Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Louisville Will Erupt!
(09-28-2020, 09:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So we know that Floyd's failure to follow instructions was a factor in his death; we can only race bait and speculate it was because he was black.

And he we are back at the white person's privilege to assume that police never have racists motives.

Minorities who have been the victim of racial profiling for decades see things differently from you.  It is kind of silly to say "There is overwhelming proof that police have treated minorities differently than white people for decades, but it is "race baiting" to assume that police treat minorities differently from white people."

The proof that police have acted in a racist manner for years shifts the burden of proof.  Just like once you catch your wife cheating on you you are justified in suspecting her of cheating again when you catch her out with another man.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 08:47 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You haven't proved anything and neither have they.

I have posted multiple cases andf studies back up with clearly proven facts.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 10:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I have posted multiple cases andf studies back up with clearly proven facts.

Sure from thirty-five years ago.  Not really germane to my point, but good on you for your use of the google machine.  Doesn't change the fact that you don't know what racial profiling and implicit bias are, but hey, you can't win 'em all.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 08:56 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Again, you don't know what racial profiling is if you think it can occur via implicit bias.  It's difficult having a conversation with someone who doesn't understand the foundation of the topic.

Racial profiling is treating people differently based on their race.

Doesn't matter if it is due to implicit bias.  It is still treating people differently based on their race.

Just so we are clear on your position, do you agree that police treat people differently based on their race?  This is a simple "yes" or "no" question.

We can argue if the cause matters after you answer that question.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 10:48 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Sure from thirty-five years ago.  

Joe Arapio was convicted just three years ago.

St Loius Police Lt. was fired just 5 years ago.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 10:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And he we are back at the white person's privilege to assume that police never have racists motives.

Minorities who have been the victim of racial profiling for decades see things differently from you.  It is kind of silly to say "There is overwhelming proof that police have treated minorities differently than white people for decades, but it is "race baiting" to assume that police treat minorities differently from white people."

The proof that police have acted in a racist manner for years shifts the burden of proof.  Just like once you catch your wife cheating on you you are justified in suspecting her of cheating again when you catch her out with another man.

I didn't assume anything. I stated that the only black person killed during the stop was Floyd. I showed it was because he was the only one that failed to follow LEO's instructions.

You're the one assuming shit and making up what ifs. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 10:12 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote:  I've been asked to prove a negative, is this possible?

Please don't bother with a long winded response.  Succinct and to the point please.

Okay I will be succinct and to the point.

The exact same types of studies that show racial profiling due to disproportionate rates of stops and/or searches of people based on race could be used to show that racial profiling does not exist.

Why do you think that is not possible?  Seems pretty simple to me. 
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 10:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I didn't assume anything. I stated that the only black person killed during the stop was Floyd. I showed it was because he was the only one that failed to follow LEO's instructions.

You're the one assuming shit and making up what ifs. 

I am not assuming anything.  I am pointing out the flaw in your argument.

Failing to follow police orders was the reason he was taken down.  But being taken down was not what killed him.

But not every person taken down by police get choked to death while begging for their life.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 10:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am not assuming anything.  I am pointing out the flaw in your argument.

Failing to follow police orders was the reason he was taken down.  But being taken down was not what killed him.

But not every person taken down by police get choked to death while begging for their life.

Link to anybody at that stop who was taken down yet not choked to death while begging for their life. 

WTS, we're going to stop here. All you've got is Floyd was killed because he was black because he was black and was killed.

Rational folk need a little more than that to continue discourse. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 11:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Link to anybody at that stop who was taken down yet not choked to death while begging for their life. 

You are still missing the point.

The arrest/detention i.e "taking him down" did not kill him.  What killed him after he was taken down.

(09-28-2020, 11:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: All you've got is Floyd was killed because he was black because he was black and was killed.

Wrong.  I have decades of proof of law enforcemtn acting in a racist manner.  That shifts the burden of proof.

If you caught your wife cheataing and then caught her again out with another man how would you respond if she said "You have no reason to suspect that I am chaeting on you."
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 10:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Racial profiling is treating people differently based on their race.

Incorrect.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 10:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Joe Arapio was convicted just three years ago.

St Loius Police Lt. was fired just 5 years ago.

I already gave you credit for finding an example closer than 35 years ago.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 10:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Okay I will be succinct and to the point.

You also won't answer the actual question.  Par for the course with you.  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 10:21 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Proving something doesn't exist is not proving a negative?  OK, we're done.  Yawn

Done with logic; done with science.

And not a minute too soon.

Look where Fred was going:

(09-28-2020, 10:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The exact same types of studies that show racial profiling due to disproportionate rates of stops and/or searches of people based on race could be used to show that racial profiling does not exist.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 11:43 PM)Dill Wrote: Done with logic; done with science.

You've encapsulated your position perfectly, thank you for being succinct for a change.  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Got them all in a row now.  Folk logic.

(09-28-2020, 04:32 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: GMDino Wrote:"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Very true. Seeing as my original point was that no department is engaged in racial profiling (which Fred apparently disagrees with, citing several decades old cases) it appears we have learned from the past in this instance. Smirk
(09-28-2020, 08:01 PM)GMDino Wrote: Bold statement.  Can you defend it?
(09-28-2020, 08:22 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Since you can't prove a negative (which is a basic principle of logic btw), no.
(09-28-2020, 08:57 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Quote:BTW where is that proof to back up your claim that there is no longer any racial profiling?

Yup, because such proof is impossible, Logic 101 and all.  Smirk

(09-28-2020, 10:11 PM)Dill Wrote: If it is possible to prove that profiling occurs or has ever occurred, e.g., 35 years ago,
then it should be possible to show that it has stopped now, if it has.
(09-28-2020, 10:12 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Dear god.  Don't be so keen to leap to your buddies defense that you forget how to read.  I've been asked to prove a negative, is this possible?
(09-28-2020, 10:14 PM)Dill Wrote: Lol that's not a negative. And yes, it is possible to "prove a negative" if the claim is sufficiently circumscribed.

If that weren't possible then induction--science--would not be possible.
(09-28-2020, 10:21 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Proving something doesn't exist is not proving a negative?  OK, we're doneYawn
(09-28-2020, 11:43 PM)Dill Wrote: Done with logic; done with science.

And not a minute too soon.
look where Fred was going:

fredtoast The exact same types of studies that show racial profiling due to disproportionate rates of stops and/or searches of people based on race could be used to show that racial profiling does not exist.

(09-28-2020, 11:47 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Dill Wrote: Done with logic; done with science.

You've encapsulated your position perfectly, thank you for being succinct for a change.
  [Image: 6u74Wyv.gif]

NOW we got a Keeper.

This too.
(09-28-2020, 11:32 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Fredtoast Wrote: Okay I will be succinct and to the point.

You also won't answer the actual question.  Par for the course with you.  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 12:07 AM)Dill Wrote: Keeper

I love how salty you get when you think you've scored internet points.  Smirk
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 10:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am not assuming anything.  I am pointing out the flaw in your argument.

What if Floyd just really pissed him off?  How do you know this has anything to do with race.

Do black cops ever give white people a hard time?  Is it racism or just assholes?
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 08:46 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: What if Floyd just really pissed him off?  How do you know this has anything to do with race.

Do black cops ever give white people a hard time?  Is it racism or just assholes?

Seriously?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 11:30 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Incorrect.

Then give me your definition.
Reply/Quote