Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Luke Maile is back
Luke Maile is back with the Reds on a one-year deal with a 2nd year club option.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/cincinnati-reds-settle-catching-question-extend-luke-maile-for-1-year-35-million/ar-AA1iwicW
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm happy with this signing. 3.5 million dollars is a fair deal for his production and he had some good moments at the plate, especially for a backup catcher. His work behind the plate is pretty good too.
Reply/Quote
Glad he is back. Hope he has a good year next year.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2023, 08:57 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I'm happy with this signing. 3.5 million dollars is a fair deal for his production and he had some good moments at the plate, especially for a backup catcher. His work behind the plate is pretty good too.

He basically did what I had hoped Casali would do. Curt was good for the young staff at the time, but Maile took that veteran catcher role and embraced it.

Just throwing this here because it doesn't deserve it's own thread . . . yet.
https://www.mlb.com/news/contemporary-baseball-era-committee-candidates-announced

Four managers, two umps and two executives make the list for this special committee.
Former Reds managers Lou Piniella and Davey Johnson take up two of the slots.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Not a bad signing, his work behind the plate w the pitching staff was pretty good and that's what matters most. While he won't light the world on fire with the bat, he isn't a bad option at the bottom of the order. Now that Tyler S. has gotten through a whole season HEALTHY, perhaps he can take the next step in his development and we might have a decent catching tandem next year. If not, this is a sort of "kick the can down the road" type of signing to get through next year while we look for other catching options.
Reply/Quote
I was just typing to his sister about this and they all seem pretty happy that he's staying home!

Hopefully they can get some pitching and be contenders!
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2023, 04:36 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I was just typing to his sister about this and they all seem pretty happy that he's staying home!

Hopefully they can get some pitching and be contenders!

Pitching definitely the biggest need, but after seeing these hitters in the NLCS/ALCS getting hit after hit after hit and many HRs, I wonder if the Reds might also still need a bat.
Having a Schwarber or Castellanos would be nice to have (but pitching first and foremost).
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2023, 09:46 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Pitching definitely the biggest need, but after seeing these hitters in the NLCS/ALCS getting hit after hit after hit and many HRs, I wonder if the Reds might also still need a bat.
Having a Schwarber or Castellanos would be nice to have (but pitching first and foremost).
Would love to have a power bat, but Shwarber bats .200 and Casty is a poor defender. I did enjoy Nick's stint in Cincinnati though. We lack that "fireball" type player in our clubhouse. Haven't had it since he left.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2023, 09:46 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Pitching definitely the biggest need, but after seeing these hitters in the NLCS/ALCS getting hit after hit after hit and many HRs, I wonder if the Reds might also still need a bat.
Seems like it's always pitching, and if we have pitching, we don't have the bats.

There's some possible hope in minor league pitchers but we hopefully will also spend some money because we have a lot of room.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2023, 04:14 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Seems like it's always pitching, and if we have pitching, we don't have the bats.

There's some possible hope in minor league pitchers but we hopefully will also spend some money because we have a lot of room.

I agree.

Knowing how much success Sonny Gray had with the Reds before, I really would like him back.
Gray with Greene, Ashcraft, Abbott, and Williamson/Lodolo/Phillips seems like a pretty good rotation.
Personally, I'd go Phillips as the 5th and let Lodolo and Williamson serve as long relievers.

Can't ignore RP either though, as they really gassed out in Aug/Sept from all the usage.
Get a true setup guy for Diaz.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote