Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Louisville Will Erupt!
(09-28-2020, 11:32 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You also won't answer the actual question.  Par for the course with you.  ThumbsUp

I answered the question.  In this case it is possible to prove that racial profiling does not exist by using the exact same type of studies that show it does exist.

So far I have provided facts an studies to prove my point.  You have provided zero evidence to back your claim that racial profiling no longer exists.

So if you claim it is impossible to prove your claim why would you make it in the first place?  Sounds like you are admitting that you just make stuff up in your head and state it as a fact.
Reply/Quote
Let this sink in: Brad Parscale, after initially refusing to leave his home where he had multiple guns and reportedly fired one and had hit his wife was ultimately tackled by SWAT only after a friend in the police dept called him to come out

But Breonna Taylor was shot 6 times
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 12:05 PM)jj22 Wrote: Let this sink in: Brad Parscale, after initially refusing to leave his home where he had multiple guns and reportedly fired one and had hit his wife was ultimately tackled by SWAT only after a friend in the police dept called him to come out

But Breonna Taylor was shot 6 times

Did Parscale fire at the cops?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 11:34 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Then give me your definition.

I already did.

(09-29-2020, 11:40 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Sounds like you are admitting that you just make stuff up in your head and state it as a fact.

Good lord this is rich.   Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 12:15 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Did Parscale fire at the cops?

C'mon Phil, that's not fair.  Let them have their false equivalency.  Next we'll be hearing about how they bought Roof a cheeseburger because they secretly sympathize with his white supremacy, not because that's an easy way to establish rapport and get a guy confessing.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 12:31 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: C'mon Phil, that's not fair.  Let them have their false equivalency.  Next we'll be hearing about how they bought Roof a cheeseburger because they secretly sympathize with his white supremacy, not because that's an easy way to establish rapport and get a guy confessing.

Really Socio? I thought it was a lame question. Did Breonna fire at a cop?

One had a room full of weapons and had battered and assaulted someone. Fired a gun (at someone)..... And the other...….

Not many people have defended what happened to Breonna, not even Trumps supporters. Once again, I am disappointed.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 12:40 PM)jj22 Wrote: Really Socio? I thought it was a lame question. Did Breonna fire at a cop?

This has been covered ad naseum.  As Jdawg adroitly stated there were no wrong actions in that unfortunate case.  Please refer to that post.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 12:40 PM)jj22 Wrote: Really Socio? I thought it was a lame question. Did Breonna fire at a cop?

No she didn't. But she was right next to someone who did. 
Reply/Quote

Yeah I agree.  He didn't appear to be armed.  In fact I thought the tackle was bit excessive at that point as he was just the typical drunk, shirtless Florida man yelling that he "didn't do anything".

But I guess "if he would have done what he was told" that wouldn't have happened either.
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 12:29 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I already did.

Sorry I missed it.  What is the post number.  Not trying to be difficult, but I really did not see your definition.

Anytime you miss something I post I will gladly point you to the post if you ask.

(09-29-2020, 12:29 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Good lord this is rich.   Hilarious

The only thing "rich" is how you don't address anything I say.

Why would you make a claim that is impossible to prove?

Do police treat minorities differently than white people?

Why can't the same research techniques used to prove racial profiling exists not be used to prove racial profiling does not exist?

What is your definition of "racial profiling"?
Reply/Quote

If Breonna Taylor had been asked to come outside by the police she would have most likely complied.  She had nothing to hide. 

In fact if the police had served the warrant in the proper manner she most likely would have complied.  Even though the officers had a "no knock" warrant they had decided that she was a "soft target"  That is why the warrant was being served by plainclothes officers instead of a SWAT team. "No knock" warrants are supposed to be executed by a trained SWAT team with an ambulance on site

There were no allegations that she was hitting anyone or firing any weapons.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 01:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Sorry I missed it.  What is the post number.  Not trying to be difficult, but I really did not see your definition.

Anytime you miss something I post I will gladly point you to the post if you ask.

I wouldn't ask, I'd simply do you the courtesy of actually reading your responses.

Quote:The only thing "rich" is how you don't address anything I say.

You can't prove a negative.  Prove your not a serial killer, Fred.  

Quote:Do police treat minorities differently than white people?

Police?  No, you cannot make a broad statement like this and expect an affirmative answer.  Also, you are aware that there are myriad "minorities" working in law enforcement, right?

Quote:Why can't the same research techniques used to prove racial profiling exists not be used to prove racial profiling does not exist?

Because you can't prove a negative. Prove you're not a serial killer, Fred.

Quote:What is your definition of "racial profiling"?

It's in this thread, simply read my posts.
Reply/Quote
A local shop owner is starting to make some news:
https://www.fox19.com/2020/09/29/small-business-owner-arms-himself-front-louisville-shop/

Quote:For the past 120 nights, a small business owner has been in full tactical gear, armed with a rifle, saying he is defending himself and his property.

Fadi Faouri owns VIP Smoke Shop and Gifts on Third Street and said on Friday he was surrounded by protesters who were demanding him to say things he didn’t fully agree with, asking him questions like, “Do all black lives matter?” He also said early Friday morning one of his buildings was set on fire.

These protesters are ruining the lives of folks that don't have a dog in the fight. I can only imagine how shop owners in Portland are affected.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 01:40 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Because you can't prove a negative.

Actually yes you can.  It is easy to prove lots of negatives.  For example we can prove that I don't have Covid-19.  We can prove that there are no leper colonies in the United States.  We can prove that there are no one-armed women running for President.

Why can't the exact same studies that prove racial profiling exists be used to prove it does not exist?
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 01:40 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I wouldn't ask, I'd simply do you the courtesy of actually reading your responses.

Okay then.

I read them all and I did not see your definition of racial profiling.

So here is your big chance to prove me wrong.  And it will be the simplest thing you ever did.  Just show every one where you defined racial profiling.

It is so simple.  What are you so afraid of?  Just post the link and then laugh at how stupid I am.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 01:40 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Police?  No, you cannot make a broad statement like this and expect an affirmative answer.

So what about all the studies I posted?

What about the court decisions against New York City, Sheriff Arapao, and others?

What about all the admissions by law enforcement officers?

What about all the statistics?

How can you deny all that proof?

What evidence can you provide to support your position?
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 03:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I read them all and I did not see your definition of racial profiling.

So here is your big chance to prove me wrong.  And it will be the simplest thing you ever did.  Just show every one where you defined racial profiling.

It is so simple.  What are you so afraid of?  Just post the link and then laugh at how stupid I am.

LOL Fred, you can't prove a negative!  That's logic 101.     

Er wait--Maybe you CAN if you actually know what one is.

But seriously, ignore the smoke and stick to these questions:

Why can't the same research techniques used to prove racial profiling exists not be used to prove racial profiling does not exist?

There is a reason why he cannot answer logical demonstration with logical demonstraton.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 03:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Okay then.

I read them all and I did not see your definition of racial profiling.

Then, respectfully, you need to learn how to read.  Get back to me once that happens.

(09-29-2020, 04:12 PM)Dill Wrote: LOL Fred, you can't prove a negative!  That's logic 101.     

Er wait--Maybe you CAN if you actually know what one is.

But seriously, ignore the smoke and stick to these questions:

There is a reason why he cannot answer logical demonstration with logical demonstraton.

I've literally answered every single one of these questions.  Quite white knighting your boy and let him struggle on his own.

Oh, and like Fred, please prove to me you're not a serial killer.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 04:29 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I've literally answered every single one of these questions. 

No you have not .  You have refused to explain why the same exact studies that prove racial profiling exists could not be used to show it doe not exist.

You have also refused to give your definition of racial profiling.

And if it is impossible to prove a negative then why is everyone so excited about Covid tests that supposedly prove they don't have the virus?  An why do you claim that it is impossible to prove that there are no one-armed women on the Presidential ballot?

The best thing you can do is just run and hide because I am going to keep hammering you with these same questions over and over again.  It is the same game I used to play with my daughter when she was just a child.  She thought that if she just kept dodging questions and refusing to answer that eventually I would give up. But she did not realize how much I enjoy embarrassing people who attempt to debate me when they can't answer my direct questions.

What evidence do you have that police do not engage in racial profiling?  you stated it as a fact so show me what that claim is based on.

You claim it is impossible to prove a negative but I have provided multiple examples that prove you wrong.

SO WHY CAN'T THE EXACT SAME RESEARCH USED TO SHOW RACIAL PROFILING EXISTS BE USED TO PROVE IT DOES NOT EXIST.

** waits for non-sequitur response that does no address any of my questions above**
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 04:29 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Then, respectfully, you need to learn how to read.  Get back to me once that happens.

If I can't read then how am i able to type all these questions that you refuse to answer?
Reply/Quote