Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lou is the man
The gameplan he created against Josh Allen was absolutely brilliant, he had so many different and exotic blitz packages, I really hope he stays and doesn't get a HC job.
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Selfishly I want to blindly hope that Lou is perfectly happy being the best DC in the league and coaching this particular unit.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 09:07 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Selfishly I want to blindly hope that Lou is perfectly happy being the best DC in the league and coaching this particular unit.

Agree
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
He's going to get so much (well deserved) praise this week. We may end up losing him sooner than we thought.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
if teams werent requesting an interview with him before... they should be now
Reply/Quote
On a side note, I forgot why we fired Leslie Frazier when he was on Marvin’s staff. Now, I remember!
Reply/Quote
Don't know about y'all, but I hate when the guys calling the game start talking about Lou and give him props. Lou's been fantastic, and the less they talk about Lou the more people will ignore him. Yesterday, unfortunely Romo spent some good minutes talking about how disciplined our defense is and at some moment he was praising Lou.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 11:19 AM)Bengalion Wrote: Don't know about y'all, but I hate when the guys calling the game start talking about Lou and give him props. Lou's been fantastic, and the less they talk about Lou the more people will ignore him. Yesterday, unfortunely Romo spent some good minutes talking about how disciplined our defense is and at some moment he was praising Lou.

Yes, Romo was going off on him and saying some things that we are doing that are next level in adjustments. If i was a team looking for a HC and knows this or heard that Id be on the phone. I pray he stays but its understandable if we lose him. When you look at our D unit, there is no BIG name splash Edge Guy that alot of teams have, no bloated sacks, pick #s but they are well coached and play as a UNIT. ...which has to get a teams attention. 
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 11:37 AM)kalibengal Wrote: Yes, Romo was going off on him and saying some things that we are doing that are next level in adjustments. If i was a team looking for a HC and knows this or heard that Id be on the phone. I pray he stays but its understandable if we lose him. When you look at our D unit, there is no BIG name splash Edge Guy that alot of teams have, no bloated sacks, pick #s but they are well coached and play as a UNIT. ...which has to get a teams attention. 

Romo knows while Lou's here his beloved Chiefs and Bills will be inferior to the Bengals. He's not helping Lou out, he's trying to help the Chiefs and Bills out. Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 09:03 AM)Trademark Wrote: The gameplan he created against Josh Allen was absolutely brilliant, he had so many different and exotic blitz packages, I really hope he stays and doesn't get a HC job.

Selfishly, I wish there was a way this coaching staff would buck conventional HC-seeking and be together for 20 years.  The Bengals brass find a way to pay them all well.  I know that isn't very realistic, but culture has been such a key part of this team and coaches' success....I love the way the one guy makes them all work out to take care of themselves.  

If the Bengals can give Lou and Callahan big raises, I hope they can stay intact a while longer. 

Honestly, I can't believe Denver didn't open a checkbood and offer Lou whatever he wanted.  That defensive group and they have Mahomes and Herbert to deal with twice a year?  Going for the old "offensive minded coach" is stupid in that instance.  I would want the guy that seems to have found how to defend those guys.  Good for us that they seemingly don't.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Heard someone say on one of the shows yesterday that the place for a DC to go to be a first time Head Coach is definitely the NFC. In the AFC you had basically an arms war when it comes to quarterbacks, and you have to play Burrow, Mahomes, Allen, Lamar, Tua (if he ever comes back) Watson, Herbert and I'm probably forgetting some others. In the NFC you have the old men Brady and Rodgers, Hurts, and Mr. Irrelevant is probably going to the Super Bowl. Life is easier for DC's in the NFC right now.
Reply/Quote
what DJ had to say speaks to both the types of coaches and players brought in

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Got to love that VooDoo that Lou Do !

Lou-Dey !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Lou should make 10% less than what Zac makes, Zac should take a paycut to make this happen. Kinda like QBs take pay cuts to make it happen.
Reply/Quote
Consider this run.. in our 5 playoff wins last two years.. only 1 game did a team (KC) score over 20 points.. and we have held teams to 5.4 points in 2nd half..

As Dan Hoard would say coffin nails is this defense in the 2nd halves of games.
Reply/Quote

Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 09:27 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Lou should make 10% less than what Zac makes, Zac should take a paycut to make this happen. Kinda like QBs take pay cuts to make it happen.

Wait, so you want to give Lou a raise? Or give Zac a paycut?

No salary cap with coaches. As long as Lou isn’t a HC, he will be our DC.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2023, 08:44 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Wait, so you want to give Lou a raise? Or give Zac a paycut?

No salary cap with coaches.  As long as Lou isn’t a HC, he will be our DC.

ahh no cap, that's good, then it doesnt apply. Lou should get a pay raise and a substancial one.
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 11:17 AM)Graphicguy Wrote: On a side note, I forgot why we fired Leslie Frazier when he was on Marvin’s staff.  Now, I remember!

Fraizer's D did better than their offense.  

Lou's D was just to much even for the Bills offense. Looks like overall the Bills  aren't playing as well as last season. They are going to have to make some changes to get them up to where they were.
Reply/Quote