Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Lou is going to HAVE to call cover 2 way more this year
(06-05-2023, 05:40 PM)Synric Wrote: I dont remember much cover 4. Alot of 1 and 3 which made up over half their defensive snaps. Alot of their rotation pressure packages were cover 2. 

They ran a lot more 4 than people think but because of the checks they got misclassed as other things. We were playing 4 (really Cover 7) in a lot of of the 3x1 situations.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2023, 02:11 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Are people still sour on Dax Hill because of his special teams gaffes? Because it seems people are overlooking him

I keep thinking about Hill's development under Lou.  He could just play him over Bates or Bell, but what he did have him do was learn a ton of different positions and roles in the secondary.  I think Hill will be a bigger playmaker than Bates.  I know Bates was huge in the 21 playoff run, but I could see Hill's speed and aggression getting more INTs.  

I thought it was interesting how Lou commented about Hill that this was the first time he had to come off the field after just one play.  He wasn't used to that, but I am sure Lou kept telling him he would get his turn.  

If Hill can be what we saw in the preseason last year (I know, I know...), then I think it could be a pretty exciting year for him.    
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2023, 07:36 PM)Housh Wrote: I feel we fall into 2 extremes here regarding Dax.

One group views him as a question mark even though he was a 1st rounder(Group im in) simply because he hasn’t played a lot. Other group is just assuming he’ll be solid by the end of the year.

To me if you are unbiased and don’t care about draft position he’s as much a question mark as Nick Scott and Battle are

He is, but like I said, on defense speed kills. And we have one of, if not the fastest defensive backfields in the league heading into this season. Lou will use that speed.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2023, 11:18 PM)Au165 Wrote: They ran a lot more 4 than people think but because of the checks they got misclassed as other things. We were playing 4 (really Cover 7) in a lot of of the 3x1 situations.

Yea the split field coverages were there. I'm sure they used alot of Cover 7 brackets against the Chiefs and Kelce. That really is one of the best way to locked down a middle of the field receiver.  
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2023, 08:49 AM)Sled21 Wrote: He is, but like I said, on defense speed kills. And we have one of, if not the fastest defensive backfields in the league heading into this season. Lou will use that speed.

Every single one of our secondary is fast enough to get back in a play if they get beat. Lou expects his guys to get beat, he just wants them to have high motors and get back in the play if they can.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2023, 07:55 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I keep thinking about Hill's development under Lou.  He could just play him over Bates or Bell, but what he did have him do was learn a ton of different positions and roles in the secondary.  I think Hill will be a bigger playmaker than Bates.  I know Bates was huge in the 21 playoff run, but I could see Hill's speed and aggression getting more INTs.  

I thought it was interesting how Lou commented about Hill that this was the first time he had to come off the field after just one play.  He wasn't used to that, but I am sure Lou kept telling him he would get his turn.  

If Hill can be what we saw in the preseason last year (I know, I know...), then I think it could be a pretty exciting year for him.    

I think Hill will be better than Bell or Bates. I think Battle at some point will emerge as a solid starter. But I hate to be a party pooper but it’s going to take awhile and I think a lot under estimate how good Bates and Vonn were individually and together … with their chemistry
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
And a roller coaster it has been lol
-Housh
Reply/Quote