Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Loyal fan for 49 years is about fed up
(11-15-2016, 06:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Ooh Ooh, Can I play?

"Marvin rapes babies and drinks the blood of kittens."

Am I winning now?

Have you ever?  At anything?
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 06:28 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Have you ever?  At anything?

Yes, actually, I have had a bit of success in my life.

But I have never tried to be the biggest whiner before.  This is all new to me.
Reply/Quote

Now that is the kind of swagger this team needs.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Am I winning now?

On this forum that's considered a W. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Big Grin 
(11-15-2016, 06:00 PM)bengals67 Wrote: No other NFL team would keep a coach for 13 years who has lost six or seven playoff games, consistently loses on prime time, and regularly gets beat by our arch enemy.

It was over when we lost to Pittsburgh last year in the playoffs.

We all should have seen this coming.

I am not a Marv defender at all, but I doubt this. The 8-20 record vs the steelers hurt,  and the 0-7 post season hurt the most, but he's 16-10 vs ratbirds, 18-8 vs brownies...so it not some "he's a total shit coach" lets just let him stay here type deal. I can bet you more than a few teams would take our recent streak than not. I can see why they've kept giving him "prove-it" deals in hope he figures it out, but if this season goes keeps going South, this will be the ultimate test of what Mike Brown is really made of. The Colts, Chargers, Houston, Pitt last year, I can come to the realization that MB is fine with that level of success. Fine. Nothing at all I can do about that. But after going - say - 6-9-1 and missing the post-season? This will say if he's all out of chances to keep proving it.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 04:51 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: You really cannot compare this organization to the Steelers, Packers, Panthers, or Cardinals.  The Panthers came into the league after the last Bengals playoff win, yet have been to two Super Bowls and have multiple playoff wins.  The Steelers and Packers are two of the most historic and successful organizations in the league.  Maybe, possibly the Cardinals, but even they have playoff wins and Super Bowl appearances in the recent past.

Has the AFC North historically been one of the toughest divisions in football or not over the last 16 years? 

All time results:
Panthers - 2-2-1 Tied
Packers- 7-5 Bengals
Cardinals - 6-5 Bengals
Steelers- 59-35 -duh

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 03:39 PM)count35 Wrote: I started the revolt on my own this year by not renewing my season's tickets and i didn't even bother with Sunday Ticket either! Even if the changes you ask for are done we're stilll left with Mike Brown and company to drive this further into the ground.

I will continue to participate on this message site, but will no longer watch any Bengal's games until Marvin Lewis is sent packing along with all the assistant coaches. Bring in a big name, no nonsense, HC and allow him to hire his own assistants and Mikey keep the **** out of the way. :paul:
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 08:23 PM)Derrick Wrote: I will continue to participate on this message site, but will no longer watch any Bengal's games until Marvin Lewis is sent packing along with all the assistant coaches.

Can we cut out all this silly middle school drama?

If you are a Bengal fan you are going to want to watch the games no matter who is coaching.  And your "not watching" the games has absolutely zero effect on who coaches the team.

It is like saying you will stop eating bacon until you get to pick the President of the United States.
Reply/Quote
I hear ya OP

I've been a fan 40+ years, and in all honesty if Marvin Lewis is here again next season I'm not sure I can continue. I've never felt like this not even in the 90's.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 08:06 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Has the AFC North historically been one of the toughest divisions in football or not over the last 16 years? 

All time results:
Panthers - 2-2-1 Tied
Packers- 7-5 Bengals
Cardinals - 6-5 Bengals
Steelers- 59-35 -duh

I don't know what comparing the entire AFC North to other divisions has to do with comparing the Bengals' "down year" to that of the aforementioned teams.  The Bengals' history, when compared to any of the four with the possible exception of the Cardinals, is sad.

Just for fun, here are the all time playoff records for the teams you mentioned.

Pittsburgh: 34-23, eight Super Bowl appearances, and six wins.
Green Bray: 32-21, five Super Bowl appearances, and four wins.
Carolina: 9-7, two Super Bowl appearances, zero wins.
Arizona: 7-9, one Super Bowl appearance, zero wins.
Cincinnati: 5-14, two Super Bowl appearances, zero wins.

As I said, comparing these franchises is sad.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 11:20 AM)bengals67 Wrote: I went to the first Bengal game in Nippert Stadium and have watched almost every Bengal game for 49 years.

My Dad was an original season ticket holder. He is long gone but watching the games today is my connection to him.

Marvin Lewis should have resigned or been fired after the meltdown against Pittsburgh last year in the playoff game.

I am sick and tired of Marvin's team always getting out coached and outplayed in every prime time game and 90% of the big meaningful games during is career.

Our offense is so predictable. We slice through the Giants in the air in the first series and then we go back to always running on first and second down , getting no yards, and putting Andy in a third and long situation.

Our offensive line is pathetic and Paul Alexander should be fired tomorrow.

If I lived in Cincinnati and despite my completely loyal commitment- including brainwashing my three sons into being Bengal fans- I would not renew my season tickets next year absent Marvin being fired and a new coach given the freedom to clean house and bring in his own people.

Everything is too comfortable with the Bengals right now.

In my profession, all of my clients would have fired me a long time ago if I had such a dismissal record losing almost every significant game including prime time and playoff games.

I wish AJ could go play for the Patriots because he is a completely class player and deserves so much more than what this franchise to doing.

We have a core group of very good players and if there are not major changes next year in the coaching staff, I would hope that for the benefit of off of these players - Andy, AJ, Geno , Gio and several others- that they would be allowed to leave this dysfunctional organization where mediocrity is perfectly acceptable.

Could you Imagine what AJ would do at New England.  WOW.  I hope everyone has that experience with their Dad watching the games etc...  it is what it truly is about.  WHO DEY!!
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 08:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Can we cut out all this silly middle school drama?

If you are a Bengal fan you are going to want to watch the games no matter who is coaching.  And your "not watching" the games has absolutely zero effect on who coaches the team.

It is like saying you will stop eating bacon until you get to pick the President of the United States.
I'm quitting these Bengals long before I give up bacon...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2016, 08:27 PM)jason Wrote: I'm quitting these Bengals long before I give up bacon...

Remember when Bacon was a Bengal?  

[Image: s-l300.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2016, 09:31 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Remember when Bacon was a Bengal?  

[Image: s-l300.jpg]
I was 6-7 when they switched to he striped helmets. That was the first year I caught on to the Bengals. Mr Bacon may have been a lil before my time. His name does sound vaguely familiar though.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Feel the pain of OP as well.

It becomes taxing.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2016, 08:27 PM)jason Wrote: I'm quitting these Bengals long before I give up bacon...

There is no "we" in bacon !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 04:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: There are a lot of other coaches out there trying very hard who have not ben able to reach Marvin's consistent level of success.

If a child makes it to the school bus everyday but fails to catch the bus because he is too busy giggling and not paying attention, does that make him successful? Let's say he does make it to school every year but fails to graduate because he is giggling too much to hide his fear of ineptitude. Does that make him successful? No.

Sound like anyone you know?

Reply/Quote
These threads again?

If you made it through the 90s I'm sure you will be back next year.

If not??? #byefelicia
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 08:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Can we cut out all this silly middle school drama?

Soooo. you gave up bacon??
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2016, 10:32 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: If a child makes it to the school bus everyday but fails to catch the bus because he is too busy giggling and not paying attention, does that make him successful? 

Do only about a third of all students make it to the bus stop every day?

Typical logic of a Marvin hater. Rolleyes
Reply/Quote