Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Love for Bengal's unis
(10-21-2021, 02:29 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Or even get creative a make a new tiger logo. There is so much potential to take a ferocious animal and make it something uniquely cool. 

This.  I have a couple of ideas, but I never seem to have the chance to put them on paper (or in Adobe Illustrator actually).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2021, 02:16 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: Shoot, is the season over already?  We're back to arguing uniforms and whether the Tiger or the B should be there 6 games into the season.

Yeah, usually we don't get into a uni discussion until right after pitchers and catchers report.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2021, 01:18 PM)Southpaw Frerotte Wrote: Just get rid of the B logo and go back to the tiger.

Tiger is too generic.  Looks the same as a bunch of high schools and colleges.
Reply/Quote
I don't care as much about uniforms as many people here, but I do care.

New uni's are not much different from the last ones.

To me our white-on-black combo looks as good as any uniform in the league. Our helmets are bad ass. Nothing else like them in the league.

A few years ago I found a place that would make custom thro back jerseys. I almost ordered a #20 Parrish, but then I realized that 99% of people would think it was some high school jersey or maybe a Browns jersey. It was so generic looking even a lot of hard core Bengal fans would nto recognize it unless it was at a game.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2021, 02:16 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: Shoot, is the season over already?  We're back to arguing uniforms and whether the Tiger or the B should be there 6 games into the season.
Where's the harm in talking about unis during the season? There's still plenty of threads to discuss how well the team is doing. This is just a diversion from those.  Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2021, 07:12 PM)BengalRed Wrote: Where's the harm in talking about unis during the season? There's still plenty of threads to discuss how well the team is doing. This is just a diversion from those.  Who Dey

Waiting for someone to blame our last unis on Marvin or Andy.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2021, 07:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Waiting for someone to blame our last unis on Marvin or Andy.

Can't be Marvin.  He's much too stylish for that.

[Image: 636501480956814581-cindc5bk-5i9gqpg0ylw1...iginal.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2021, 07:12 PM)BengalRed Wrote: Where's the harm in talking about unis during the season? There's still plenty of threads to discuss how well the team is doing. This is just a diversion from those.  Who Dey

There's no harm.  I just get a kick of out of how passionate people get about the same 3 or 4 subjects.  We just got new uniforms this past off-season and people are already talking about how to make changed/improvements.  I'm just entertained by it.  It's also just a classic offseason topic (or one when the season is down the tubes) and so I'm also struck by the passions bubbling up again at 4-2 when we could have another thread about CJ being underutilized Wink 
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2021, 07:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Waiting for someone to blame our last unis on Marvin or Andy.

No no. It was Bob Bratkowski's fault. 
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2021, 07:31 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Can't be Marvin.  He's much too stylish for that.

[Image: 636501480956814581-cindc5bk-5i9gqpg0ylw1...iginal.jpg]

The Super Bowl ring is all class.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2021, 07:32 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: There's no harm.  I just get a kick of out of how passionate people get about the same 3 or 4 subjects.  We just got new uniforms this past off-season and people are already talking about how to make changed/improvements.  I'm just entertained by it.  It's also just a classic offseason topic (or one when the season is down the tubes) and so I'm also struck by the passions bubbling up again at 4-2 when we could have another thread about CJ being underutilized Wink 

Well, if I can offer my own defense, when I started the thread the intent was to illustrate how the unis have been liked by some polls. Never intended for it to turn into an argument. 
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2021, 07:37 PM)BengalRed Wrote: Well, if I can offer my own defense, when I started the thread the intent was to illustrate how the unis have been liked by some polls. Never intended for it to turn into an argument. 

Meh, not your fault.  It's what we do.  
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2021, 07:53 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Meh, not your fault.  It's what we do.  

I get it. 
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2021, 07:37 PM)BengalRed Wrote: Well, if I can offer my own defense, when I started the thread the intent was to illustrate how the unis have been liked by some polls. Never intended for it to turn into an argument. 

No, it's not a judgement at all against you.  Or anyone else.  Just made me chuckle the direction the thread took!
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2021, 06:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Tiger is too generic.  Looks the same as a bunch of high schools and colleges.

^ This

Reminds me of a Junior High drawing contest for a mascot.

I guess if you can draw the turtle or pirate... you can have your drawing accepted by an NFL team.

[Image: th?id=OIP.IKzx8bn37ds6ZaoTEV4GuQAAAA&pid...=313&h=176]
[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Am I the only one that misses the color rush uni's? They were far more crisp/clean then the all white knock offs we get now.

[url=https://twitter.com/cbraines1976/status/1451203416265527297]C B R on Twitter: "I keep seeing how the white helmet would look better than the orange with this Uniform combo. I strongly disagree. Orange helmet,gloves and cleats pop! #Bengals #WhoDey https://t.co/spWhHsn1IP" / Twitter[/url]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2021, 10:51 AM)jj22 Wrote: Am I the only one that misses the color rush uni's? They were far more crisp/clean then the all white knock offs we get now.

JJ22 finding something meaningless to whine about and bash the Bengals.

Who else is as shocked as I am?

Also who else defines "crisp/clean" as "having black sleeves?"  Most people would consider a white jersey with white sleeves to be "cleaner".
Reply/Quote
Why are you so concerned about my opinion? So what I liked the color rush uni's. Everyone did. And I do like the numbers better on them then I do on the new white ones. And who can look at the pic of the two side by side and argue the color rush ones weren't crisp? I never even mentioned black sleeves so quit putting words in peoples mouth then lamely coming for them for something they never said.

What crowd are you playing to? The peanut gallery? I don't care what none of you guys think and they surely don't care about you as they'll be quick to get you banned again while you desperately try to win them over by trying me.

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2021, 11:48 AM)jj22 Wrote: Why are you so concerned about my opinion? So what I liked the color rush uni's. Everyone did. And I do like the numbers better on them then I do on the new white ones. And who can look at the pic of the two side by side and argue the color rush ones weren't crisp? I never even mentioned black sleeves so quit putting words in peoples mouth then lamely coming for them for something they never said.

What crowd are you playing to? The peanut gallery? I don't care what none of you guys think and they surely don't care about you as they'll be quick to get you banned again while you desperately try to win them over by trying me.

Why are you so concerned about my opinion?

I just find it interesting that a member who generally goes out of his way to make negative posts about the Bengals also calls their new jerseys "knockoffs".
Reply/Quote
The new white ones do look like knockoffs of the color rush ones. And?

I'm not concerned about some wannabe fake lawyer, a member that generally goes out of his way to come for people with lies about what they said, and ends up banned every time I look up, because people have problems with him- something I am not familiar with mind you. But I've never been one to stand down when people take personal shots. I'll always speak my opinion and people can like it or not.

Reply/Quote