Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Loveland's Plitt Scores TD
I live in Loveland and it was great to see Plitt pass for a TD. He actually looked good. Doubt he plays much more, but what a way to show off your QB skills.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
who does he play for?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 11:13 AM)bonesaw Wrote: who does he play for?

He was added to the Bengals roster for preseason. He played at Ball State and Loveland High School. He was put in the game last night for the final drive.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 11:12 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I live in Loveland and it was great to see Plitt pass for a TD. He actually looked good. Doubt he plays much more, but what a way to show off your QB skills.

He was 6 for 6 with a touchdown pass. He earned a right to play some more preseason snaps and at least be afforded an opportunity to compete for a place on the practice squad. 
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 11:17 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: He was added to the Bengals roster for preseason. He played at Ball State and Loveland High School. He was put in the game last night for the final drive.

Nice.  Recorded the midnight showing on NFLN but haven't watched yet
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 11:18 AM)Nepa Wrote: He was 6 for 6 with a touchdown pass. He earned a right to play some more preseason snaps and at least be afforded an opportunity to compete for a place on the practice squad. 

Can one of you tech savvy talented bro-hams post the 6 for 6 video here please?

Thanks

This was posted on YT. Helps a little https://youtube.com/shorts/Cia0zV12jOA?feature=share

Reply/Quote

I have the touchdown clip. Dude had some nice touch passes.
Reply/Quote
Drew Plitt.When he first came on the field the announcer introduced him,and I was like,who in the world is this guy? I had never heard of him.For his NFL debut,he started the drive backed up deep into His
own territory,I think about the 6 yd.line.They drove down the field for a TD to Pryor in the end zone.Beautiful pass to Pryor for the TD.

Although the odds are against him to even make the practice squad,he made some really nice throws on that drive,including rushing for a first down.He seemed very confident.Hoping we see more of him.I just think it’s pretty cool,that a virtually unknown,comes onto the field on his first NFL appearance and just makes it look easy,even if it was against second and third string players.
Reply/Quote
He looked better than Browning or Allen. I say let him hang around awhile and see if he can unseat Jake.
Reply/Quote
With Brandon Allen in concussion protocol, it’ll likely be Browning and Plitt next week.
Reply/Quote
6 for 6 and a td? Shit, let him start next week.

Reply/Quote
Really wished we’d get a vet to get reps in the 3rd game, but signing a QB so late and expecting tvem to make the team is probably unrealistic.

Andy Dalton would be my pick but i know it’s gonna take probably 6 mil just to get him to answer the phone.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 10:44 PM)Housh Wrote: Really wished we’d get a vet to get reps in the 3rd game, but signing a QB so late and expecting tvem to make the team is probably unrealistic.

Andy Dalton would be my pick but i know it’s gonna take probably 6 mil just to get him to answer the phone.

1. Allen is fine.
2. We don't need a vet or Andy.
3. Andy has been with the Saints for months.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I know he was playing against the 3s but he really had nice zip and touch on all his passes. Had really good poise too, would love to see him get more time next week and against better competition. The thing with QBs is you never know who has "it" until the lights come on.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 10:26 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: With Brandon Allen in concussion protocol, it’ll likely be Browning and Plitt next week.

Are you saying they will Plitt time?
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
Again I think Plitt looked good. I would think he deserves more time and earlier next week. I know it was late in the game and I remember we had that QB that I want to say 2 or 3 years ago was lighting it up late in games ( I can't remember his name). But you never know. He had nice touch on his passes but not only that he had some poise on one play in particular he sat in the pocket and when nothing was there after a moment he calmly took the check down. Burrow is the guy and if he goes down we are done but if he misses a game or two we need a QB that could potentially get a W and I just don't see that out of Allen. The answer probably isn't Plitt but a man can dream we found a diamond in the rough.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 11:12 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I live in Loveland and it was great to see Plitt pass for a TD. He actually looked good. Doubt he plays much more, but what a way to show off your QB skills.

That was the coolest thing about that game.  Local kid comes in and has a perfect QB rating on nice TD drive.  I actually bet we see a lot more of him, as Allen might be out with concussion.  

Guy had over 9000 yards passing (and 400 rushing yards) at Ball State.  He doesn't suck.  
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 11:19 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: 1. Allen is fine.
2. We don't need a vet or Andy.
3. Andy has been with the Saints for months.

My biggest wish for a backup QB is one with really good mobility.  If nothing else, if needed he could scramble around and extend drives.  We haven't had a very mobile backup for some time.  
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2022, 08:29 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Again I think Plitt looked good. I would think he deserves more time and earlier next week. I know it was late in the game and I remember we had that QB that I want to say 2 or 3 years ago was lighting it up late in games ( I can't remember his name). But you never know. He had nice touch on his passes but not only that he had some poise on one play in particular he sat in the pocket and when nothing was there after a moment he calmly took the check down. Burrow is the guy and if he goes down we are done but if he misses a game or two we need a QB that could potentially get a W and I just don't see that out of Allen. The answer probably isn't Plitt but a man can dream we found a diamond in the rough.

yes the " tank commander"  Mr Finley
the TB12 Jr as we were all saying   Hilarious
Reply/Quote