)Bronxbengal Wrote: Totally agree.  Bates was well worth the money he wanted n hindsight of what this defense was like.  I believe this team was around 6 or 8 million under the cap going into the season.  The Bengals could had afford him, but the front office didn’t want to spend.  Katie s just like the old man.  I am surprised no one has asked the question on this board about why they were under the cap going into the season.

Also, shame on you for questioning Caesar sharp intellect.  Only his opinion matters n this board

It is definitely not just opinion, and probably is intellect, but more so understanding how the NFL and my own team works.

Not understanding the NFL is magnified in some peoples comments.  Bates isnt just making 16M this season, he is being paid that over 4 seasons.  You know, when Burrow and Chase and OBJr and possibly Tee are getting paid.   

Not understanding your own team is revealed in asking why they are under the cap this season.  We are ALWAYS under the cap.  How do you NOT know this?  The reason for it is in case we need to make a late addition to the team like we did in 2021 and more importantly the leftover cap flows into the following season giving us more cap space. 

Reply/Quote
If you were in the Front Office would you keep Lou Anarumo?
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2024, 01:43 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Still 25 points and 373 yards no matter how it came. Both are above the Chief's season average. They allowed the Chiefs to score on 7 out of their 9 drives.

Those two totals on average would give you the 31st overall and 28th scoring defense for a year.

- - - - -

This year the defense is..

31st Overall
29th Passing
32nd Passing YPA (a HUGE gap between them and 31st)
26th Rushing
31st Rushing YPC
21st Scoring
26th on 3rd Down

The defense is way worse than it has any right to be with that many paid and highly drafted guys on it. This isn't growing pains from young guys, this is just bad.

As bad as the offense has been, it's still better than the defense...
22nd Overall
11th Passing
18th Passing YPA
32nd Rushing
27th Rushing YPC
20th Scoring
18th on 3rd Down

I said the defense has its issues yesterday was a prime example. Isiah Pacheco had like 7.2 yards per carry. The front 6 has been so very bad. I'm just pointing out that the offense has given opposing offenses plenty of opportunities especially with a pass heavy Bengals offense that stops the clock.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2024, 12:37 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: If you were in the Front Office would you keep Lou Anarumo?

Asking me?  If so, I think every NFL team would keep Lou for 2024 if they were in our position. 

He has earned it the last 2 seasons, although they were not as great as everyone thinks. They did show up in the playoffs.

I think he he has the excuse in having the youngest secondary in the NFL.  4 first time starters - 2 rookies & 2 2nd year guys.  The hope will be that they are more improved next season, they all showed flashes of potential.

I think he has the excuse of Murphy taking so long to develop, he has the Reader excuse, although the run D was bad before he was injured.

2024 is the window for this current squad, introducing a totally new defense doesn't make a ton of sense with the current personnel.  Unlike the Browns we dont have multiple pro bowlers that needed a halfway decent coach to right the ship.

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2024, 01:17 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Asking me?  If so, I think every NFL team would keep Lou for 2024 if they were in our position. 

He has earned it the last 2 seasons, although they were not as great as everyone thinks. They did show up in the playoffs.

I think he he has the excuse in having the youngest secondary in the NFL.  4 first time starters - 2 rookies & 2 2nd year guys.  The hope will be that they are more improved next season, they all showed flashes of potential.

I think he has the excuse of Murphy taking so long to develop, he has the Reader excuse, although the run D was bad before he was injured.

2024 is the window for this current squad, introducing a totally new defense doesn't make a ton of sense with the current personnel.  Unlike the Browns we dont have multiple pro bowlers that needed a halfway decent coach to right the ship.
I agree with this. I think the only thing I would like to see is a more downhill aggressive approach to our D. We seem to always be backing up and not going forward. Look at the Chiefs' LBs yesterday and the Steelers's the week before. They are making plays at the LOS not making contact after 4yds and getting dragged another 2 yds.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2024, 12:21 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Lol, you are a random poster on a message board, I am not going to allow you to makes such a stupid comment such as, " it's clear that they don't love the game the way Jessie did.." about players that give their entire life to the game.  We never witnessed a lack of effort.  When a dumb fan says he knows how a full team of players feel that just reveals total ignorance.

In Bates 4th season he had 1 interception and 3 PBUs - Dax had more than that by his 8th game starting.  Did Jesse only love the game during the playoffs?  Bates never had a season for us like he is having this year and admitted to NOT playing 100% due to fear of injury.  Does that sound like a guy that loves the game more than everyone else?  Judging a 6th yr guy to rookies and 1st year starters is amateur at best.

Bates is better than a 1st year starter Dax and rookie Battle, but not 16M per, that would be stupid, there is a salary cap.  A 1st Rd draft choice is the best a team can do to replace a player.  Dax should have received way more reps last season in my opinion and hopefully improves next season.    

No debate the defense was better than last year. The only deference was Bates and Bell left. Kind of obvious to me the impact both of these players had.

Btw, you only been a member since 2021. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 11:23 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Lou was never as great as people though, but he's also not as bad as people think.

It's hard to have an elite defense with average to below average guys at every level.

New name" the Cincinnati "Average Joes"
its very true,  look at the names on this D and then compare it to Balt or Cleve
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2024, 02:03 AM)casear2727 Wrote: This part is not accurate Tim.  We play everything.  Cover 2, Cover 3, Cover 4, Tampa 2, zero, man under, robber, split field, dime, prevent, 5 man front, etc.

The All-22 is very clear that we mix up coverages a lot with mostly post snap action.

"We play everything," with the list afterward (Cover 2, Cover 3, Cover 4, Tampa 2....)  fits well with a MTG Remy Magic the Gathering parody song, "I played everything." 

https://www.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/comments/l67nxe/i_played_everything_magic_the_gathering_parody/
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 10:31 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: He never adjusted his scheme to the personnel all season long including today's game..instead of playing more shell two high coverage he constantly wants to go single high cover 3..Lou is very stubborn, he keeps having sample and Hubbard rushing from right end,instead of giving Murphy and ossia some of those reps at rde..cam sample gives us absolutely nothing same thing with Zac Carter why is starting??

The secondary cannot play off coverage or press man effectively, so I can't blame Lou there..going forward I honestly don't know how this gets fixed we're just no physical enough or fast enough up front to be a consistent defense..Third down has become an absolute nightmare no matter what the down and distance is, I do want to say that I am a Lou supporter and I really do have faith that he'll get this fixed..The linebackers need to truly get better in the off-season they regressed alot this season..

The saddest part of it all is that we've put waaaaaaaaaayy to much draft capital into the defensive side of the ball to be as bad as we are this year..how much more draft capital do we have to invest on the defensive side of the ball?? We should be able to fix the interior thru free agency, I'm truly hoping for another pass rusher to help out Hendrickson, preferably a speed rusher in the Khalil mack, von miller type mold..I'm truly sick of the prototypical 6"6 slow pass rusher that we always seem to go after..

It needs to start in the trenches. I know Lou knows this, the young players will grow. We need to build a physical identity along with a
way to play free and make plays on the ball. I know we were good at getting turnovers this year, but you cannot rely on this and when 
a player like Pratt always holds a RB or TE up and just tears at the ball everyone knows this tendency.

We need to wrap up on Defense and play instinctual. I don't know for sure if Lou is the problem honestly. I think that we just need to 
grow as a young team on Defense. This is one heck of a learning experience this season.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2024, 02:17 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Lol, again.... 

I think many of the young guys flashed, I never have high expectations for rookies.  Dax disappointed, but I can see him and the others having solid years next season. 

Nicely said as usual Casear.

WTF Don't ever talk about Bates dude. I knew Jessie Bates before we drafted him, he totally played to not get hurt an entire season.

(01-01-2024, 12:21 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Lol, you are a random poster on a message board, I am not going to allow you to makes such a stupid comment such as, " it's clear that they don't love the game the way Jessie did.." about players that give their entire life to the game.  We never witnessed a lack of effort.  When a dumb fan says he knows how a full team of players feel that just reveals total ignorance.

Love it. All truth here. Wink
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2024, 05:59 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: No debate the defense was better than last year.  The only deference was Bates and Bell left.  Kind of obvious to me the impact both of these players had.

Btw, you only been a member since 2021. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is amazing how Bell & Bates departure has caused the dline and and linebackers to play so poorly..... what an expert you are.  Not sure "deference" works in that sentence?

I was here in 2017, different email but that shouldnt matter.  Been a season ticket holder (2 sets) for over a decade, actually worked for the league in media, and so much more I dont care to list.  There are so many posters here that have much more football knowledge than you that have signed up after 2015.  It seems you haven't learned much from those quality posters in the last 8 years.  You have comical takes often and since you admitted that Browns fans get in your feelings I see why any disagreement causes you anxiety and anger.   

Reply/Quote
Would it be fair to extend some sort of intangible value to Bates and Von Bell that goes undiscussed?

Maybe they were the leaders of the D?

Perhaps it was them that galvanized the D the last few years. Kind of like Ray Lewis and Ed Reed (or whoever) did with the Rat Turds. They made everyone step up and play better. Maybe Bates and VB were the heart and soul of the D.

Trey seems to be the only one who plays possessed every week.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2024, 12:36 AM)Whacked Wrote: Would it be fair to extend some sort of intangible value to Bates and Von Bell that goes undiscussed?

Maybe they were the leaders of the D?

Perhaps it was them that galvanized the D the last few years. Kind of like Ray Lewis and Ed Reed (or whoever) did with the Rat Turds. They made everyone step up and play better. Maybe Bates and VB were the heart and soul of the D.

Trey seems to be the only one who plays possessed every week.

I don't think Trey is considered a major leader, he doesn't talk much.  

With DJ Reader, Hubbard, Wilson and Pratt it would be a crying shame if these men, these professionals, are not performing because a couple of defensive backs are not hyping them up or were considered the heart and soul of the defense... just my humble opinion.

There are serious execution problems.

Reply/Quote