Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lou secured defensive coordinator of the year today
Idc how we finish. Lou is the leagues best DC.

Here’s a list of guys he did not have today.

Mike Hilton
Chidobe Awuzie
Trey H
Sam Hubbard

You should not be able to win games like this
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Captain Lou has one of the best coached defenses in the NFL. Everyone is always on the same page and they always give 110% which creates turnovers.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Man they looked uninspired in the first half but credit to him and the D for playing a great second half without a lot of key guys.
Reply/Quote
Yes sir
Reply/Quote
I could tell immediately after the Buccaneers received the second half kickoff that Lou Anarumo had made significant adjustments to the defense. In all my decades of watching football I’ve never seen anything like it. The fact that Lou did it with many second stringers and one player signed from the practice squad and beat the stuffing out of Tom Brady speaks volumes.
Reply/Quote
After years of Marvin, who I deeply respect, rarely making any halftime adjustments it is extremely refreshing to see us adjust defensively and offensively almost every game. Love our Bengals. Who Dey
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have. Vince Lombardi
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2022, 10:25 PM)Housh Wrote: Idc how we finish. Lou is the leagues best DC.

Mike Hilton
Chidobe Awuzie
Trey H
Sam Hubbard

Yeah. I’m a huge fan. He has been hugely valuable to the success of this team.
Reply/Quote
I dont think so.
Team looked very flat in the first half.
Poor pass rushing team overall, very low turnovers, destroyed by the Browns on MNF. Gave up game winning drives for first 3 losses.

This kind of an award could lead to some thinking Lou could be HC material. That is very wrong, Lou has plenty of faults, any teams looking for a new HC should go the young offensive play caller route. Lou is overrated and he has hit his ceiling in Cincy... keep on looking, nothing to see here, silly ol'Bungles defense getting lucky now and then... move along Broncos, Colts, Panthers...way better candidates out there...nothing to see in Cincy, anyone could coach this defense with Burrow and that offense...seriously just move along.

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2022, 11:12 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I dont think so.  
Poor pass rushing team overall, very low turnovers, destroyed by the Browns on MNF.  Gave up game winning drives for first 3 losses.

This kind of an award could lead to some thinking Lou could be HC material.  That is very wrong, Lou has plenty of faults, any teams looking for a new HC should go the young offensive play caller route.  Lou is overrated and he has hit his ceiling in Cincy... keep on looking, nothing to see here, silly ol'Bungles defense getting lucky now and then... move along Broncos, Colts, Panthers...way better candidates out there...nothing to see in Cincy, anyone could coach this defense with Burrow and that offense...seriously just move along.
Agreed definitely not head Coaching material!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2022, 11:14 PM)J24 Wrote: Agreed definitely not head Coaching material!

I've heard the players cannot even understand him half the time with that silly NYC accent......... surprised we even keep him around, but cohesion, I guess?

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2022, 11:12 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I dont think so.  
Poor pass rushing team overall, very low turnovers, destroyed by the Browns on MNF.  Gave up game winning drives for first 3 losses.

This kind of an award could lead to some thinking Lou could be HC material.  That is very wrong, Lou has plenty of faults, any teams looking for a new HC should go the young offensive play caller route.  Lou is overrated and he has hit his ceiling in Cincy... keep on looking, nothing to see here, silly ol'Bungles defense getting lucky now and then... move along Broncos, Colts, Panthers...way better candidates out there...nothing to see in Cincy, anyone could coach this defense with Burrow and that offense...seriously just move along.
Plus he is from Long Island and talks funny!
Reply/Quote
It's almost like he uses Ali's rope-a-dope strategy on the football field. He watches a team implement a game plan for 2 quarters, the defense takes it's lumps, goes into the locker room at the half, then comes out and dominates.

I'd be scared as shit if I were an opposing offense. You can be rolling for 2 quarters, but you have to wonder what it's going to be like for you in the 2nd half.
Reply/Quote
I have an inside source who tells me Lou doesn't cuss. No way he could be a HC.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Don’t know if he will get a HC job but man what a turn around for him. He came to the Bengals as not the first (or 2nd or 3rd) choice to be DC and look at him now. He was almost to a Brat level as far as fans wanting to see him canned yet look at him now.
Reply/Quote
SSSShhhhhh !

He's are best kept secret.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
This guy is something else. I never thought he'd be as good as he is. He is always cooking something up. The Bucs were very generous today, but those guys played hard, and only missed a few big ones being so undermanned.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2022, 11:22 PM)samhain Wrote: It's almost like he uses Ali's rope-a-dope strategy on the football field.  He watches a team implement a game plan for 2 quarters, the defense takes it's lumps, goes into the locker room at the half, then comes out and dominates.  

I'd be scared as shit if I were an opposing offense.  You can be rolling for 2 quarters, but you have to wonder what it's going to be like for you in the 2nd half.

From the outside, it's just like that, lol.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2022, 11:58 PM)Wyche Wrote: This guy is something else. I never thought he'd be as good as he is. He is always cooking something up. The Bucs were very generous today, but those guys played hard, and only missed a few big ones being so undermanned.

When you get down to 3rd string players, you are definitely undermanned! Lou did a great job of protecting those players
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2022, 10:25 PM)Housh Wrote: Idc how we finish. Lou is the leagues best DC.

Mike Hilton
Chidobe Awuzie
Trey H
Sam Hubbard

Here's the guys we did have: 

DJ Reader 
Logan Wilson 
Germaine Pratt 
Vonn Bell 
Jessie Bates 
BJ Hill 

They give you a chance. Apple, CTB, and D. Hill played much better after a rocky start. Ossai and Flowers had a couple great plays. Even Tufele flashed once. 
Reply/Quote
Demeco Ryan’s is gonna have something to say about this.

Giving up 11 ppg in their last 7 games. They have only given up more than 20 pts two times all year.
Reply/Quote