Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lou secured defensive coordinator of the year today
Could have had two more INT's in the first half that they failed to secure or Brady would have had a horrendous day.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 12:39 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Demeco Ryan’s is gonna have something to say about this.

Giving up 11 ppg in their last 7 games. They have only given up more than 20 pts two times all year.

the d-line and linebackers for San Fran have been absurdly great since 2019. They recycle DC's and the defense remains elite.

How much is it Demeco Ryans? Saleh had the same defense and was considered a top tier DC
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 01:44 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: the d-line and linebackers for San Fran have been absurdly great since 2019. They recycle DC's and the defense remains elite.

How much is it Demeco Ryans? Saleh had the same defense and was considered a top tier DC

I’m not sure how much that matters. Your not wrong that they have had elite talent in SF, but what they are doing this year is incredible. If you are the DC of the best defense, you will be in consideration for DC of the year, if not the front runner.

It’s also not like the Jets defense has been bad this year. It’s largely the biggest reason they are in consideration for the playoff hunt.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 01:49 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: I’m not sure how much that matters.  Your not wrong that they have had elite talent in SF, but what they are doing this year is incredible. If you are the DC of the best defense, you will be in consideration for DC of the year, if not the front runner.

...so just like Saleh, right?

I have a hard time believing the 49ers had the 2 best defensive minds in the industry just waiting in the wings
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 01:51 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: ...so just like Saleh, right?

I have a hard time believing the 49ers had the 2 best defensive minds in the industry just waiting in the wings

I edited my comment with saleh doing a good job in NY.

He took on a bad defense last year and have them playing really tough football

Passing - 29
Rushing - 28
PPg - 29.6 (32)

Passing - 5
Rushing - 12
PPg - 18.7ppg (6)

I guess we will see on Ryan’s.

I just found an article from November talking about one of the biggest turnarounds in over 20 years on the defense side of the ball. Read it if you like.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/how-the-jets-defense-is-pulling-off-one-of-the-biggest-nfl-turnarounds-this-century/amp/
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 01:57 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: I edited my comment with saleh doing a good job in NY.

He took a bad defense last year and have them playing really tough football

Passing - 29
Rushing - 28
PPg - 29.6 (32)

Passing - 5
Rushing - 12
PPg - 18.7ppg (6)

I guess we will see on Ryan’s.

couple things, the jets defense last year was better than those stats you posted. that offense was just awful'

2, sauce gardener is a top 5 cb, and the jets already have a ton invested in the trenches.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 02:00 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: couple things, the jets defense last year was better than those stats you posted. that offense was just awful'

2, sauce gardener is a top 5 cb, and the jets already have a ton invested in the trenches.

Look it up please, as far as 2021 was concerned.

Sure, Gardner is top 5… credit to saleh (and the jets) for taking him early round one.

We are moving the goalpost here. Saleh inherited a horrible team, struggled year one and made some personal changes. Isn’t that what is expected? We saw that here with Taylor.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 02:04 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Look it up please, as far as 2021 was concerned.

Sure, Gardner is top 5… credit to saleh (and the jets) for taking him early round one.  

We are moving the goalpost here. Saleh inherited a horrible team, struggled year one and made some personal changes. Isn’t that what is expected?  We saw that here with Taylor.

sauce was a no brainer pick

im just saying, theses san fran dc's are being gifted tremendous defensive personnel, and everyone thinks they're some second coming of belichek

wouldnt shock me if their next dc is considered the next big thing. As long as the 9ers keep investing in 1st round d-linemen, which is what the line is filled with
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 02:07 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: sauce was a no brainer pick

im just saying, theses san fran dc's are being gifted tremendous defensive personnel, and everyone thinks they're some second coming of belichek

wouldnt shock me if their next dc is considered the next big thing. As long as the 9ers keep investing in 1st round d-linemen, which is what the line is filled with

If it isn’t broke, don’t fix it. Back to my original comment, and I hope we can get off the jets bc I just don’t care about them, demeco Ryan’s will be in the running for DC of the year. Rightfully so.

His team is giving up 15ppg. The best since 2019 pats they gave up 14.7.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 02:07 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: sauce was a no brainer pick

FYI -

49ers depth chart
LDE - 2017 4th round pick (LA Rams)
2022 2nd round pick (49ers)
2014 UDFA (NYJ)

LDT - 2019 UDFA (49ers)
2015 UDFA (Seattle)

RDT - 2015 1st round pick (49ers)
2016 4th round pick (Indy)

RDE - 2019 1st Round pick (49ers)
2019 5th round pick (Houston)
2017 3rd round pick (Cincy)
Reply/Quote
Lou went from a hire that some of us hated (myself included), to a guaranteed lock to be a HC next year.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2022, 11:20 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Plus he is from Long Island and talks funny!

Hey ***** I am from Long Island. Rant
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 03:11 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: Hey ***** I am from Long Island. Rant

yea me too!
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 02:55 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Lou went from a hire that some of us hated (myself included), to a guaranteed lock to be a HC next year.

I am in that camp as well. 

Hope we can retain him another year. 
Reply/Quote
Remember the good old days when Lou and Zac were duds and should’ve been fired and Chase couldn’t catch a cold?
Sooo long ago now. Our Bengals are finally legit. Love it.
Reply/Quote