Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lowered Expectations
We’ll probably beat Miami. Don’t see us beating the Jags there D-line with dominate our o-line , could lose to the Jets with Darnold back at QB.
Reply/Quote
Honestly, the Jaguars are light years better than us.

The Jets will hard Darnold back before our game. I'm sure all those teams think they'll beat us too.
Reply/Quote
We are only 3 games out of 1st place in the division. Ninja

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 06:13 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: It’s not too late to call Jack Del Rio again.

I'm sure coaches will just be thrilled to come and be part of this.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 06:49 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: We are only 3 games out of 1st place in the division. :ninja

We can still make playoffs, we just need to make a few tweaks with the ownership, general manager, coaching, offensive line, linebackers and quarterback.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 07:17 PM)OBX Bengal Wrote: We can still make playoffs, we just need to make a few tweaks with the ownership, general manager, coaching, offensive line, linebackers and quarterback.

I agree. If we trade for an entirely new franchise...we're right back in it!
Reply/Quote
I think Sweet Lou, Turner, and Tobin should be let go as soon as feasible. The Front Office needs to send a message to fans this product is unacceptable.

Oh, Mike Brown should retire and not be near the facilities after this year, that will help as well...
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
The Front Office is horrific. I hope Mr. Brown enjoyed his quiet drive home, the usual stop at Wendy’s, and a quiet drive-through dinner with the family. I’m not happy about what I saw today.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 05:41 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Taylor needs coordinators with experience at the position.  If Gruden is let go in Washington get him back in here.

This is fair...Anarumo looked like Buddy Ryan after week 1.  But it looks now like they spent their entire offseason preparing for that one game and now have no idea what to do week to week. 

Marv's only good years were when he had Zimmer, Gruden, and/or Hue.  

If we look at week 1's performance on offense without AJ and with a backup LT and a makeshift offensive line with a rookie starting at LG, they looked damn impressive.  However, the league adjusted and our coordinators have no answer.  I look at how the defense is routinely gashed side to side and I can't understand why they aren't playing with three safeties and having a guy like Williams and/or Fej close to the LOS.  Then, they would have to play man on the back side.  I am so sick of seeing a pass completed between 4 Bengal DBs in zone.  They seem to fail to grasp that zone becomes man when someone comes in your zone.  It is like they sit there hoping the ball gets thrown directly to them.  As a result, almost zero INTs.  Dumb.  
Reply/Quote
I just wonder what some were thinking going into the season. I saw some predictions of 8+ wins this year? What were those about? What were you seeing that gave you that much hope? I want whatever those guys were smoking. :) It didn’t take a rocket scientist to see we were going to struggle mightily this year and then throw in some of our injuries, everything just added up to a pretty dismal season. I called for a 4 win season before this year started and got admonished by from some folks. Now I can’t see two wins left on the schedule. And getting one of the top three picks in next years draft. I digress, it is what it is and we are fans of the most frustrating franchise in pro sports. It’s a curse we all must deal with in our own personal ways. I like to drown my miseries in a bottle of Jameson. :). That reminds me, I’m out, gotta go find a new bottle today for next weekend’s debacle.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 12:00 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I just wonder what some were thinking going into the season.  I saw some predictions of 8+ wins this year?  What were those about?  What were you seeing that gave you that much hope?   I want whatever those guys were smoking.  :)  It didn’t take a rocket scientist to see we were going to struggle mightily this year and then throw in some of our injuries, everything just added up to a pretty dismal season.  I called for a 4 win season before this year started and got admonished by from some folks.  Now I can’t see two wins left on the schedule.  And getting one of the top three picks in next years draft.  I digress, it is what it is and we are fans of the most frustrating franchise in pro sports.  It’s a curse we all must deal with in our own personal ways.  I like to drown my miseries in a bottle of Jameson.  :).  That reminds me, I’m out, gotta go find a new bottle today for next weekend’s debacle.

From my perspective, I thought with our OL and LB's we were doomed, but I did think ZT would at least pull some wins out of the hat given renewed energy, focus and more modern systems. I had zero expectations for the D, given Lou was our 3rd or 4th PUBLIC pick for the role, probably our tenth privately. 
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 12:00 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I just wonder what some were thinking going into the season.  I saw some predictions of 8+ wins this year?  What were those about?  What were you seeing that gave you that much hope?   I want whatever those guys were smoking.  :)  It didn’t take a rocket scientist to see we were going to struggle mightily this year and then throw in some of our injuries, everything just added up to a pretty dismal season.  I called for a 4 win season before this year started and got admonished by from some folks.  Now I can’t see two wins left on the schedule.  And getting one of the top three picks in next years draft.  I digress, it is what it is and we are fans of the most frustrating franchise in pro sports.  It’s a curse we all must deal with in our own personal ways.  I like to drown my miseries in a bottle of Jameson.  :).  That reminds me, I’m out, gotta go find a new bottle today for next weekend’s debacle.

I think people were expecting the status quo - and I was right there with them, until the injuries came along.

Jonah, Boling, Glenn, AJ.  Thats a huge part of the game plan right there.  Can anyone really win in this league without an O-line?
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 01:07 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote:  Can anyone really win in this league without an O-line?

A team can win whose offensive line run blocks well but doesn’t pass block well.

A team can win whose offensive line pass blocks well but doesn’t run block well.

A team that does both well ends up in the playoffs.

A team which cannot do either will get an early draft pick.
Reply/Quote