Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ricardo Allen to IR
S Ricardo Allen off a great game on Sunday will spend at least 3 weeks on IR with a broken hand and strained hamstring. WR Trent Irwin has been promoted to the 53. S Trayvon Henderson has been protected from being poached off the practice squad. Do not be surprised to see him active on gameday

S Sean Davis has been added to the PS

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2021, 02:06 PM)pally Wrote: S Ricardo Allen off a great game on Sunday will spend at least 3 weeks on IR with a broken hand and strained hamstring. WR Trent Irwin has been promoted to the 53. S Trayvon Henderson has been protected from being poached off the practice squad. Do not be surprised to see him active on gameday

Trayvon makes sense, obviously.

Time to finally translate his insane preseasons to the regular season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Sean Davis? Wasn’t he a high pick by the Steelers not to long ago? EDIT: Drafted round 2 2016. Thought it was more recent than that. Guess I’m getting old....
Reply/Quote
Really hate to hear this. Allen provides a lot for the defense. Depth is so important to succeed in the league. Hopefully we can prove to have it as the year unfolds.
Reply/Quote
Sean Davis is a nice add though. Solid tackler and started a few years in Pitt.

Reply/Quote
What will be interesting is we went 3 safeties 21 plays, and being short Waynes it was a strong option. I wonder if we will go back to more nickel or if we will try 3 safety looks with someone else.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2021, 02:09 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Sean Davis? Wasn’t he a high pick by the Steelers not to long ago? EDIT: Drafted round 2 2016. Thought it was more recent than that. Guess I’m getting old....

2nd round pick in 2016 had a ok career as a starter for several years before injuring a shoulder.  Was released yesterday from the Colts PS

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
And it starts again....
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2021, 02:12 PM)Au165 Wrote: What will be interesting is we went 3 safeties 21 plays, and being short Waynes it was a strong option. I wonder if we will go back to more nickel or if we will try 3 safety looks with someone else.

3 safety schemes are becoming more popular around the league.  In fact last year I predicted Shawn Williams would still get decent playing time even with Bates and Bell. But he barely saw the field.

Hopefully Allen will return this season.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2021, 02:16 PM)Joelist Wrote: And it starts again....

Going to be injuries every year no matter what, the hope is that the injuries end up not being to guys that can not be replaced. Allen is an easier guy to replace then Bates or Bell at safety.

Just have to keep the injuries to short stints and not guys with no back-up like on the OL or at QB.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Sean Davis on first glance seems like such an intriguing player. He's fast, strong, and not afraid to hit, but he just seems to lack everything that makes Ricardo Allen good at the position. Davis has a knack for giving up big plays in coverage (often mental lapses) and missing tackles (although he will make a huge hit on a prior play). He also takes poor angles (mental again). Not trying to trash him, as I can't help but be intrigued with his gifts. I was actually - as a Bengals fan - jealous when the Steelers drafted him out of Maryland, as he seemed like a sure bet. He does put together some nice highlight plays on tape. He was sent to the bench when the Steelers brought Fitzpatrick over from Miami a few years ago. Having said all of that, I do kind of like taking a chance, and there doesn't appear to be a whole lot out there in terms of a versatile skill-set like Allen's at the position.
Reply/Quote
That really stinks. Ricardo Allen allowed Jessie Bates to move around the field and Vonn Bell play that safety/linebacker hybrid. Now they don't have a safety that can handle single high besides Bates.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2021, 02:34 PM)Synric Wrote: That really stinks. Ricardo Allen allowed Jessie Bates to move around the field and Vonn Bell play that safety/linebacker hybrid. Now they don't have a safety that can handle single high besides Bates.

Yes he will be missed.

But we are going to lose some players to injury, and he was not even a starter.
Reply/Quote
Great... It couldn't of been Perine instead?
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2021, 02:12 PM)Au165 Wrote: What will be interesting is we went 3 safeties 21 plays, and being short Waynes it was a strong option. I wonder if we will go back to more nickel or if we will try 3 safety looks with someone else.

I can definitely see them running a 3 S package against Baltimore.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2021, 02:19 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Going to be injuries every year no matter what, the hope is that the injuries end up not being to guys that can not be replaced. Allen is an easier guy to replace then Bates or Bell at safety.

Just have to keep the injuries to short stints and not guys with no back-up like on the OL or at QB.

question is can our coaches adapt to the injuries and not suffer much drop off as we go.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2021, 02:06 PM)pally Wrote: S Ricardo Allen off a great game on Sunday will spend at least 3 weeks on IR with a broken hand and strained hamstring.  WR Trent Irwin has been promoted to the 53.  S Trayvon Henderson has been protected from being poached off the practice squad.  Do not be surprised to see him active on gameday

Too bad after such a great game from Ricardo, just happy it isn't season ending and that we still have Trayvon who played 
fantastic in the Preseason. We were just too deep at Safety for him to have made the roster, now he gets a chance.

And yes, I like the Sean Davis addition to the PS, thanks Pally.
Reply/Quote