Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Luck out 2-6 weeks
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000577340/article/andrew-luck-out-26-weeks-with-lacerated-kidney

dare I say, Colts may not make the playoffs?  Or do you trust Hasselback more than any of the other QBs in the AFCS?

after typing that out, I found myself saying I trust Hasselback more than any of the other QBs. lol.
Reply/Quote
I dunno. Hasselback if definitely a guy I want stepping in to hold onto a lead or fill in for a week or two, but worst case six?

AFC South just got blown even more open
Reply/Quote
Its not a surprise considering the beating Luck was taking Sunday

so what obscrure blast from the past QB will the Colts sign to be Hasselbacks back up?

lacerated kidney is the same injury that just put Charger WR Keenan Allen on IR and his injury was 2 games ago

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 06:40 PM)pally Wrote: Its not a surprise considering the beating Luck was taking Sunday

so what obscrure blast from the past QB will the Colts sign to be Hasselbacks back up?

lacerated kidney is the same injury that just put Charger WR Keenan Allen on IR and his injury was 2 games ago

yes, but WR's take more shots to that area than QB's do, so it's wiser to protect them more.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 06:04 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: I dunno. Hasselback if definitely a guy I want stepping in to hold onto a lead or fill in for a week or two, but worst case six?

AFC South just got blown even more open

no it didnt. Colts will still win it
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 08:06 PM)IsaacCurtis Wrote: no it didnt. Colts will still win it

I don't know. The next two out of three I see the Colts easily losing if Luck doesn't play (@Falcons, Buccs, @Steeler). The Titans or Texans can catch up.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 08:09 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I don't know. The next two out of three I see the Colts easily losing if Luck doesn't play (@Falcons, Buccs, @Steeler). The Titans or Texans can catch up.

they should beat the Falcons.

Bucs game is pickem maybe
They will lose to Steelers.
They will beat Titans and Texans
Reply/Quote
Hasslebeck has been better that Luck (for the most part) this season PLUS the Colts may only need 7 wins to take that division. It's more about the Texans, Titans, and Jaguars continuing their multi-year stinkfest than Luck playing.

The Colts (4-5) have a bye and the following opponents:
at Falcons (6-3)
vs. Buccaneers (3-5)
at Steelers (5-4)
at Jaguars (2-6)
vs. Texans (3-5)
at Dolphins (3-5)
vs. Titans (2-6)

The Texans (3-5) have the following:
at Bengals (8-0)
vs. Jets (5-3)
vs. Saints (4-5)
at Bills (4-4)
vs. Patriots (8-0)
at Colts (4-5)
at Titans (2-6)
vs. Jaguars (2-6)

Personally, I want to see a 6-10 playoff team emerge from this mess.
Reply/Quote
I wish the jags would win these close games they seem to be in every week. Would rather see them win than any other team in that division.
Reply/Quote
If Luck is out the whole six weeks I think they could easily lose those five games (they're on the bye this week).  I'm interested to see how Hasselbeck holds up if he has to play four or five weeks in a row.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 09:19 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Personally, I want to see a 6-10 playoff team emerge from this mess.

With only 4 teams per division it will happen some day.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2015, 01:40 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I wish the jags would win these close games they seem to be in every week.   Would rather see them win than any other team in that division.

I agree on this. They're the anonymous doormat of the NFL. You forget about them until your team plays them. You always seem to pick against them in an office pool. They're just kind of there.

Seriously, nothing would make me happier than a 6-10 Jags team winning that division and then debuting their division champions banner next season.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I know some might think this is silly, but I think they may be better off with Hasselbeck. He's a good, smart QB who limits turnovers. He's outplayed Luck this year. At worst, Hasselbeck is good enough to keep the Colts competitive in that weak-ass division.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2015, 05:28 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I agree on this. They're the anonymous doormat of the NFL. You forget about them until your team plays them. You always seem to pick against them in an office pool. They're just kind of there.

Seriously, nothing would make me happier than a 6-10 Jags team winning that division and then debuting their division champions banner next season.

The Jags have a lot of good, young talent on offense. Their biggest problem isn't getting the ball up and down the field, it's finishing the drive in the end zone. Both their WRs are on pace for 1,200 yds and 12 TDs. They need some help on D but they're not that far away from contending with the O they have.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2015, 11:57 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The Jags have a lot of good, young talent on offense. Their biggest problem isn't getting the ball up and down the field, it's finishing the drive in the end zone. Both their WRs are on pace for 1,200 yds and 12 TDs. They need some help on D but they're not that far away from contending with the O they have.

They have some talent, but we'll have to wait and see. Robinson and Hurns look their 1-2 punch for a while. Bortles looks to be improving, but he needs to work on his decision making. It's hard for me to gauge how good TJ Yeldon is because anytime I see the Jags, Yeldon is trying to sidestep defenders in the backfield. Luke Joeckel hasn't lived up to the hype that was put on him. As for TE, Julius Thomas is still a question mark. Missed a lot of time due to injury, looked good against Houston, but that was it. He just looks out of shape and I think he's just kicking back and counting his money at this point.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2015, 05:28 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Seriously, nothing would make me happier than a 6-10 Jags team winning that division and then debuting their division champions banner next season.

I wonder if the Colts will debut a "Division Participant" banner if they go 5-11 and miss the playoffs.
Reply/Quote