Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Luke Kennard from Franklin
Two time Ohio High School Basketball Player of the Year.  He is a Freshman at Duke this year.  

I went to school with his dad Mark Kennard.  We graduated the same year from Franklin High, and we also went to church together.  Mark was a basketball star himself, but he was only about 6'2" and not a great athlete.  He set some scoring records at Franklin, but went to a small college to play basketball (Georgetown, Kentucky).  Mark married a girl from high school who was also an athlete (qualified for state in half mile).  I assume that is Luke's mom.

Luke is a good shooter and ballhandler like his dad, but he is 6'5" and can jump pretty well.  He is currently 3rd in scoring at Duke and LEADING THE NATION in free throw percentage (92%).

Too bad I hate Duke.
Reply/Quote
Back in October I did some work on a finished basement for a guy by the last name of Kennard in Centerville Oh...  I didn't make the connection at first.  I hadn't heard about that kid in months.  He was his dad's cousin.  He hates/ hated Duke as well...  He graduated from UK.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote